Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Planned Parenthood is profitting off baby parts!!!
It is especially not "profit" if the income you derive from the action is specifically tailored to offset the cost to your organization for engaging in that action, as appears to be the case, here.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 06:57 PM
(08-08-2015 06:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 06:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "profit" or "surplus" is the amount of revenue that exceeds expenses. The reason a businesses profit is the same thing as a non-profits surplus is because they are derived using the same formula.

Surplus = Revenues-Expenses.
Profit = Revenues-Expenses.
Profit=Surplus.

It should be clear to anyone that increasing revenue (such as by selling body parts) is going to increase revenue. Planned parenthood execs admitted demand dictated prices and not how much it cost to ship the body parts. Further they altered their procedures to fulfill customer orders. It is clear they were trying to maximize the amount of revenue they could generate with the byproducts of abortion.

Again, other income doesn't always translate to profit. Revenue is also not the same thing as profit.

Increases in revenue generally lead to an increase in profits(surpluses in the case of non profits). Really what it boils down to is Planned ParentHood was/is selling the body parts of babies to further their mission of killing babies. Thats why a lot of people are upset about this. Planned Parenthood is trying to spin it as "Oh even though we let demand dictate prices and we altered our procedures to increase sales.....we were just trying to cover our shipping costs." Nobody with half a brain believes that.
08-08-2015, 07:06 PM
^has only one quarter of a brain^

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
08-08-2015, 07:07 PM
(08-08-2015 07:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ^has only one quarter of a brain^

On a good day.

Yeah, yeah - you forgive us for overestimating your brain...doncha Blowme?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-08-2015, 07:18 PM
(08-08-2015 06:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 04:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  #5 of your own video explains how the profits of a non-profit organization cannot be used like profits from a for profit organization; they have to go to further their mission. You're still misusing words to prove a wrong point.

I forgive myself for not putting you on ignore about a year ago.

At least you guys are starting to realize that non-profits do turn profits. Its just that they call them surpluses and use them to further the mission instead of distributing them to shareholders.

And for what it is worth, a lot of businesses never distribute the profits to shareholders but hold on to the "retained earnings" to further the mission of the business.

When you guys believed Planned Parent hood claim that they weren't turning a "profit" but merely offsetting cost, I am simply shocked by how many people bought into that spin. Selling the body parts was and apparently continues to be a source of revenue. It would show up in their financials as "other income" if it wasn't of a significant amount to deserve its own line(or if they just wanted to hide it).

And your basis for these wild assertions is... ?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Actually, I meant me, since I think it's pretty obvious they were only charging a minimal fee for the purpose of offsetting the cost of preserving the parts for transport and delivery to the researchers. Clearly, I have only 1/4th of a brain.

08-08-2015, 07:21 PM
(08-08-2015 06:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'd like to add that 'other income' doesn't always translate into profit.

"profit" or "surplus" is the amount of revenue that exceeds expenses. The reason a businesses profit is the same thing as a non-profits surplus is because they are derived using the same formula.

Surplus = Revenues-Expenses.
Profit = Revenues-Expenses.
Profit=Surplus.

It should be clear to anyone that increasing revenue (such as by selling body parts) is going to increase revenue. Planned parenthood execs admitted demand dictated prices and not how much it cost to ship the body parts. Further they altered their procedures to fulfill customer orders. It is clear they were trying to maximize the amount of revenue they could generate with the byproducts of abortion.

Or they altered their procedures to be able to fill the demand to enable more medical research.

And I'm still awaiting your evidence that they are charging more than their costs.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 07:22 PM
(08-08-2015 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 07:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ^has only one quarter of a brain^

On a good day.

Sure,

but read the transcripts. It is clear Planned Parent Hood was trying to frame their business practice a certain way but it was obvious they wanted to maximize revenue. The were looking for that win-win. That is why they would have discussions about what organs are in demand and plan abortive procedures to meet that demand.

In the transcripts they even admit its all about framing:

Quote:PP: You know, I would love to find a way to frame this, too. And maybe you
guys can think about this. You know it’s all about framing.
Buyer: To frame if for affiliates or, you mean publicly.
PP: Yes, to frame this publicly, because right now, we’re in a position where
yes, our patients ask about this, and they feel that this is important, and they feel
that they’re doing a good thing. But there are a lot of people who think that what
we’re all doing is bad and they don’t want it to happen at all. You know, is there a
way to continue to frame this, are there things that we can spotlight, benefits.
Because if we can reframe the conversation, it’s just a win-win for everybody.
More patients will want to do it, more affiliates will want to partner with you, and
maybe some of the people who are trying to shut it down on every level will not. I
don’t know how to do that, if I knew how to do that, I would have done it already.

http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/..._final.pdf
08-08-2015, 07:48 PM
(08-08-2015 07:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  On a good day.

Sure,

but read the transcripts. It is clear Planned Parent Hood was trying to frame their business practice a certain way but it was obvious they wanted to maximize revenue. The were looking for that win-win. That is why they would have discussions about what organs are in demand and plan abortive procedures to meet that demand.

In the transcripts they even admit its all about framing:

Quote:PP: You know, I would love to find a way to frame this, too. And maybe you
guys can think about this. You know it’s all about framing.
Buyer: To frame if for affiliates or, you mean publicly.
PP: Yes, to frame this publicly, because right now, we’re in a position where
yes, our patients ask about this, and they feel that this is important, and they feel
that they’re doing a good thing. But there are a lot of people who think that what
we’re all doing is bad and they don’t want it to happen at all. You know, is there a
way to continue to frame this, are there things that we can spotlight, benefits.
Because if we can reframe the conversation, it’s just a win-win for everybody.
More patients will want to do it, more affiliates will want to partner with you, and
maybe some of the people who are trying to shut it down on every level will not. I
don’t know how to do that, if I knew how to do that, I would have done it already.

http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/..._final.pdf

There is nothing about revenue in there, let alone maximizing revenue. You just make shit up, BlowJob.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 07:59 PM
What does that have to do with profit? That looks like trying to figure out how to present the option to the public without causing objections, so they will have more such donations to science.

Maybe I'm not seeing it... whyyyy is that a bad thing?