Planets alignment and their influence on human behavior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Natal chart
Quote:It is interesting that non-physical points in space also play a role in astrology. A passive, but powerful role. For example Moon's nodes or focal points of its eliptic orbit. They don't actively "radiate" like planets, but they act as access points in natal chart. For example, the notorious point Lilith, the dark Luna. I wonder what interplay of cosmic energy fields goes on in these geometric points.

What nodes are you talking about? It doesn't sound like scientific terminology. Ascending and descending nodes relative to the ecliptic? Perigee and Apogee? Or perhaps the Lagrangian Points? None of those could have any conceivable import on a person's personality, and I can't think of any other scientifically described aspect of the moon's orbit that could be described as a "node".

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 11:15 PM
(24-05-2013 05:40 PM)Luminon Wrote:  OK, I gave it some thought. I think I can turn this thinking around and come up with a feasible explanation that might work for astrologic influences, if it was true of course. But I do not make up anything new, the dark matter plasma (aether), the subtle dark matter plasmatic body and its filaments (nadis) are very old concepts.

The solar system is permeated by a huge electric field with a center in the sun. It is also a gravity well that attracts some increased amounts of dark matter. Dark matter forms the basic pool - it seems inert, but it is actually plasma, an electrically charged substance. It reacts to the same natural forces.

Now, as the planets orbit around the sun, each stirs the basic pool of dark matter in its own way, with its own fields and gravity well. Each forms a vortex or a ring in the basic pool, with its own rotating speed. On the flywheel principle, the longer a given planet or asteroid orbits, the more intense the vortex is, the greater perturbation it is in the pool of dark matter. No matter how slow it is, there is a force that accumulates over the millions of years.

So there is a set of concentric vortexes of dark matter that produce electro-static forces between each other and the rest of the system. These forces are periodically resonating and they instill their resonance into all the dark matter in this solar system, all this is already resonating with the stellar bodies and their corresponding wake or vortex in the space.

Every mechanically separate body to hold its own electric charge is considered as a separate object of resonance with the planetary bodies. The moment of separation and direct exposure to the general environment is deciding for the starting point of separate resonance. That starting point makes the difference between the mother and the child, a mother became separate during a different configuration of forces raining down on Earth at the time.

So we are under sort of a cosmic weather, not just direct solar wind or gravity, but also inter-planetary charge buildups and releases that change with proximity and movements of planets. These impersonal forces get to us on Earth filtered through the Earth's field, but that's not all

Each of us has also a dark matter counterpart to our body, that attached by the attractive E+M forces generated by nerve system and blood stream. This dark matter double is also in a state of plasma and consists of countless filaments of electric flow - some greater than others. These filaments underlie our nerve system and various organs. They connect areas of brain with organs, resulting in certain psycho-somatic conditions. Thus they interact not only with our brain activity, but also with the cosmic influences raining down on us. Perhaps somewhere in this wiring it is written that certain kinds of cosmic stimuli would resonate with certain parts of body, brain, endocrine glands and so on.

Perhaps this is a coincidence and so the culture developed to associate Mars with action and aggressivity, its orbital frequency being keyed into the adrenal gland filaments. Then for example a person born during a time when the field of Mars was heavily pressed upon by a field of Saturn from a wrong angle, would be born with this particular filament weakened. This weakening is of course not permanent, it may be strengthtened through effort, and so we later see this person over-compensating this weakness by being extra aggressive.

And thus some short-sighted critic of astrology may come to a conclusion that astrology does not work, when a person with Saturn square Mars is aggressive instead of subdued....

Just thinking, of course - nothing serious! Wink And it's very simplified to what I'd rather think.

The medium suggested is dark matter plasma, reacting to electric forces and charge buildups based on distances between planets. The forces are carried by vortexes of dark matter in space. These influences should spread nearly at a light speed. Gravity may play a lesser influence, but negligible for most planets.
And so indeed it is literally a "cosmic wind" blowing in various directions as our planet moves through the internal solar systems - so it impacts our underlying plasmatic body counterpart and hence our nerve system and organs.

