Planets alignment and their influence on human behavior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: Natal chart
(26-05-2013 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Gosh Bucky...when you say 'do the math', I get faint.

Find something fun to do with it, like probabilities in poker, or gaming.
Math is fun. I used to hate it. Then I found a reason to use it. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2013, 08:34 PM

(24-05-2013 08:34 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Personally I suspect that any specific claims about you that could not be generalized were most likely made by doing PI work, rather than mystically calculating based on the movements of the planets. Anyone can look up your email address and find your accounts on other websites and read your posts and info there. Plus Ego already has a good picture of your personality from your postings here. We already know he's a lying cunt, seems reasonable to stick with known facts like that rather than postulate new physics based on a single "natal" reading.

You have got to be kidding. If you think I research you guys...well, I really don't know how to put it without being rude, but I don't spend even a second reading old posts or trying to figure out who you are.

(24-05-2013 08:37 AM)Filox Wrote:  True, true, he did know all sorts of things about from this forum. That is why I would like to try this with someone he never met and I already have a candidate, the question is will he do it...

I couldn't tell you what the last post I read said or who wrote it. I don't know anyone on this forum whom I don't have as an online friend outside of this forum. In other words, if we e-mail each other or have PM conversations, then I might make some connection. Otherwise, I couldn't tell you one biographical detail about Chas, Bucky Ball or Bemore, et al.

Once I do a chart on someone, of course, I know a great deal about them. That forms the foundation a client develops with his or her astrologer and serves them better when they do other astrological work.

(24-05-2013 08:40 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  From name you can get Facebook, Linkedin, and Google+ accounts. From those you can get email. From email you can get common usernames they use. From those you can find what websites they visit. From those you can glean their personality. It's really rather simple.

It sounds like a lot of work to me--especially when I'm doing charts for free. I get the "wow" response all the time, why would I waste my time tracking down details to fake it?

(24-05-2013 09:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  But what if a person has no computer?

Evil_monster

(24-05-2013 09:17 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That could do it. Wink

Phaedrus. I don't know you from Adam. You could go through my website. Just put in the real info, and you'll see for yourself. I wouldn't even know it was you if you use a pseudonym. But just remember, if you put in your information and you think you can trick me by putting in false info, all you're going to get is a false chart.

I'm not sure there's even anything psychic about an astrological chart. All I do is draw the chart and interpret it. Personally, I think there's more psychic stuff in the dream interpretations I do.

So, why does astrology work? I don't know. I have a theory that the Divine has set the physical universe in motion and it is following a limited amount of types of fate, and when we are born, we are incarnated in a specific place at a specific time, so that we can use the stars and planets to read what fatalistic forces are acting on us.

Personally, I don't think that's as "wooey" as the stuff we see going on in quantum mechanics. The double-slit experiment is downright paranormal in my opinion. That there are a limited number of "fates" we can experience and those are tied to the place and time of our birth is not as weired as the double-slit experiment--in my opinion.

I think this is why astrology has a love/hate relationship with other religions. It's not really "spiritual" but it's kind of spiritual, maybe. Not enough to be satanic, but definitely not perscribed in the Bible--that sort of thing. But atheists can't handle it.

They can't handle it, because it requires the universe to be something other than strictly material and chaotic in nature. And atheists must have the universe be that way--or else they have to work on the purpose and meaning of their life, and they do not want to do that, no matter what.

As for whether or not this is science, I have this to say: Astronomy has only two functions: tell us where the planets and constellations are (for navigation and astrology), and tell us if an object is going to hit the earth in time for us to stop it. Those are the only reasons it even exists as a science. The only reason times are put on birth certificates is to facilitate astrology. Astrology has been around for thousands of years.

So...
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2013, 08:55 PM
(26-05-2013 05:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Gosh Bucky...when you say 'do the math', I get faint.

Find something fun to do with it, like probabilities in poker, or gaming.
Math is fun. I used to hate it. Then I found a reason to use it. Tongue

Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-05-2013, 03:41 AM
(26-05-2013 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 08:02 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The gravitational influence of the planet Jupiter on your body, is less than the gravitational influence of a semitrailer down the block. It is completely lost in the background noise of everyday life. The other planets have even less effect. And gravity works on all particles in your body equally; if Jupiter causes one particle to move by a tenth of a femtometer, then every other particle in your body will be affected a proportional amount. Any astrological woo that tries to use the gravitational influence of planets as an excuse for anything is so full of shit it probably goes "squelch" when it walks.

A few weeks ago, I posted the formula for the gravitational influence of one mass on another. As you say, the mass of a truck driving by, would have more influence on you than Jupiter, as the formula is proportional to 1/radius of the distance, squared. That's one, divided by the radius of the distance, squared.

