Planned parenthood witch hunt backfires big time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2015, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 12:08 PM by Iñigo.)
Planned parenthood witch hunt backfires big time
I saw this on the Rachel Maddow show last night and it was too hard to pass up posting. In a nutshell, in the Planned Parenthood witch hunt yesterday Rep Jason Chaffetz put up a slide claiming to show that prevention services had declined over the past decade, but abortions had increased and claimed that the information came straight out of Planned Parenthood annual reports. Now, the first red flag is that those lines are very straight and that there is no Y-axis. Cecile Richards responds “My lawyers just informed me that the source of this information is Americans United for Life, an anti-abortion group. I would check your source.” (The source is actually on the slide).

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/...es-gop-rep

Jason Chaffetz you are the the lowest of the low. You are not only a lying misleading mother fucker, you are also soooo incredibly fucking stupid. Now go hide your shame.

On the other hand, I am so impressed by Cecile Richards, I think I have a crush on her.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Iñigo's post
30-09-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Planned parenthood witch hunt backfires big time
Just found the you tube video of the exchange.

[+] 4 users Like Iñigo's post
30-09-2015, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 11:53 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
She does make Chaffetz look like a dummy. You can go to your doctor and get a breast examine. To get a mammogram you need to go to an imaging center.

I wouldn't say "the witch hunt" backfired. Planned Parenthood is going to suffer from this in some way. Tax Payer money won't be diverted from women's health services but I suspect at least some of it, will be diverted to organizations which provide these services but don't provided abortions.
30-09-2015, 12:07 PM
I think it backfired in public opinion because out of 5+ hours of footage all you need is a 45 second clip to make these dishonest clowns look like the dishonest clowns they are.
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post
30-09-2015, 12:12 PM
The way PP is vilified by some politicians and groups in America is disgusting to me. Even if I wasn't incredibly pro-abortion, the constant lies and misrepresentations show that they don't even care about the facts they claim to be their supporting arguments. They just want to destroy abortion and don't care what goes along with it (completely ignoring the large amount of other services PP provides). Dishonest at an absolutely stupid level.

On top of all that, IMO, they are trying to undo/limit some of the most important pieces of our society ...birth control and abortion. Please...PLEASE don't make it easier for people to breed. We aren't low on population. We don't have a surplus of resources.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
30-09-2015, 12:13 PM
(30-09-2015 11:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I wouldn't say "the witch hunt" backfired. Planned Parenthood is going to suffer from this in some way. Tax Payer money won't be diverted from women's health services but I suspect at least some of it, will be diverted to organizations which provide these services but don't provided abortions.

In other words conservatives law makers will be guilty of one of their biggest complaints against the Affordable Care Act. Limiting a persons choices of healthcare providers.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
30-09-2015, 12:14 PM
(30-09-2015 11:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  She does make Chaffetz look like a dummy. You can go to your doctor and get a breast examine. To get a mammogram you need to go to an imaging center.

I wouldn't say "the witch hunt" backfired. Planned Parenthood is going to suffer from this in some way. Tax Payer money won't be diverted from women's health services but I suspect at least some of it, will be diverted to organizations which provide these services but don't provided abortions.

Yes it backfired. Pro Choice is a majority opinion in the US and direct attacks on it are generally unpopular.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Knowledge is power.

Bravo lawyers!

( Ohmy I never expected ever to say that)

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
30-09-2015, 12:19 PM
(30-09-2015 12:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 11:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  She does make Chaffetz look like a dummy. You can go to your doctor and get a breast examine. To get a mammogram you need to go to an imaging center.

Yes it backfired. Pro Choice is a majority opinion in the US and direct attacks on it are generally unpopular.

The status of an opinion's popularity has never carried weight with clowns on a mission from god.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
30-09-2015, 12:19 PM
(30-09-2015 12:07 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  I think it backfired in public opinion because out of 5+ hours of footage all you need is a 45 second clip to make these dishonest clowns look like the dishonest clowns they are.

I saw a 45 second video of a politician getting owned. I didn't see one that showed planned parenthood wasn't in the business of selling baby parts.