I must also mention, the brain - specially the more basic parts do seem to have built a primitive symbolism into it, maybe some stuff that Freud was looking into, or maybe Greek and other mythologies were built along the way of how the cerebellum associates dreams and reality. If cerebellum is connected to electric wind of planets through the plasma body counterpart, we may see astrologic symbolism popping out over and over again in the culture.

I might not know much about astrology, but I do know a bit about physics.

It's not sufficient to posit some sort of electric dark matter (?) - contradictory, since dark matter describes what we deduce only by its gravitational interaction; if it's interacting electromagnetically, it isn't dark matter, but anyway - as an explanation. There are charged particle winds produced by astronomical objects; we can and do detect and study them. That's where the aurora comes from, among many other things...

Whatever the origin, you need to explain a means by which the effects are felt. I'd assume this to be some sort of effect on the brain - but given the way the brain develops, this would have to be continuous (new neurons form for decades after birth and new connections form until you die). Or it might be an epigenetic effect (so you can get away with it being a 'switch') - sure, but then why does it happen at birth, and not at some other time? In that case, the best time to be able to influence someone's entire future development is when the stem cells first separate into the proto nervous system in the embryo (a moment which is impossible to determine). Then one must also explain the heredity of personality traits and the effects of brain damage, if there is no astrological correlation...

Regardless, there must be interaction of some sort. Predictable, repeatable interaction (if it's been so thoroughly catalogued by astrologers!). So there must be some means of interaction, which can then be isolated and tested...

The motions of the planets, however, are incredibly irregular (on a scale fine enough to be astrologically relevant). Any effect delicate enough to be measurably affected by the motion of the outer planets would be so incredibly chaotic as to be, effectively, purely random noise.

Electromagnetism operates on the same inverse-square scale as gravity. In which case... WHY are the effects of different astrological objects of comparable influence? Mercury at its closest (its aphelion with our perihelion, an astronomically unlikely arrangement) is about half an AU away. Jupiter at its closest is about 4 AU away. So, if they were giant, equally charged balls, Jupiter's effect would be 64 times weaker. Actually, it's the other way around... Jupiter is far more than 64 times as massive or as electromagnetically active as Mercury. Its influence on us is thousands of times stronger. And yet it's still thousands of times yet weaker than the far, far bigger sun or the far, far closer moon. If they are influencing us by the same mechanism, bound by the same laws, then the one will always be statistically insignificant compared to the other.

Quote:I regret the electric and electro-static properties of human body are so ignored by the mainstream research. I'm sure they'd learn much. Scientists seem to have stopped at the level of lie detector.

I know people (psychology grad students) who are studying whether they can reproduce sensations from one person (as recorded while observing some specific stimuli) in another, with a cranial electrode helmet. That is off the top of my head, and I am at a small Canadian university. There is an incredible amount of ongoing research. Lie detectors are a ninety year old joke. Have you heard of an fMRI?
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-05-2013, 11:31 PM
My husband went for a conference about fMRI, hubby said it was pretty cool. Smile
(he does CT scans now, but used to do MRI and other stuff (fluoroscopy - cardiac cath)

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

25-05-2013, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2013 07:53 AM by Luminon.)
(24-05-2013 07:30 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  What nodes are you talking about? It doesn't sound like scientific terminology. Ascending and descending nodes relative to the ecliptic? Perigee and Apogee? Or perhaps the Lagrangian Points? None of those could have any conceivable import on a person's personality, and I can't think of any other scientifically described aspect of the moon's orbit that could be described as a "node".
The nodes are points, indicating where the Moon's path around Earth crosses the ecliptic (the belt through which the Sun and planets appear to travel from our perspective on Earth). Western astrology and Vedic astrology view these points differently. I take whatever my astrological program ZET 9 shows me.
Lilith is this, less or more:
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_lilith_e.htm

Now, the question with these points is, how do they look like from the point of view of fields. How does the Earth/moon system look like as an electric field, magnetic field, solar wind pathways and especially in various geometric and gravity centers. Are these any different from the surroundings? Is the Earth's north and south magnetic pole the only thing that actually matters and everything else is homogenous? I hope not, that would be so conservative.
After all, magnetic and plasma fields do have a way of interacting with themselves in geometric patterns and form local instabilities.

