Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!
(04-08-2015 04:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 04:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think that what's missing is the nutcases who think abortions are being done for the sole purpose of harvesting tissue...not the scenario you described.

The anti-abortion crew is going to use anything they can to rile up people's emotions so they can try to get their way with banning abortions.

Facepalm seriously??? Yes, because women everywhere are being encouraged and coerced into havin abortions... Dodgy FFS!

Just because someone is pro-choice doesn't mean it becomes a decision that is made lightly by women, or that it's something we WANT to happen. It's just a necessity.

Perhaps if the religious right would actually allow things like.... I don't know... EASIER ACCESS TO CONTRACEPTION AND FACTUALLY BASED SEX ED.... They'd have fewer of those pesky abortions happening that they hate so much.

Sorry, I get a little heated about this issue, none of that anger was directed toward you, Anj Wink

I get it...it's just the spin put on the issue to make people believe either by out and out lies or implication that PP is promoting abortion for the sole purpose of harvesting tissue.

Even with the truth out there...there are some who won't hear it. They just start jumping up and down screaming "No Abortions". Any reason to bring the topic up will do for some of them. These same people can't see past their 'pro-life' (read anti-abortion) stance to see the good that is done by PP that has nothing to do with terminating pregnancies. Of course, these are the cherry-picking masters.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Also, the new GOP strategy for this upcoming election will be to talk about their experiences seeing a sonogram for the first time. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for that.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
04-08-2015, 04:33 PM
(04-08-2015 04:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think that what's missing is the nutcases who think abortions are being done for the sole purpose of harvesting tissue...not the scenario you described.

The anti-abortion crew is going to use anything they can to rile up people's emotions so they can try to get their way with banning abortions.
It has a valid point though, if you are going to be riled by the idea that a woman makes a career of selling her fetus then it would be interesting to explore why this riles you.
What's "special" about a fetus?
04-08-2015, 05:19 PM
(04-08-2015 04:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Facepalm seriously??? Yes, because women everywhere are being encouraged and coerced into havin abortions... Dodgy FFS!

Just because someone is pro-choice doesn't mean it becomes a decision that is made lightly by women, or that it's something we WANT to happen. It's just a necessity.

Perhaps if the religious right would actually allow things like.... I don't know... EASIER ACCESS TO CONTRACEPTION AND FACTUALLY BASED SEX ED.... They'd have fewer of those pesky abortions happening that they hate so much.

Sorry, I get a little heated about this issue, none of that anger was directed toward you, Anj Wink

Adding to that fact, not all forms of contraception are 100 % effective and many women, myself included, can't take birth control pills. So when a condom or diaphragm fails this means I've lost all control over my body? No, it doesn't.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-08-2015, 05:23 PM
(04-08-2015 04:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Also, the new GOP strategy for this upcoming election will be to talk about their experiences seeing a sonogram for the first time. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for that.

The one and only sonogram I had looked like I had a kidney bean in my uterus. Not a terribly moving experience. Wonder if they want to hear about that. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

04-08-2015, 05:42 PM
(04-08-2015 05:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 04:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Also, the new GOP strategy for this upcoming election will be to talk about their experiences seeing a sonogram for the first time. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for that.

The one and only sonogram I had looked like I had a kidney bean in my uterus. Not a terribly moving experience. Wonder if they want to hear about that. Dodgy
We had a 12 week and a 20 week sonogram, both times it looked quite human baby shaped.
04-08-2015, 05:49 PM
(04-08-2015 05:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 05:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The one and only sonogram I had looked like I had a kidney bean in my uterus. Not a terribly moving experience. Wonder if they want to hear about that. Dodgy
We had a 12 week and a 20 week sonogram, both times it looked quite human baby shaped.

Changes in sonogram technology in last 20+ years. Nurse had to point out all the parts to us.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2015, 06:05 PM
I was barely declared pregnant when I had mine. They were looking to see if I had a tubal pregnancy due to issues I was having. Definitely looked like a kidney bean.

05-08-2015, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 12:19 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(04-08-2015 04:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 12:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Revenue is income derived by selling goods and services.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/defini...venue.html

Pretending Planned Parenthood isn't generating revenue by selling fetal parts is just being obtuse. If ISIS started selllng the body parts of the gays it executes to researchers would you try to down play it by claiming they are just tying to recover their costs?

Let's say 17 year old Mary has been raped by an uncle and ends up pregnant. She decides (of her own accord) to have an abortion. She chooses to have it done at planned parenthood. They perform the procedure, and are now in possession of fetal tissue.

Big Research Hospital calls up planned parenthood and says "gee, we could really use that tissue to study and advance medicine for the improvement of our medical system and society, could we have those please?"

Planned parenthood says "sure, I don't see why not. They were going to go in the trash, why not make good use of them? But oh darn, it's going to cost us like $150 bucks in processing and shipping fees, will you cover that cost?" Big Research Hospital agrees.

Throw fetal tissue in the trash -no profit.

Ship fetal tissue for research and have those shipping fees reimbursed - no profit

What am I missing here??? Huh This seems like basic math...

Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood said this:

Quote:“Yeah, and so if we alter our process, and we are able to obtain intact fetal cadavers, then we can make it part of the budget, that any dissections are this, and splitting the specimens into different shipments is this. I mean it’s all just a matter of line items.”

This wasn't an instant of getting reimbursed for shipping. They are doing it to create a revenue stream.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/04/pla...cmp=hplnws
05-08-2015, 12:19 AM
(04-08-2015 04:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 04:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If Planned Parenthood is generating revenue off selling fetal body parts, that creates an incentive for them to encourage women to get an abortion instead of say encouraging women to give their babies up for adoption.

From a strictly business standpoint, it would be to their advantage to encourage women to have abortion if selling the body parts covered all their variable costs of providing that abortion. Covering your variable cost is kinda a big thing in operating a business.

I haven't seen the videos but from some stuff I read, it sounds like planned parenthood was trying to maximize revenues obtained by selling the human body parts. If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find out they were also encouraging women to have abortions.

What part of "non-profit" do you not understand?

You are confusing "revenue" with "profit". They are not the same thing. All those years GM wasn't turning a profit....they were surely generating revenue.