RE: Natal chart
That could do it. Wink

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 09:46 AM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  I know, I know, not a Science section, but Pseudoscience... Well, maybe, what I want with this thread is to ask for some scientific explanation on the planet influence and us, humans... Please take this seriously and try to give me scientific answers, not mumbo-jumbo, although this sounds just like mumbo-jumbo.

Now, please, some input...

Big Grin

Okay, I'll take a shot. Big Grin

(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  To make things more interesting, he did say that this is just the "wind blowing in certain direction" and you can go against it. Now, I do tend try sometimes to "go against my wind", because I want to fit in, me more polite, get the girls phone number, all sorts of things... If I want to "let go" and relax, be myself, then it all fits rather good.

Who doesn't want to fit in (compromising ones self in some slight way to fit a groups minset), be more polite (a moral person will try to be so) and get the girls phone number (if you're a heterosexual male, you're gonna want that). Also, you just did confirmation bias on something that could have been interpreted in a very different way by someone who isn't born on the day you were born.

(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  If you are SO interested in my chart, I was described as intelligent, leader, strong sense of justice, good health and so on... Cool

Yeah, but just remember, this is a natal chart; something that is designed to up the ego and self-esteem.

Was there anything that was negative that you didn't share? Is that the stuff that kept you from showing it to your mom? Now THAT I'm interested in. But not to poke it with a stick like I had with the other stuff you posted. Big Grin

So for the scientific approach, planets do influence humans in the same sense as planets influence animals, bugs, plants...

JUPITER! Well Jupiter is the one that pops in my head so I'm gonna mention it... It's the 'vacuum' of our solar system. It's sucked up a lot comets - a recent example would probably be the comet shoemaker-levy 9. If it had hit Earth, it would have decimated the planet. It's one of the best demonstrations of Jupiter's contribution to life on Earth.

So, a little debunking a the mention of a few scientific facts. I hope that's what you were looking for. Smile

Oh, and if you love Jupiter, you might like this video about the planet:

Solely for humans, though, I think the planets influence our creativity and self-discovery. Scientifically speaking, of course.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-05-2013, 10:07 AM
How big is Uranus? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
24-05-2013, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 10:13 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  I know, I know, not a Science section, but Pseudoscience... Well, maybe, what I want with this thread is to ask for some scientific explanation on the planet influence and us, humans... Please take this seriously and try to give me scientific answers, not mumbo-jumbo, although this sounds just like mumbo-jumbo.

If anyone doesn't know, I am a full-on atheist, I don't believe in any religions, nor am I superstitious.

So about a tenday ago (d&d pun intended Smile ) Egor (yes, our Egor) said he started to do natal charts and to check how much wrong he can be, I send him my real info and yesterday he send me my natal chart. It is a 7 page long PDF file, so it is quite detailed. I must say, he got it right in every aspect he talked about. It appears that Ed knows me better than my parent and my best friends, believe it or not. He was so right that, when I told my mother I got my natal chart and she asked me to show it to her, I had to told her it was too personal to share. Fuck this shit, I never believed in it, but this is very intriguing now. There are some gray areas that can be interpreted as a bit general (the way most of these "readings" work), but some of the things are just... well, just me, completely.

What I am intrigued about it is the possibility that planets alignment can have some small scale of influence on our molecules and therefore on our behavior, or the tendency to lean toward certain behavior patterns, to be more precise.

To make things more interesting, he did say that this is just the "wind blowing in certain direction" and you can go against it. Now, I do tend try sometimes to "go against my wind", because I want to fit in, me more polite, get the girls phone number, all sorts of things... If I want to "let go" and relax, be myself, then it all fits rather good.

If you are SO interested in my chart, I was described as intelligent, leader, strong sense of justice, good health and so on... Cool

Big Grin

Back in my woo days. I did tarot card readings and natal charts.

Everyone always said the same thing...Oh wow that sounds exactly like me (I did them for free) and "you know me better than my husband." I'd say it was just the planets....

Then one day I screwed up. I guess I had a hard reading the person's handwriting (since the chart begins generally with the ascendant which is based on the time of birth) the person didn't notice. The whole chart was off and pretty much garbage.

They were sooooo excited because it was exactly like they are... Drinking Beverage

When I gave them the corrected chart with apologies....Same thing...

While they sound very specific they're totally vague enough to fit in with most people. And...you tend to dismiss parts that aren't true in favor of those that resonate with you. In fact it on a whole just needs to resonate.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-05-2013, 11:14 AM
But, but, you don't understand... I am Batman!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 4 users Like Filox's post
24-05-2013, 11:27 AM
To any Moderator who happens to be awake:
Please move this thread to the bullshit forum. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-05-2013, 11:28 AM
(24-05-2013 10:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

If anyone doesn't know, I am a full-on atheist, I don't believe in any religions, nor am I superstitious.

So about a tenday ago (d&d pun intended Smile ) Egor (yes, our Egor) said he started to do natal charts and to check how much wrong he can be, I send him my real info and yesterday he send me my natal chart. It is a 7 page long PDF file, so it is quite detailed. I must say, he got it right in every aspect he talked about. It appears that Ed knows me better than my parent and my best friends, believe it or not. He was so right that, when I told my mother I got my natal chart and she asked me to show it to her, I had to told her it was too personal to share. Fuck this shit, I never believed in it, but this is very intriguing now. There are some gray areas that can be interpreted as a bit general (the way most of these "readings" work), but some of the things are just... well, just me, completely.

What I am intrigued about it is the possibility that planets alignment can have some small scale of influence on our molecules and therefore on our behavior, or the tendency to lean toward certain behavior patterns, to be more precise.

To make things more interesting, he did say that this is just the "wind blowing in certain direction" and you can go against it. Now, I do tend try sometimes to "go against my wind", because I want to fit in, me more polite, get the girls phone number, all sorts of things... If I want to "let go" and relax, be myself, then it all fits rather good.

If you are SO interested in my chart, I was described as intelligent, leader, strong sense of justice, good health and so on... Cool

Big Grin

Back in my woo days. I did tarot card readings and natal charts.

Everyone always said the same thing...Oh wow that sounds exactly like me (I did them for free) and "you know me better than my husband." I'd say it was just the planets....

Then one day I screwed up. I guess I had a hard reading the person's handwriting (since the chart begins generally with the ascendant which is based on the time of birth) the person didn't notice. The whole chart was off and pretty much garbage.

They were sooooo excited because it was exactly like they are... Drinking Beverage

When I gave them the corrected chart with apologies....Same thing...

While they sound very specific they're totally vague enough to fit in with most people. And...you tend to dismiss parts that aren't true in favor of those that resonate with you. In fact it on a whole just needs to resonate.

I'm resonating with you on this! Big Grin

Erx, step away from the "hmmm... should I make a witty comment to what she said?" line of thought. Beat_stick Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
24-05-2013, 11:29 AM
(24-05-2013 11:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  To any Moderator who happens to be awake:

You're rather crotchety today.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

24-05-2013, 11:30 AM

If only we had that type of a section on here... Weeping

24-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Why? I wanted some scientific input on the possibility of this and I've gotten some input.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post