Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!
(08-08-2015 07:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 07:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Sure,

but read the transcripts. It is clear Planned Parent Hood was trying to frame their business practice a certain way but it was obvious they wanted to maximize revenue. The were looking for that win-win. That is why they would have discussions about what organs are in demand and plan abortive procedures to meet that demand.

In the transcripts they even admit its all about framing:

http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/..._final.pdf

There is nothing about revenue in there, let alone maximizing revenue. You just make shit up, BlowJob.

There is stuff about getting the organs if they pay the fee and provide non monetary services. Or if they agree to pay the fee and buy all the organs. So yes these were organs were going to essentially the highest bidder.

Also it is clear this woman was asking the stooges doing the recording if they had any ideas on how they could frame this in a way that allowed them to grow this part of the business.

Last, they talk about collecting for adminstrative fees, like paying the clerk or admin for his/her time. Well he/she would have been paid anyways whether or not anyone bought the organs. Do you really think Planned Parenthood hired people specifically to sell organs? No they used their existing already in place staff and now they found a revenue stream they could say is just used to "recoup their costs" but most if not all of those costs would have existed anyways. They get to say they are just covering their cost but grow their bottom line.

Its all about framing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Are you really dense enough to think that women will seek more abortions because PP is going to make money off it?

The decision to have an abortion is often a gut-wrenching one and not something that is done on a whim. At the very least, if the decision is made that an abortion is the best solution then the fact that there may be some medical benefit for someone else, or everyone else, would perhaps take some of the very real emotional pain away...not unlike the decision to donate organs upon death.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-08-2015, 08:23 PM
(08-08-2015 08:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you really dense enough to think that women will seek more abortions because PP is going to make money off it?

The decision to have an abortion is often a gut-wrenching one and not something that is done on a whim. At the very least, if the decision is made that an abortion is the best solution then the fact that there may be some medical benefit for someone else, or everyone else, would perhaps take some of the very real emotional pain away...not unlike the decision to donate organs upon death.

I think Planned Parenthood would like to see women compensated for their donated tissue in the same way people are compensated for donating their plasma.

That is just pure speculation on my part though. They don't say it directly but if you read the transcripts they are looking for a win for everyone.

However, the statement, "Planned Parenthood is making money off selling the body parts of aborted babies" is true based off the transcripts. But it is obvious they are going to lengths to obscure that fact(by counting cost they would have incurred otherwise and such). Remember its all about framing.

Oh.....I forgive you for suggesting that I am dense.
08-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Care to research how much extra effort and cost is involved, for the administrators and workers, in packaging living tissue for transport, as opposed to simply disposing of medical waste? Especially if it's currently being done in very small amounts and they're talking about expanding to several delivery-destinations in larger volume... if we were talking about another small operation of similar size to a Planned Parenthood clinic (say, a restaurant) that was currently only donating one or two items a day to a nearby homeless shelter but wanted to expand their deliveries to all the ones in that state, it would be perfectly reasonable to talk about an effort to recoup the cost of that expanded operation and the time/effort it takes for the workers to handle these extra tasks. Except PP cannot write off the donations from their taxes to recoup the costs; they must charge a fee.

Planned Parenthood are not seeking to "grow their bottom line", but to expand the number of organizations which would benefit from such donations, on behalf of medical research. Many of their customers "like" having that option, so they can feel they are doing something good in a horrible situation-- keep in mind that fetuses are the best source of stem cells for research that will benefit all mandkind, and that the Bush administration made a huge stink about using them for that purpose, not too long ago-- so framing and recouping of the additional effort/cost would be a necessary thing about which to concern themselves.

It is SPIN to suggest there's some nefarious motive to what is pretty clearly a straightforward attempt to turn their current volume of biomedical waste into lifesaving research-components.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-08-2015, 08:31 PM
(08-08-2015 08:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 07:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is nothing about revenue in there, let alone maximizing revenue. You just make shit up, BlowJob.

There is stuff about getting the organs if they pay the fee and provide non monetary services. Or if they agree to pay the fee and buy all the organs. So yes these were organs were going to essentially the highest bidder.

Also it is clear this woman was asking the stooges doing the recording if they had any ideas on how they could frame this in a way that allowed them to grow this part of the business.

Last, they talk about collecting for adminstrative fees, like paying the clerk or admin for his/her time. Well he/she would have been paid anyways whether or not anyone bought the organs. Do you really think Planned Parenthood hired people specifically to sell organs? No they used their existing already in place staff and now they found a revenue stream they could say is just used to "recoup their costs" but most if not all of those costs would have existed anyways. They get to say they are just covering their cost but grow their bottom line.

Its all about framing.

You know any of that - how? You are guessing and making questionable assumptions.