(24-05-2013 11:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I might not know much about astrology, but I do know a bit about physics.

It's not sufficient to posit some sort of electric dark matter (?) - contradictory, since dark matter describes what we deduce only by its gravitational interaction; if it's interacting electromagnetically, it isn't dark matter, but anyway - as an explanation. There are charged particle winds produced by astronomical objects; we can and do detect and study them. That's where the aurora comes from, among many other things...
My study suggests that dark matter actually does react to more forces than just gravity. The problem is, all other forces are relatively short-ranged, so they can't be observed on interstellar or cluster scale through gravity lensing, hence creating the myth that dark matter reacts only to gravity. But it might actually work within a solar system.
I suggest you check out dapla.org. The dark plasma theory is an interpretation of observed phenomena and mechanics that might be linked to dark matter, but also to biology and neurology.
I'd say it's a decent compilation of phenomena for the most part (until he tries to explain everything by it!). Actually, most of matter in the universe is not solid, it's plasma. Maybe dark matter is no different.

(24-05-2013 11:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Whatever the origin, you need to explain a means by which the effects are felt. I'd assume this to be some sort of effect on the brain - but given the way the brain develops, this would have to be continuous (new neurons form for decades after birth and new connections form until you die). Or it might be an epigenetic effect (so you can get away with it being a 'switch') - sure, but then why does it happen at birth, and not at some other time? In that case, the best time to be able to influence someone's entire future development is when the stem cells first separate into the proto nervous system in the embryo (a moment which is impossible to determine). Then one must also explain the heredity of personality traits and the effects of brain damage, if there is no astrological correlation...
Astrology can't make claim to explain all of that. We'd have to go into transpersonal astrology, esotericism and ultimately the dispute for what kind of universe do we live in. We'd have to account for other planes (dimensions) of existence, the human superconsciousness that dwells in them and its various incarnations across a timeline of Earth as a person - and such a superconsciousness would indeed have a greater overview over the timeline, predictory power and would choose various times and places of incarnation to choose astrologic factors, genetic factors, family and economic conditions, to get the right experience for its development. You see that is even more far-fetched than astrology, but not entirely without merit either and many astrologers study this, they know they can't explain everything by astrology alone.

For the purpose of our discussion, I'd suggest the astrologic influences on birth are actually not that important. They decide some initial pattern of the person's subtle body. What is important how this subtle body then reacts to the global astrological events raining down on us, during the lifetime. A particular pattern might see some constellation as a serious threat, even to health, other as an opportunity. This is where astrologers must come in to interpret the patterns.

(24-05-2013 11:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Regardless, there must be interaction of some sort. Predictable, repeatable interaction (if it's been so thoroughly catalogued by astrologers!). So there must be some means of interaction, which can then be isolated and tested...
The astrologic influences are predictable. What is not predictable, is people's reaction to them. What is a crushing influence for one personality, is a great opportunity for success for another, and for yet another it is a stimulus for excessive opulence and decadence. How can anyone make a sense of that, except getting to know the person?

The most modern, reasonable interpretation of astrology says basically this. Each planet's frequency is associated with some really basic fundamental principle.
Sun - presence, self, consciousness.
Mercury - communication, activity, intellect.
Venus - value, accumulation.
Mars - action.
Luna - rhythmic change, ritual.
Jupiter - expansion, positive feedback.
Saturn - contraction, negative feedback.
Uranus - revolution, explosion.
Neptune - evolution, dissolution.
Pluto - destruction and transformation.

