Planning for Easter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Planning for Easter
So, how are you going to make use of the holiday?

I always try to think of places I want to go while most people are off the street. Sundays that usually translates into shopping for me, but on Easter churches will let out late and a lot of people will be having gatherings afterwards, so there will be few people out and about.

That makes it a good time to........??

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: Planning for Easter
Be on the water of course.

Perhaps get lucky and see Jesus walking on the waves or something truly miraculous like this

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Play golf Smile, pray to the golf gods. Laugh out load

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-04-2014, 09:01 AM
We're going to the in-laws church on Sunday and then over to my parent's. My brother and his family will be there as well, and we're all going to be eating a couple hundred pounds of crawfish. Can't wait Big Grin

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-04-2014, 09:01 AM
(14-04-2014 08:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  So, how are you going to make use of the holiday?

Sadly, it will likely start with me going to my wife's church. There will be a brunch afterward.

Later, we'll go to my aunt and uncle's place for a large family get together. Someone will probably say grace before the meal, and the rest of the occasion will pretty much be secular. A lot of talking with family, stuffing our faces, and an easter egg hunt or two.

After the church service, I expect most of the day to be pretty good.
14-04-2014, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2014 09:23 AM by Full Circle.)
(14-04-2014 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and we're all going to be eating a couple hundred pounds of crawfish. Can't wait Big Grin

How do you prepare them? Crawfish boil in a big pot with potatoes, corn and cajun spices? Hot enough that when the juices drip down your chin it burns? Do you suck the heads? Any self-respecting Cajun sucks the heads ya know Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-04-2014, 09:14 AM
(14-04-2014 09:10 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and we're all going to be eating a couple hundred pounds of crawfish. Can't wait Big Grin

How do you prepare them? Crawfish boil in a big pot with potatoes, corn and cajun spices? Hot enough that when the juices drips down your chin it burns? Do you suck the heads? Any self-rspecting Cajun sucks the heads ya know Thumbsup

Yep. Pot with the specialized "crawfish boil" available pretty much anywhere here in BR. We'll probably do corn, potatoes, and mushrooms. And yes, I suck the heads! And the claws! How else am I supposed to get that hot juice from them? Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-04-2014, 09:34 AM
(14-04-2014 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  We're going to the in-laws church on Sunday and then over to my parent's. My brother and his family will be there as well, and we're all going to be eating a couple hundred pounds of crawfish. Can't wait Big Grin

*parents'

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2014, 10:48 AM
might head up the street for the neighborhood easter egg hunt with the kids. Even the kids think its pretty lame though... Undecided

Then just the usual weekend work around the house, might get this house painting finished (hopefully), although husband will probably spend most of his time on the computer brushing up his java for an upcoming phone interview.

sneaking all the candy I can out of the easter basket when the kids aren't looking.

oh, and watching 'Frozen' a bazillion times because my sister is sending it to the kids.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Well apparently my flat is going to be used for some social gathering they're calling "a party", whatever the fuck that is. So I guess I'll be going to that.