Planets alignment and their influence on human behavior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: Natal chart
Hes posted it here looking for scientific answers its fine here.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 11:45 AM
(24-05-2013 11:39 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hes posted it here looking for scientific answers its fine here.

No, it clearly belongs in pseudoscience.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-05-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm not moving it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-05-2013, 11:58 AM
(24-05-2013 11:37 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 11:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  To any Moderator who happens to be awake:
Please move this thread to the bullshit forum. Drinking Beverage

Why? I wanted some scientific input on the possibility of this and I've gotten some input.

You got the answer that it it bullshit and then said "oh, I didn't say gravity, what if it's (insert woo here)?" What? Some undiscovered sparkly dust force?

This is woo.

24-05-2013, 11:59 AM
(24-05-2013 11:52 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'm not moving it. Drinking Beverage

Chicken.Drinking Beverage

24-05-2013, 12:33 PM
(24-05-2013 11:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 11:52 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'm not moving it. Drinking Beverage

Chicken.Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3ce0eb220ff9a1f24599d0c1b1442725.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
24-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Chas, chill. BTW, I was trying to explore more than just gravity and we did explore it. Then we came to the conclusion that all scientific analyzing of this matter is finished.

I haven't seen a single line mentioning anything non-scientific here. It is only you who is derailing the post without anything to add to this already closed discussion.

BTW, if I wanted to talk mumbo-jumbo and discus about the possibility of spirits, god and whatnot, I would have put this in the Pseudoscience. My logic is undisputed.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2013, 02:22 PM
(24-05-2013 02:19 PM)Filox Wrote:  Chas, chill. BTW, I was trying to explore more than just gravity and we did explore it. Then we came to the conclusion that all scientific analyzing of this matter is finished.

I haven't seen a single line mentioning anything non-scientific here. It is only you who is derailing the post without anything to add to this already closed discussion.

BTW, if I wanted to talk mumbo-jumbo and discus about the possibility of spirits, god and whatnot, I would have put this in the Pseudoscience. My logic is undisputed.

It's not science, it doesn't belong here.

24-05-2013, 03:58 PM
So now do the same with fake details (It's a bit hard to do this objectively because he knows you and you know him). Let him do up a chart using incorrect data. Now give both charts to several independent close people in your life. Don't tell them which chart is real and which is fake. Let them count the hits in each one. Give the two charts in different orders and see whether there is a pattern to the number of hits or not.

My prediction: The number of hits people count in each chart will depend more on the order they read them in than on whether the chart is real or fake.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-05-2013, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 06:03 PM by Luminon.)
(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  I know, I know, not a Science section, but Pseudoscience... Well, maybe, what I want with this thread is to ask for some scientific explanation on the planet influence and us, humans... Please take this seriously and try to give me scientific answers, not mumbo-jumbo, although this sounds just like mumbo-jumbo.
OK, I gave it some thought. I think I can turn this thinking around and come up with a feasible explanation that might work for astrologic influences, if it was true of course. But I do not make up anything new, the dark matter plasma (aether), the subtle dark matter plasmatic body and its filaments (nadis) are very old concepts.

The solar system is permeated by a huge electric field with a center in the sun. It is also a gravity well that attracts some increased amounts of dark matter. Dark matter forms the basic pool - it seems inert, but it is actually plasma, an electrically charged substance. It reacts to the same natural forces.

Now, as the planets orbit around the sun, each stirs the basic pool of dark matter in its own way, with its own fields and gravity well. Each forms a vortex or a ring in the basic pool, with its own rotating speed. On the flywheel principle, the longer a given planet or asteroid orbits, the more intense the vortex is, the greater perturbation it is in the pool of dark matter. No matter how slow it is, there is a force that accumulates over the millions of years.

So there is a set of concentric vortexes of dark matter that produce electro-static forces between each other and the rest of the system. These forces are periodically resonating and they instill their resonance into all the dark matter in this solar system, all this is already resonating with the stellar bodies and their corresponding wake or vortex in the space.

Every mechanically separate body to hold its own electric charge is considered as a separate object of resonance with the planetary bodies. The moment of separation and direct exposure to the general environment is deciding for the starting point of separate resonance. That starting point makes the difference between the mother and the child, a mother became separate during a different configuration of forces raining down on Earth at the time.

So we are under sort of a cosmic weather, not just direct solar wind or gravity, but also inter-planetary charge buildups and releases that change with proximity and movements of planets. These impersonal forces get to us on Earth filtered through the Earth's field, but that's not all

Each of us has also a dark matter counterpart to our body, that attached by the attractive E+M forces generated by nerve system and blood stream. This dark matter double is also in a state of plasma and consists of countless filaments of electric flow - some greater than others. These filaments underlie our nerve system and various organs. They connect areas of brain with organs, resulting in certain psycho-somatic conditions. Thus they interact not only with our brain activity, but also with the cosmic influences raining down on us. Perhaps somewhere in this wiring it is written that certain kinds of cosmic stimuli would resonate with certain parts of body, brain, endocrine glands and so on.