It's interesting that people don't react the same to all planets, There are personal planets, that make up your basic personal traits - impacting mostly younger people and mostly positively. Jupiter, Mars and all the other closer to the sun. Saturn is a semi-personal planet - one that marks a personal crisis, a test of personality. All the planets above it are transpersonal, not everyone can express their archetypes without a serious failure. For most people they are generational planets, impacting whole cultures and generations, rather than individuals. If an average Joe visits an average astrologer, he'll tell him about his job, his love life and about all the planets up to Jupiter. Then he'll tell him when to watch out for the bad Saturn and don't even leave his house at that time.

These planets are like various chess figures on the board, only the board has more dimensions - firstly, the cosmic currents of energy coming from the surrounding constellations nearest to the ecliptic, then the planets mixing it up, and then the field of Earth and angle under which these influences impact a person, and then a person's own incarnation history that decides the quality of his subtle body and how well and precisely is he able to integrate these influences into his consciousness. It is said that average people fit best on a horoscope done for geometric center of the Earth, while some really exceptional ones fit better for a display system configured on the exact place on Earth surface where they were born.

(24-05-2013 11:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Electromagnetism operates on the same inverse-square scale as gravity. In which case... WHY are the effects of different astrological objects of comparable influence? Mercury at its closest (its aphelion with our perihelion, an astronomically unlikely arrangement) is about half an AU away. Jupiter at its closest is about 4 AU away. So, if they were giant, equally charged balls, Jupiter's effect would be 64 times weaker. Actually, it's the other way around... Jupiter is far more than 64 times as massive or as electromagnetically active as Mercury. Its influence on us is thousands of times stronger. And yet it's still thousands of times yet weaker than the far, far bigger sun or the far, far closer moon. If they are influencing us by the same mechanism, bound by the same laws, then the one will always be statistically insignificant compared to the other.
This is exactly why I postulated the hypothesis of flywheel vortexes in the dark matter pool of space, that generate the astrologic forces secondarily. Firstly, a planet is not effective primarily by its parameters, but how long history of orbiting it has in our solar system, how much force it accumulated in a vortex of its given frequency of orbit. Then even an asteroid like Chiron may have an influence. However, every planet's frequency is ruling in its own area that it has associated in our nerve system - in that area even a small asteroid can be stronger than Jupiter or the sun, like a radio can tune on a specific frequency.

Such a vortex then produces waves around itself, as if you stir water in a pond with a stick. If more planets do the same, their frequencies of waves are different and they combine, without necessarily cancelling each other out (which of course happens sometimes). The resulting wave dynamics of the space is what we could call "cosmic weather" here on Earth. And it may matter whether a person on Earth is located directly to a planet overhead, or oppositely, Earth shading the planet, or if the planet is in the sunrise or sunset point...

Astrology is very much about angles. It is like the planets would radiate waves around in some etheric medium, but these waves produce different interference patterns based on which angle do they impact each other, or if the planets are closing in to each other or getting away - yes, astrology recognizes Doppler effect.
Maybe astrology is best understood with fluid dynamics, accoustics, plasma field dynamics and so on.

(24-05-2013 11:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I know people (psychology grad students) who are studying whether they can reproduce sensations from one person (as recorded while observing some specific stimuli) in another, with a cranial electrode helmet. That is off the top of my head, and I am at a small Canadian university. There is an incredible amount of ongoing research. Lie detectors are a ninety year old joke. Have you heard of an fMRI?
Yes I have and I'd love to undergo a test. I'd love to try even that other brain imaging thingy, cooled with helium. But it's so expensive that not even every European country can afford one. Reputedly they're about to discover one that can do with liquid nitrogen cooling, that would be much cheaper.

