Planning for Easter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Planning for Easter
(14-04-2014 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Gonna crucify something. Oh wait, that's not until Thursday. And then I'ma gonna watch their corpse ass close in a brine for a few days just to be sure it ain't moving. And then I'm gonna eat a country ham.

That's not 'til Friday. Y'know, "Good Friday"?

It's Good Friday because when Pilate said to crucify Jebus, Caiaphas said "Good!".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2014, 08:29 PM
(14-04-2014 08:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Gonna crucify something. Oh wait, that's not until Thursday. And then I'ma gonna watch their corpse ass close in a brine for a few days just to be sure it ain't moving. And then I'm gonna eat a country ham.

That's not 'til Friday. Y'know, "Good Friday"?

It's Good Friday because when Pilate said to crucify Jebus, Caiaphas said "Good!".

Thought dude miraculously woke up Easter Sunday after 3 days and the night in the ground. That would make him going down on Thursday and popping up on Sunday by my math.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
14-04-2014, 08:32 PM
(14-04-2014 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 08:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not 'til Friday. Y'know, "Good Friday"?

Thought dude miraculously woke up Easter Sunday after 3 days and the night in the ground. That would make him going down on Thursday and popping up on Sunday by my math.

Nope - on the third day. 1st is Friday, 2nd is Saturday, 3rd day is ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-04-2014, 08:41 PM
My bestest friend in all the world (Helene) is coming home from school (in Paris), and we're gonna go "stompin" .. you got it .. country western line dancing. Blush
In high school we learned to line dance. Weeping So we're going to take my little brother and show him how.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-04-2014, 08:51 PM
(14-04-2014 08:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thought dude miraculously woke up Easter Sunday after 3 days and the night in the ground. That would make him going down on Thursday and popping up on Sunday by my math.

Nope - on the third day. 1st is Friday, 2nd is Saturday, 3rd day is ...

That's gonna complicate my brining plan.

#sigh
14-04-2014, 08:53 PM
I get to spend that weekend grinding out the final project for my quantum statistical mechanics course. Which I am going to do dogshit awful on, thanks to a broken foot and a couple dead grandparents running interference on my semester and leaving me woefully under-prepared.

So that's going to be fun explaining on all the cover letters next year.

... this is my signature!
14-04-2014, 09:10 PM
I am teaching on Saturday. Friday I have nothing planned. Sunday is the same.

Being a drummer, I will spend my days watching DVDs while practising hand technique on a rubber pad. I should get at least 12 hours each day. It is the most relaxing thing I ever do. I love the practise pad. Smile

Reading the thread I was surprized at all the activities many of you have to do. Enjoy. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-04-2014, 09:37 PM
(14-04-2014 05:46 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 05:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's funny I'm such a whimp when it comes to heat, the mid 80 temps is quite enough to make me wilt. Bitchy won't be far behind.

Laugh out load so I'm not the only one. Even living my whole life in Iowa where the summers can get brutal, I've never liked the heat. I turn into a mega bitch when I'm too hot, and I can't help it Weeping

85 is my limit.....86 and I'm bitchy. I hate summer in the Carolinas. I want to move!! Sadcryface2

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Summer in the Carolinas....heat, humidity, no breeze...yeah, pretty much sucks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Going to some friend's for dinner. They are comfortable with rationalists and don't need to impose a religious observance on those not inclined. We'll just enjoy a little wine and some time together.