What existing staff is qualified to collect, store, and ship fetal parts?
How many can the existing staff handle per week?
What is the existing storage capacity at each facility?
What is the cost of packaging and shipping for tissue?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 08:34 PM
(08-08-2015 08:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Care to research how much extra effort and cost is involved, for the administrators and workers, in packaging living tissue for transport, as opposed to simply disposing of medical waste? Especially if it's currently being done in very small amounts and they're talking about expanding to several delivery-destinations in larger volume... if we were talking about another small operation of similar size to a Planned Parenthood clinic (say, a restaurant) that was currently only donating one or two items a day to a nearby homeless shelter but wanted to expand their deliveries to all the ones in that state, it would be perfectly reasonable to talk about an effort to recoup the cost of that expanded operation and the time/effort it takes for the workers to handle these extra tasks. Except PP cannot write off the donations from their taxes to recoup the costs; they must charge a fee.

Planned Parenthood are not seeking to "grow their bottom line", but to expand the number of organizations which would benefit from such donations, on behalf of medical research. Many of their customers "like" having that option, so they can feel they are doing something good in a horrible situation-- keep in mind that fetuses are the best source of stem cells for research that will benefit all mandkind, and that the Bush administration made a huge stink about using them for that purpose, not too long ago-- so framing and recouping of the additional effort/cost would be a necessary thing about which to concern themselves.

It is SPIN to suggest there's some nefarious motive to what is pretty clearly a straightforward attempt to turn their current volume of biomedical waste into lifesaving research-components.

Suppose I own a restaurant. Someone calls me up and says they would like to know how much I charge for my waste cooking oil. I tell them, "Hey, I'm not out to make a profit selling cooking oil. I'll just charge you $10 bucks cause I gotta pay the guy to open the back door fo you."

Well guess what. That restaurant profits just went up by $10.

Yeah planned parenthood has to do a little work to sell these organs. Like huddle up in the morning and plan out abortive procedures based on product demand. But they would have had those cost anyways because those people are already on the payroll. This is just a way to make money and say your trying to recoup cost. Remember as Planned Parenthood says.....its all about framing bitches....its about framing.
08-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(08-08-2015 08:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Oh.....I forgive you for suggesting that I am dense.

Do you think I give a flying fuck about forgiveness from the likes of you? If you do, you are more delusional than I originally thought.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-08-2015, 08:49 PM
That's not even close to a legitimate, equal comparison!

If, in that example, you had to pull one of your busy cooks off the grill in order to collect the grease in special transport containers, open the door when the pickup arrives, and help load the truck, then yes, it might be comparable... and would definitely be worth $30 in fees to compensate for what you lost in terms of that worker's productivity, etc.

Again I say: look up what it takes to package and transport live organs/tissue, so you have some idea what we're talking about.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
08-08-2015, 08:53 PM
(08-08-2015 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 08:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Care to research how much extra effort and cost is involved, for the administrators and workers, in packaging living tissue for transport, as opposed to simply disposing of medical waste? Especially if it's currently being done in very small amounts and they're talking about expanding to several delivery-destinations in larger volume... if we were talking about another small operation of similar size to a Planned Parenthood clinic (say, a restaurant) that was currently only donating one or two items a day to a nearby homeless shelter but wanted to expand their deliveries to all the ones in that state, it would be perfectly reasonable to talk about an effort to recoup the cost of that expanded operation and the time/effort it takes for the workers to handle these extra tasks. Except PP cannot write off the donations from their taxes to recoup the costs; they must charge a fee.

Suppose I own a restaurant. Someone calls me up and says they would like to know how much I charge for my waste cooking oil. I tell them, "Hey, I'm not out to make a profit selling cooking oil. I'll just charge you $10 bucks cause I gotta pay the guy to open the back door fo you."

Yeah planned parenthood has to do a little work to sell these organs. Like huddle up in the morning and plan out abortive procedures based on product demand. But they would have had those cost anyways because those people are already on the payroll. This is just a way to make money and say your trying to recoup cost. Remember as Planned Parenthood says.....its all about framing bitches....its about framing.

You are a fucking idiot. There is a hell of a lot more involved than your ignorant example of oil in a restaurant. Various types of tissue need to be stored under strict conditions, which require tech staff to perform and sign off.

Oh, and don't forgive me you ignorant fool.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-08-2015, 09:09 PM
(08-08-2015 08:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Suppose I own a restaurant. Someone calls me up and says they would like to know how much I charge for my waste cooking oil. I tell them, "Hey, I'm not out to make a profit selling cooking oil. I'll just charge you $10 bucks cause I gotta pay the guy to open the back door fo you."

You are a fucking idiot. There is a hell of a lot more involved than your ignorant example of oil in a restaurant. Various types of tissue need to be stored under strict conditions, which require tech staff to perform and sign off.

Oh, and don't forgive me you ignorant fool.

I forgive you for calling me a fucking idiot and giving ThinkingAtheists a bad name.