I actually explore this theory of dark matter plasma body, because I am physically aware of it. I live my life with strange sensations that match nothing else but the esoteric body charts. And I'd say every planet has a similar "body" of the same substance, so does the solar system and maybe galaxy and that there is some exchange of natural forces between these. I am pretty sure that at least my neurologic awareness of these might be measurable. However, if I get really fired up in meditation, some brain imaging devices might theoretically measure energy even from that.
25-05-2013, 09:00 AM
(25-05-2013 05:17 AM)Luminon Wrote:  My study suggests that dark matter actually does react to more forces than just gravity. The problem is, all other forces are relatively short-ranged, so they can't be observed on interstellar or cluster scale through gravity lensing, hence creating the myth that dark matter reacts only to gravity. But it might actually work within a solar system.
I suggest you check out dapla.org. The dark plasma theory is an interpretation of observed phenomena and mechanics that might be linked to dark matter, but also to biology and neurology.
I'd say it's a decent compilation of phenomena for the most part (until he tries to explain everything by it!). Actually, most of matter in the universe is not solid, it's plasma. Maybe dark matter is no different.

If it experienced any electromagnetic interaction, it would absorb or emit photons (by definition, the mediators of electromagnetism). Therefore it would be visible. Dark matter is the term we use for something we don't understand - the universe behaves as if there were more mass than is observable. That doesn't mean it can be anything we don't understand.

By definition there can't be much, if any, in our own solar system. We can predict the motion of the objects in our solar system extremely accurately by modelling only the observable masses (the sun, planets, and debris). There is no unknown gravitationally interacting matter in our solar system.

Or if there is, then it is in extremely tiny amounts, and whatever other interaction it might cause would be statistically insignificant compared to what we do know about.

Quote:Astrology can't make claim to explain all of that. We'd have to go into transpersonal astrology, esotericism and ultimately the dispute for what kind of universe do we live in. We'd have to account for other planes (dimensions) of existence, the human superconsciousness that dwells in them and its various incarnations across a timeline of Earth as a person - and such a superconsciousness would indeed have a greater overview over the timeline, predictory power and would choose various times and places of incarnation to choose astrologic factors, genetic factors, family and economic conditions, to get the right experience for its development. You see that is even more far-fetched than astrology, but not entirely without merit either and many astrologers study this, they know they can't explain everything by astrology alone.

A self-influencing extradimensional superconsciousness isn't a theory, it's just a bunch of words you've put together to ignore the limits of physical, observable reality.

Quote:For the purpose of our discussion, I'd suggest the astrologic influences on birth are actually not that important. They decide some initial pattern of the person's subtle body. What is important how this subtle body then reacts to the global astrological events raining down on us, during the lifetime. A particular pattern might see some constellation as a serious threat, even to health, other as an opportunity. This is where astrologers must come in to interpret the patterns.
If influences on birth aren't important then why care about a natal chart?

That still leaves the problem of why different people react differently (different 'initial patterns', I suppose, but there must be a mechanism for differentiation). As you note, we are all exposed to the same cosmic events equally.

To effect people's thoughts and behaviour, there must be some effect on the brain (something which would affect the electrical activity within it). Does it initiate signals in neurons? Does it inhibit them? Does it stimulate or inhibit the the hormone and neurotransmitter production centres?

If so then there's necessarily a reproducible electrochemical effect. Is the brain of a corpse affected? Is an isolated piece of brain matter? Is an isolated neuron? Are free neurotransmitters affected? All of that would be testable.

Quote:The most modern, reasonable interpretation of astrology says basically this. Each planet's frequency is associated with some really basic fundamental principle.
Sun - presence, self, consciousness.
Mercury - communication, activity.
Venus - value, accumulation.
Mars - action.
Luna - rhythmic change, ritual.
Jupiter - expansion, positive feedback.
Saturn - contraction, negative feedback.
Uranus - revolution, explosion.
Neptune - evolution, dissolution.
Pluto - destruction and transformation.
Pluto isn't a planet. If it is astrologically relevant nonetheless, one must explain why Haumea, Makemake, and the rest of the Kuiper belt objects aren't.