Perhaps this is a coincidence and so the culture developed to associate Mars with action and aggressivity, its orbital frequency being keyed into the adrenal gland filaments. Then for example a person born during a time when the field of Mars was heavily pressed upon by a field of Saturn from a wrong angle, would be born with this particular filament weakened. This weakening is of course not permanent, it may be strengthtened through effort, and so we later see this person over-compensating this weakness by being extra aggressive.

And thus some short-sighted critic of astrology may come to a conclusion that astrology does not work, when a person with Saturn square Mars is aggressive instead of subdued....

Just thinking, of course - nothing serious! Wink And it's very simplified to what I'd rather think.

(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  If anyone doesn't know, I am a full-on atheist, I don't believe in any religions, nor am I superstitious.

So about a tenday ago (d&d pun intended Smile ) Egor (yes, our Egor) said he started to do natal charts and to check how much wrong he can be, I send him my real info and yesterday he send me my natal chart. It is a 7 page long PDF file, so it is quite detailed. I must say, he got it right in every aspect he talked about. It appears that Ed knows me better than my parent and my best friends, believe it or not. He was so right that, when I told my mother I got my natal chart and she asked me to show it to her, I had to told her it was too personal to share. Fuck this shit, I never believed in it, but this is very intriguing now. There are some gray areas that can be interpreted as a bit general (the way most of these "readings" work), but some of the things are just... well, just me, completely.
Congratulations!
When I did an astrology reading to a guy I never met personally, he said I was about 80 % right. For example I pinpointed out his problem with anger management, which I would never guess from his writing. I am anyway never sure how a person expresses a given astrologic influence - they can have it subdued, overcompensated, or harmoniously expressed. One can never tell from a horoscope, it is the client's job to tell.

But Egor said he has some intuitive or psychic help or something that tells him stuff. In my opinion, the mystery even deepens, because I don't believe it is possible to do a 100 % accurate horoscope over the net. Astrology isn't science. An astrologer has to cold-read the person to tailor the interpretation on him - the purpose is not to play double-blind Where's Waldo with the client, but to pinpoint the problematic areas in his life and suggest solutions.

(24-05-2013 07:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  What I am intrigued about it is the possibility that planets alignment can have some small scale of influence on our molecules and therefore on our behavior, or the tendency to lean toward certain behavior patterns, to be more precise.

If you are SO interested in my chart, I was described as intelligent, leader, strong sense of justice, good health and so on... Cool

Now, please, some input...

Big Grin
I hope you watched out for all the confirmation bias you can! Be critical, please.
That reminds me of a moment several years ago. I was at an astrologic conference and some older lady saw my chart and my 6th house (not a pretty sight). And she asked me, do I have a neurologic disorder or disease? I vehemently denied it, being aware of no such thing. Well, guess what did I find out a year ago.

Anyway, I hope I helped you. I suggested a model that puts the sun and planets into resonance with all the matter in the solar system and thus our matter is in touch with planets.
The medium suggested is dark matter plasma, reacting to electric forces and charge buildups based on distances between planets. The forces are carried by vortexes of dark matter in space. These influences should spread nearly at a light speed. Gravity may play a lesser influence, but negligible for most planets.
And so indeed it is literally a "cosmic wind" blowing in various directions as our planet moves through the internal solar systems - so it impacts our underlying plasmatic body counterpart and hence our nerve system and organs.

I must also mention, the brain - specially the more basic parts do seem to have built a primitive symbolism into it, maybe some stuff that Freud was looking into, or maybe Greek and other mythologies were built along the way of how the cerebellum associates dreams and reality. If cerebellum is connected to electric wind of planets through the plasma body counterpart, we may see astrologic symbolism popping out over and over again in the culture.

It is interesting that non-physical points in space also play a role in astrology. A passive, but powerful role. For example Moon's nodes or focal points of its eliptic orbit. They don't actively "radiate" like planets, but they act as access points in natal chart. For example, the notorious point Lilith, the dark Luna. I wonder what interplay of cosmic energy fields goes on in these geometric points.

I regret the electric and electro-static properties of human body are so ignored by the mainstream research. I'm sure they'd learn much. Scientists seem to have stopped at the level of lie detector.
Anyway, this idea of solar system-wide electric field was with me since I had read about some alternative theory. Let's say the comets don't glow and evaporate out of being too close to the sun with no atmosphere on them. Let's say they move so fast at such an angle through the solar electric field, that they induce currents around their surface that produce discharge. This electric discharge then ejects water - or perhaps they heat up like a microwave. But certainly it's not the sunlight that heats up the thing, so the theory claimed. I think here's something similar, though not quite the same:
http://www.wired.com/science/space/news/...ntPage=all
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post