Planned parenthood witch hunt backfires big time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Planned parenthood witch hunt backfires big time
If I spent time thinking about it I could certainly craft a legalistic argument, but that doesn't mean I'd believe it.

Of course, arguing positions I don't necessarily believe is how I keep living the dream.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
02-10-2015, 07:00 AM
(30-09-2015 08:59 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  Just found the you tube video of the exchange.

His stutter at the end was priceless.

"Then we will get to s... the bottom of the truth of it."

Translation: Oh fuck! I'm being fact-checked right fucking now! Abort! Abort! Wait, don't use that word!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Why shouldn't abortions be funded with tax payer dollars??? Cheaper than schooling, housing, medical care etc.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-10-2015, 12:52 PM
(01-10-2015 01:42 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  So most people would look at the Chaffetz chart and think that more abortions than cancer screenings were being performed by Planned Parenthood when that is just false. So this is a blatant attempt at misleading the public. Now if Chaffetz was really interested in learning why the number of cancer screenings had gone down in that time and actually let Cecile Richards speak, he might have learned that it is because in that ten year span, the American Cancer Society recommended changes in the frequency of some cancer screenings.

If cancer screenings are going down then Planned Parenthood doesn't need the money. That is Chaffetz's point.
02-10-2015, 12:54 PM
(02-10-2015 12:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 01:42 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  So most people would look at the Chaffetz chart and think that more abortions than cancer screenings were being performed by Planned Parenthood when that is just false. So this is a blatant attempt at misleading the public. Now if Chaffetz was really interested in learning why the number of cancer screenings had gone down in that time and actually let Cecile Richards speak, he might have learned that it is because in that ten year span, the American Cancer Society recommended changes in the frequency of some cancer screenings.

If cancer screenings are going down then Planned Parenthood doesn't need the money. That is Chaffetz's point.

So they can go down more?

What is the actual assumed reason and outcome of his view supposed to be?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Quote:She does make Chaffetz look like a dummy.

Not hard - it's easy to trip up fanatics.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-10-2015, 12:59 PM
(02-10-2015 12:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If cancer screenings are going down then Planned Parenthood doesn't need the money. That is Chaffetz's point.

So they can go down more?

They can take the money they use to perform abortions to prop up the cancer screenings.
02-10-2015, 01:03 PM
(02-10-2015 12:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So they can go down more?

They can take the money they use to perform abortions to prop up the cancer screenings.

And...? Is there some kind of point to your idiocy? Don't you think professionals who work in the field would have a better idea of what's needed than some dickhead politician scoring cheap political points?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-10-2015, 01:08 PM
(02-10-2015 12:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So they can go down more?

Hmm? Wouldn't the situation of what people are coming to them be more determining on what they do. A significant factor to these instances is people coming to them.

The more amusing thing here is how foolishly unrealizing how attention and information spreads via these situations. Complaining so much and making it such a new topics, means more people will be aware of Planned Parenthood places as an option in case they were considering the need for either of these types of things. It may have the effect of making more abortions at planned parenthood sought out by more aware populations.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-10-2015, 01:14 PM
(02-10-2015 12:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

No. Chaffetz misleading point is that they perform more abortions than cancer screens. And... cancer screening is not the only other thing they do, they perform close to 9,000,000 other services.