If distance is not a factor, then why limit it to the solar system (there are many extrasolar planets)? Why limit it to major planets? Several moons are larger than our moon (Titan and the Galilean moons of Jupiter). What is their effect? If, indeed, Pluto can affect us, then there are hundreds of other objects, of comparable size, which are much, much closer. What is their effect?

Natural forces obey natural laws. Everything we know of operates proportionally to distance.

Quote:These are like various chess figures on the board, only the board has more dimensions - firstly, the cosmic currents of energy coming from the surrounding constellations nearest to the ecliptic, then the planets mixing it up, and then the field of Earth and angle under which these influences impact a person, and then a person's own incarnation history that decides the quality of his subtle body and how well and precisely is he able to integrate these influences into his consciousness. It is said that average people fit best on a horoscope done for geometric center of the Earth, while some really exceptional ones fit better for a display system configured on the exact place on Earth surface where they were born.
Define the geometric centre of the Earth. Is it the centre of mass? The midpoint of the rotational axis? The point equidistant from the surface? The relative position of astronomical objects due to motion on the Earth's surface is (I'm getting tired of saying this) statistically insignificant.

If there's any extrasolar influence it would have nothing to do with the ecliptic (which the planets also deviate from by several degrees). The central galactic plane (surely the greatest source of extrasolar anything, in our galaxy) is at quite an angle to it (just look at the sky if you need proof of that!). Any effect from stars off the galactic plane (such as, those in most constellations - which, you should know, are just made up things; their component stars have no relation to each other) would be dwarfed by the effect of the main body of the milky way itself.

Quote:This is exactly why I postulated the hypothesis of flywheel vortexes in the dark matter pool of space, that generate the astrologic forces secondarily. Firstly, a planet is not effective primarily by its parameters, but how long history of orbiting it has in our solar system, how much force it accumulated in a vortex of its given frequency of orbit. Then even an asteroid like Chiron may have an influence. However, every planet's frequency is ruling in its own area that it has associated in our nerve system - in that area even a small asteroid can be stronger than Jupiter or the sun, like a radio can tune on a specific frequency.
There's no way to reduce astronomical objects to a single frequency (orbit? rotation? one of the many, many oscillations and perturbations within that they undergo? cycles relative to earth?).

Waves are defined by frequency and amplitude. Even if we allow, for the sake of argument, a unique frequency for each astrological object, that still leaves the problem of how their effects might be of comparable strength - if you try to tune a radio too far from a source you get static (effectively random white noise). It still leaves the problem of the nervous system can be variably tuned...

Quote:Such a vortex then produces waves around itself, as if you stir water in a pond with a stick. If more planets do the same, their frequencies of waves are different and they combine, without necessarily cancelling each other out (which of course happens sometimes). The resulting wave dynamics of the space is what we could call "cosmic weather" here on Earth. And it may matter whether a person on Earth is located directly to a planet overhead, or oppositely, Earth shading the planet, or if the planet is in the sunrise or sunset point...

Astrology is very much about angles. It is like the planets would radiate waves around in some etheric medium, but these waves produce different interference patterns based on which angle do they impact each other, or if the planets are closing in to each other or getting away - yes, astrology recognizes Doppler effect.
Maybe astrology is best understood with fluid dynamics, accoustics, plasma field dynamics and so on.
With that many wave sources, one of two thing would happen. Either the more powerful sources would completely dominate (as, indeed happens in the real world with real solar winds), or, for sources of comparable strength, it would rapidly become a very noisy, chaotic system (by definition completely unpredictable).