The mass of a truck divided by a few meters is about 800 kg/(10m)^2.
The closest Jupiter ever is, is 628 million killometers. It weighs 1.8986×1027 kg.

The formula for the attraction of one mass upon another is :
F = (G x m1 x m2)/r^2
G = 6.673×10-11 N m2 kg-2

Do the math.
Proportionally the truck exerts a force of 8,
vs a force of
1.949 x 10^3 kg / 6.28 x 10^10.
1000 divided by 10 billion.
Effectively zero.
The truck going by on the street exerts a far far far greater force than the most massive planet.

As you can easily see, astrology is complete and utter bunk.
Bullshit. Pure and simple 100 % crap.
Why not look for reasonable explanations .. like seasonal effects on hormone balance, or something rational ?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fea...-life.html

The OP did not ask about gravity. He asked about 'alignments'. You are off-topic, sir.

Let's please stick to the scientific alignment theory.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 05:22 AM
You know what Chas, I will delete this thread, because all you can say is blahblahblah... Why the fuck do you feel the need to spam everything? I wanted this in Science because I wanted to explore the scientific possibility of something here. Also, I wanted to make a bit of fun. But nooooo, I can not, it bothers Chas...

Just delete the thread or move or whatever, I will not ask new things anymore.

Luminon, thanx for the posts.

Phaedrus, thanx, it is good to hear someone who knows what they are talking about. Confirm or debunk, the scientific facts are important, the result will come up on it's own. I wanted someone like you to say something. Not to comment like Chas did.

Now, just delete this thread, so that Chas can be peaceful once more.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-05-2013, 05:25 AM
(27-05-2013 05:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  You know what Chas, I will delete this thread, because all you can say is blahblahblah... Why the fuck do you feel the need to spam everything? I wanted this in Science because I wanted to explore the scientific possibility of something here. Also, I wanted to make a bit of fun. But nooooo, I can not, it bothers Chas...

Just delete the thread or move or whatever, I will not ask new things anymore.

Luminon, thanx for the posts.

Phaedrus, thanx, it is good to hear someone who knows what they are talking about. Confirm or debunk, the scientific facts are important, the result will come up on it's own. I wanted someone like you to say something. Not to comment like Chas did.

Now, just delete this thread, so that Chas can be peaceful once more.

It isn't science and you didn't ask a scientific question.

I have no wish to annoy you, I'm sorry you feel that way.

27-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Oh?

Quote:Well, maybe, what I want with this thread is to ask for some scientific explanation on the planet influence and us, humans...

Maybe it wasn't' scientific enough, because I don't have PhD in science, so I use wrong terminology?

Or maybe if something is debunked it means it should never ever be presented or asked about in a scientific sense?

We can try to explain something in a scientific way, then come to the conclusion it is not true, it is not science. That does not make it un-scientific, that means I did not know a lot about the subject, so I asked about it and I asked about a specific part of the theory. I asked these nice people could there be something scientific there. They said it can not and they gave me their reasons. I accepted those explanations.

This is what someone who want to learn and explore does, asks, reads and then gets the info on it.

You, on the other hand, are just trolling, spamming and annoying me on purpose.

I am one of those Mods you keep mentioning and I've put this here with the explanation in the first sentence to why I've put this here.

Do you mind?

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-05-2013, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 05:52 AM by Chas.)
(27-05-2013 05:41 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh?

Quote:Well, maybe, what I want with this thread is to ask for some scientific explanation on the planet influence and us, humans...

Maybe it wasn't' scientific enough, because I don't have PhD in science, so I use wrong terminology?

Or maybe if something is debunked it means it should never ever be presented or asked about in a scientific sense?

We can try to explain something in a scientific way, then come to the conclusion it is not true, it is not science. That does not make it un-scientific, that means I did not know a lot about the subject, so I asked about it and I asked about a specific part of the theory. I asked these nice people could there be something scientific there. They said it can not and they gave me their reasons. I accepted those explanations.

This is what someone who want to learn and explore does, asks, reads and then gets the info on it.

You, on the other hand, are just trolling, spamming and annoying me on purpose.

I am one of those Mods you keep mentioning and I've put this here with the explanation in the first sentence to why I've put this here.

Do you mind?

Yes, I mind. This is not science and it does not belong in this forum.

Just move the thread to the pseudoscience forum.

27-05-2013, 05:54 AM
I will not. Just to piss you off. How about that now?

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-05-2013, 05:55 AM
(27-05-2013 05:54 AM)Filox Wrote:  I will not. Just to piss you off. How about that now?

That's the reaction that Scottie seems to have - I expected better from you.