Planets alignment and their influence on human behavior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 01:03 PM by Filox.)
Planets alignment and their influence on human behavior
I know, I know, not a Science section, but Pseudoscience... Well, maybe, what I want with this thread is to ask for some scientific explanation on the planet influence and us, humans... Please take this seriously and try to give me scientific answers, not mumbo-jumbo, although this sounds just like mumbo-jumbo.

If anyone doesn't know, I am a full-on atheist, I don't believe in any religions, nor am I superstitious.

So about a tenday ago (d&d pun intended Smile ) Egor (yes, our Egor) said he started to do natal charts and to check how much wrong he can be, I send him my real info and yesterday he send me my natal chart. It is a 7 page long PDF file, so it is quite detailed. I must say, he got it right in every aspect he talked about. It appears that Ed knows me better than my parent and my best friends, believe it or not. He was so right that, when I told my mother I got my natal chart and she asked me to show it to her, I had to told her it was too personal to share. Fuck this shit, I never believed in it, but this is very intriguing now. There are some gray areas that can be interpreted as a bit general (the way most of these "readings" work), but some of the things are just... well, just me, completely.

What I am intrigued about it is the possibility that planets alignment can have some small scale of influence on our molecules and therefore on our behavior, or the tendency to lean toward certain behavior patterns, to be more precise.

To make things more interesting, he did say that this is just the "wind blowing in certain direction" and you can go against it. Now, I do tend try sometimes to "go against my wind", because I want to fit in, me more polite, get the girls phone number, all sorts of things... If I want to "let go" and relax, be myself, then it all fits rather good.

If you are SO interested in my chart, I was described as intelligent, leader, strong sense of justice, good health and so on... Cool

Now, please, some input...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: Natal chart
The gravitational influence of the planet Jupiter on your body, is less than the gravitational influence of a semitrailer down the block. It is completely lost in the background noise of everyday life. The other planets have even less effect. And gravity works on all particles in your body equally; if Jupiter causes one particle to move by a tenth of a femtometer, then every other particle in your body will be affected a proportional amount. Any astrological woo that tries to use the gravitational influence of planets as an excuse for anything is so full of shit it probably goes "squelch" when it walks.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 6 users Like Phaedrus's post
24-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Filox would you be willing to post the results? These things tend to work by making generalised statements that could cover a vast amount of people so as to give the appearance of a prediction.

For example "you try to keep a cool head but on occasion can be quick to anger"
Covers just about everyone ever.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
24-05-2013, 08:22 AM
OK, but I didn't say gravitational, did I? Smile Could there be anything else? Maybe something on a quantum scale? Magnetic or some other kind of anything? You get my point...

It would be interesting to see more people with their results, you can not test something on a single subject, but I am afraid that Egor will not do a bunch of other charts, not for free at least...

FSM, maybe somewhere more private. Smile No, there were no claims like that, I was careful about it. And skeptical as well, let us not forget who you are talking to. Tongue

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
24-05-2013, 08:31 AM
(24-05-2013 08:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, but I didn't say gravitational, did I? Smile Could there be anything else? Maybe something on a quantum scale? Magnetic or some other kind of anything? You get my point...

It would be interesting to see more people with their results, you can not test something on a single subject, but I am afraid that Egor will not do a bunch of other charts, not for free at least...

FSM, maybe somewhere more private. Smile No, there were no claims like that, I was careful about it. And skeptical as well, let us not forget who you are talking to. Tongue

I saw this:

Quote:What I am intrigued about it is the possibility that planets alignment can have some small scale of influence on our molecules and therefore on our behavior, or the tendency to lean toward certain behavior patterns, to be more precise.

That usually means gravitation. That being the most reasonable option, since Jupiter's magnetic field is a million times weaker than its gravitational field.

Gravitation is too weak, having only minute effects on earth's orbit and having no effect on the people on its surface. Electromagnetism is far too weak. Let's see what forces are left... The strong and weak nuclear forces? Sorry, they have ranges measured in nanometers.

There's no force that Jupiter could possibly inflict upon the earth to alter the personality of its inhabitants. >.>

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
24-05-2013, 08:34 AM
OK. So, the only explanation is ... coincidence or good writing? Still, interesting.

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Personally I suspect that any specific claims about you that could not be generalized were most likely made by doing PI work, rather than mystically calculating based on the movements of the planets. Anyone can look up your email address and find your accounts on other websites and read your posts and info there. Plus Ego already has a good picture of your personality from your postings here. We already know he's a lying cunt, seems reasonable to stick with known facts like that rather than postulate new physics based on a single "natal" reading.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
24-05-2013, 08:37 AM
True, true, he did know all sorts of things about from this forum. That is why I would like to try this with someone he never met and I already have a candidate, the question is will he do it...

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2013, 08:40 AM
From name you can get Facebook, Linkedin, and Google+ accounts. From those you can get email. From email you can get common usernames they use. From those you can find what websites they visit. From those you can glean their personality. It's really rather simple.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
24-05-2013, 09:06 AM
But what if a person has no computer?

Evil_monster

-Hunter S. Thompson