The thing is, you have a conclusion about the way things work, and you're trying to find explanations that would account for it. That's not science (and it's not working).
25-05-2013, 10:28 AM
(25-05-2013 05:17 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 07:30 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  What nodes are you talking about? It doesn't sound like scientific terminology. Ascending and descending nodes relative to the ecliptic? Perigee and Apogee? Or perhaps the Lagrangian Points? None of those could have any conceivable import on a person's personality, and I can't think of any other scientifically described aspect of the moon's orbit that could be described as a "node".
The nodes are points, indicating where the Moon's path around Earth crosses the ecliptic (the belt through which the Sun and planets appear to travel from our perspective on Earth). Western astrology and Vedic astrology view these points differently. I take whatever my astrological program ZET 9 shows me.
Lilith is this, less or more:
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_lilith_e.htm

Now, the question with these points is, how do they look like from the point of view of fields. How does the Earth/moon system look like as an electric field, magnetic field, solar wind pathways and especially in various geometric and gravity centers. Are these any different from the surroundings? Is the Earth's north and south magnetic pole the only thing that actually matters and everything else is homogenous? I hope not, that would be so conservative.
After all, magnetic and plasma fields do have a way of interacting with themselves in geometric patterns and form local instabilities.

The moon is magnetically dead. Without a molten iron core, it has no magnetic field. It has some ferrous material; but the interaction between that and the earth's magnetic field is so week, it's on the close order of magnitude as a fridge magnet down the street.

The only significant thing about the ascending and descending nodes is that solar eclipses can only occur when the moon is near those points. That's because they're the only time the moon is on the same plane as the earth and sun. There's nothing really important going on, gravitationally speaking.

The empty focal point of an orbit has no significance. It's a mathematical abstraction. And the moon, having an eccentricity of 0.054, is nearly circular; the other focal point may actually be inside or just above the earth.

The moon's apogee is simply the point where it's farthest from the earth. Perigee is where it's closest. The moon having a fairly circular orbit, the difference in distance is not very significant. It makes a slight difference in tides; but not much.

There is no plasma field or magnetic interaction between the earth and sun, per se. The earth does interact with the solar wind. The moon can alter the inflow of solar wind to the earth, by physically blocking some of it; but being millions of kilometers away the gap is usually mostly closed by the time the wind reaches the earth, and its effects are miniscule. The sun's solar wind changes over time in both cyclical and random ways; but these are totally unrelated to the orbital characteristics of any planet.

The most important thing to remember is that cosmological forces work on scales of tens or thousands or millions of kilometers. To affect a single person, they need to work on the scale of centimeters or smaller; in reality they end up affecting all particles in the person's body equally.

It's the difference in affect between the gravity that pulls you down equally all over your body; and being shot, which specifically affects one part of your body but not the rest. It's the *change* in force, the difference, across an object, not the total force involved, that could conceivably cause effects.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
25-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I think the question of "why it works" is of little importance until it has been established "whether it works". I predict that a careful examination with an understanding of cold reading techniques etc will result in no evidence that this process has produced more hits than a comparable analysis done with false data. Cold reading is based on saying things that sound very specific but are actually applicable to almost everyone, and that (along potentially with personal knowledge and shared history) is what I suggest is the most likely cause for the apparent high number of hits in this chart.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-05-2013, 03:20 PM
WTAF???
This is woo. It is unbelievable that this thread remains in the Science forum.

Seriously, this is really fucked up - you Mods should be embarrassed. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Chas he has asked for the scientific explanation behind it, he isn't pushing it as true so it fits here. If you dont like it the solution is simple. You dont have to read it. Wasnt difficult was it Drinking Beverage

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
25-05-2013, 04:01 PM
No scientific explanation has been presented here. For the explanation to be scientific, it must make falsifiable predictions and these predictions should be undergoing some form of active verification. Until then, Chas is right in calling it woo. Moreover astrology is a well studied field (scientifically) and there is no evidence at hand that suggests we might draw different conclusions in regards to Egor than those previous assessments have come to. Those previous assessments have concluded that the predictions made by astrologers are false (or no better than assessments based on random astrological input), and there is no reason to think Egor's assessments are any different.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post