Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!
"The conservatives love the unborn. If you're "pre-born" you're good - if you're pre-school, you're fucked."

George Carlin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-08-2015, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 12:48 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(04-08-2015 06:00 AM)BnW Wrote:  You're right; recovering costs is not generating revenue. The only people who claim is is are disingenuous liars with an agenda. Their claim is they are recovering the costs of transport. Recovering your costs what you are doing in no way creates any kind of incentive to do it.

And, again, please note that the people who are screaming that is not what they are doing don't seem to be interested in any actual evidence. There are ways to validate (or invalidate, as the case may be) PP's version of the story. That no one is asking for that is pretty much an indictment of the motivations behind this farce.

Revenue is income derived by selling goods and services.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/defini...venue.html

Pretending Planned Parenthood isn't generating revenue by selling fetal parts is just being obtuse. If ISIS started selllng the body parts of the gays it executes to researchers would you try to down play it by claiming they are just tying to recover their costs?
04-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Fuck religion, fuck morality. Just audit their accounts.

Is that being done? If not, why not?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
04-08-2015, 01:38 PM
(04-08-2015 01:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  Fuck religion, fuck morality. Just audit their accounts.

Is that being done? If not, why not?

You gotta give em time to cook the books before you audit them.
04-08-2015, 04:07 PM
(04-08-2015 04:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If Planned Parenthood is generating revenue off selling fetal body parts, that creates an incentive for them to encourage women to get an abortion instead of say encouraging women to give their babies up for adoption.

From a strictly business standpoint, it would be to their advantage to encourage women to have abortion if selling the body parts covered all their variable costs of providing that abortion. Covering your variable cost is kinda a big thing in operating a business.

I haven't seen the videos but from some stuff I read, it sounds like planned parenthood was trying to maximize revenues obtained by selling the human body parts. If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find out they were also encouraging women to have abortions.
Seems like it might be a great source of income for some women who lack other means to make an income.

I'm all for it.

But of course they would have to compete with all the "normal" abortions which you'd think would mean there would be an over supply, so a career abortion woman would probably not make much money.
Would be a hell of a way to make money, given all the morning sickness and other potential complications.
04-08-2015, 04:13 PM
(04-08-2015 12:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 06:00 AM)BnW Wrote:  You're right; recovering costs is not generating revenue. The only people who claim is is are disingenuous liars with an agenda. Their claim is they are recovering the costs of transport. Recovering your costs what you are doing in no way creates any kind of incentive to do it.

And, again, please note that the people who are screaming that is not what they are doing don't seem to be interested in any actual evidence. There are ways to validate (or invalidate, as the case may be) PP's version of the story. That no one is asking for that is pretty much an indictment of the motivations behind this farce.

Revenue is income derived by selling goods and services.

Pretending Planned Parenthood isn't generating revenue by selling fetal parts is just being obtuse. If ISIS started selllng the body parts of the gays it executes to researchers would you try to down play it by claiming they are just tying to recover their costs?

Let's say 17 year old Mary has been raped by an uncle and ends up pregnant. She decides (of her own accord) to have an abortion. She chooses to have it done at planned parenthood. They perform the procedure, and are now in possession of fetal tissue.

Big Research Hospital calls up planned parenthood and says "gee, we could really use that tissue to study and advance medicine for the improvement of our medical system and society, could we have those please?"

Planned parenthood says "sure, I don't see why not. They were going to go in the trash, why not make good use of them? But oh darn, it's going to cost us like $150 bucks in processing and shipping fees, will you cover that cost?" Big Research Hospital agrees.

Throw fetal tissue in the trash -no profit.

Ship fetal tissue for research and have those shipping fees reimbursed - no profit

What am I missing here??? Huh This seems like basic math...

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
04-08-2015, 04:14 PM
In a related note: Elizabeth Warren slams GOP for their efforts to defund Planned Parenthood
Clap

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
04-08-2015, 04:18 PM
(04-08-2015 04:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 12:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Revenue is income derived by selling goods and services.

Let's say 17 year old Mary has been raped by an uncle and ends up pregnant. She decides (of her own accord) to have an abortion. She chooses to have it done at planned parenthood. They perform the procedure, and are now in possession of fetal tissue.

Big Research Hospital calls up planned parenthood and says "gee, we could really use that tissue to study and advance medicine for the improvement of our medical system and society, could we have those please?"

Planned parenthood says "sure, I don't see why not. They were going to go in the trash, why not make good use of them? But oh darn, it's going to cost us like $150 bucks in processing and shipping fees, will you cover that cost?" Big Research Hospital agrees.

Ship fetal tissue for research and have those shipping fees reimbursed - no profit

I think that what's missing is the nutcases who think abortions are being done for the sole purpose of harvesting tissue...not the scenario you described.

The anti-abortion crew is going to use anything they can to rile up people's emotions so they can try to get their way with banning abortions.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-08-2015, 04:22 PM
(04-08-2015 04:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 04:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Let's say 17 year old Mary has been raped by an uncle and ends up pregnant. She decides (of her own accord) to have an abortion. She chooses to have it done at planned parenthood. They perform the procedure, and are now in possession of fetal tissue.

I think that what's missing is the nutcases who think abortions are being done for the sole purpose of harvesting tissue...not the scenario you described.

The anti-abortion crew is going to use anything they can to rile up people's emotions so they can try to get their way with banning abortions.

Facepalm seriously??? Yes, because women everywhere are being encouraged and coerced into havin abortions... Dodgy FFS!

Just because someone is pro-choice doesn't mean it becomes a decision that is made lightly by women, or that it's something we WANT to happen. It's just a necessity.

Perhaps if the religious right would actually allow things like.... I don't know... EASIER ACCESS TO CONTRACEPTION AND FACTUALLY BASED SEX ED.... They'd have fewer of those pesky abortions happening that they hate so much.

Sorry, I get a little heated about this issue, none of that anger was directed toward you, Anj Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
04-08-2015, 04:23 PM
(04-08-2015 04:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 02:54 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why would this be a problem if true that medical research corporations are getting more tissues for data and testing and the services are being able to be funded?

If Planned Parenthood is generating revenue off selling fetal body parts, that creates an incentive for them to encourage women to get an abortion instead of say encouraging women to give their babies up for adoption.

From a strictly business standpoint, it would be to their advantage to encourage women to have abortion if selling the body parts covered all their variable costs of providing that abortion. Covering your variable cost is kinda a big thing in operating a business.

I haven't seen the videos but from some stuff I read, it sounds like planned parenthood was trying to maximize revenues obtained by selling the human body parts. If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find out they were also encouraging women to have abortions.

What part of "non-profit" do you not understand?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post