Plants Could Totally Have Survived Noah's Flood Guize!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Plants Could Totally Have Survived Noah's Flood Guize!
(16-09-2013 07:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 07:17 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  That's... pretty weird.

[Image: mobius.gif]

wut.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 07:59 PM

[Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck-anime-277x300.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-09-2013, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2013 01:12 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-09-2013 02:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 01:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Give a good early date to the Flood like 100,000 years ago...

Oh, we're allowed to do that? We can ignore parts of the story which the Bible explicitly states?

Can we ignore the impossibility of gathering all living species of animal? Can we ignore the impossible dimensions of the ark? Can we ignore the impossible geological formations? Can we ignore the impossible volumes of water required?

One wonders. Having categorically ignored every detail set forth, we might be better off ignoring the whole idiotic fable.

Come on cjlr, this is Apologetics 101 right here. The Bible is literal truth when, and only when, it's convenient for the point being made by the apologists at that time. In this way Adam and Eve can be a parable or a fable about responsibility in one argument, and literal truth and the basis for the justification of sin, Hell, and salvation in the next! It really is super easy when you give up all pretenses to logical consistency and intellectual honesty, but who needs that when you have Jesus? Amiright? Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-09-2013, 07:08 AM
(16-09-2013 04:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, for fuck's sake, when you're invoking magic, it's fucking magic - innit?

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
17-09-2013, 07:26 AM
(16-09-2013 01:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It sounds like y'all are claiming Noah couldn't have brought seed packets with him on the boat? Give a good early date to the Flood like 100,000 years ago and you could have the older plants that are cited on this thread, yeah?

Are you postulating that the flood happened 100 kyears ago? What predictions does your hypothesis make that differ from an old earth / evolutionary model? How can you confirm your hypothesis?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
17-09-2013, 08:38 AM
(17-09-2013 07:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 01:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It sounds like y'all are claiming Noah couldn't have brought seed packets with him on the boat? Give a good early date to the Flood like 100,000 years ago and you could have the older plants that are cited on this thread, yeah?

Are you postulating that the flood happened 100 kyears ago? What predictions does your hypothesis make that differ from an old earth / evolutionary model? How can you confirm your hypothesis?

Therein lies the rub, does it not? If he actually had evidence, he wouldn't be here arguing with us, now would he? Drinking Beverage

17-09-2013, 08:49 AM

6 "And it came to pass that the Flying Spaghetti Monster saw that the world was no longer a tasty place.

7 And the Flying Spaghetti Monster said, I will destroy all this untastiness that I have created from the face of the earth; man and beast, beer and brothel, and all the creeping things that are less than savory.

8 But Steve the Pirate found grace with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and was touched by his noodly appendage.

9 Steve, begat of Jeff, was renowned throughout the land. The proprietor of a small pub in the provence well know for his amber lager and the best pasta salad of which has ever been spoken to the ears of men.

10 And the Flying Spaghetti Monster said unto Steve, the end of untastiness is come before me and behold I will destroy the earth.

11 Go thou into the forest and seek out the largest Bay Leaf tree therein. Make a ship of these leaves that it may add to the tastiness of my kingdom.

12 And in this fashion shalt thou make the ship, it shall be shaped as a Pirate ship several hundred cubits in length and pretty wide in cubits as well and high enough that thou doest not feel hemmed in. Useth thou thy best judgement.

13 A window thou shalt make in the ship, a rather nice one with curtains. As pirates there be no need for a door, as thou shalt swing on ropes to exit thine ship.

14 And behold, I shall cover the earth with a fresh tomato sauce to destroy all untastyiness. And I shall simmer this sauce on low for forty days and forty nights then another day allowing it to cool and thicken.

15 Go and fill your ship with two of every spice in the land. Gather basil and paprika and salt and cayenne peppers that we my season the new tastiness of the world to come. This is my promise to you and all who come after you.

1 And so it came to pass that the Flying Spaghetti Monster did cleanse the earth with a fresh tomato basil sauce and remove all untastiness therein.

2 And Steve went into his ship and did float upon the sauce that covered all the earth for 41 days and 40 nights (allowing for cooling). And Steve had brought into the ship two of every spice and these he did liberally apply to the sauce through the very nice window with curtains that he had built.

3 On the 41st day the Pirate ship came to rest on a hill and so Steve sent forth a parrot to see if the sauce had receded, but the parrot found no place to roost and returned to the ship.

4 So Steve waited and after seven days he sent forth the parrot again to see if the sauce had abated and the parrot returned not to him again but instead found refuge beside a large beer volcano.

5 Thus it came to pass that on the 49th day the earth was dry and tasty and Steve built a small alter unto the Flying Spaghetti Monster and covered it with parmesan. And Steve spoke to the Flying Spaghetti Monster saying, In your tastiness the earth has been reborn and, wow, a beer volcano!

6 And the Flying Spaghetti Monster saw that it was good and mighty tasty.
"

~ Book of Fusilli (12:6-13:6), The Loose Canon
http://www.venganza.org/2010/07/the-loose-canon/
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Philosoraptor's post
17-09-2013, 08:51 AM
(17-09-2013 08:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 07:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Are you postulating that the flood happened 100 kyears ago? What predictions does your hypothesis make that differ from an old earth / evolutionary model? How can you confirm your hypothesis?

Therein lies the rub, does it not? If he actually had evidence, he wouldn't be here arguing with us, now would he? Drinking Beverage

I love the attempts to "make it work" with whatever it takes to support the original myth. Why stop at seed packets? For all we know, Noah filled the lower deck of his ship with soil and planted every single type of plant. The animal waste was used as fertilizer. The weight of the dirt helped stabilize the boat in the rough seas. Plants didn't need sunshine to grow back then, fools!

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
17-09-2013, 01:15 PM
(17-09-2013 08:51 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 08:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Therein lies the rub, does it not? If he actually had evidence, he wouldn't be here arguing with us, now would he? Drinking Beverage

I love the attempts to "make it work" with whatever it takes to support the original myth. Why stop at seed packets? For all we know, Noah filled the lower deck of his ship with soil and planted every single type of plant. The animal waste was used as fertilizer. The weight of the dirt helped stabilize the boat in the rough seas. Plants didn't need sunshine to grow back then, fools!

I'm also fairly convinced that Yahweh furnished Noah with a full set of Star Treck-esque replicators to make food for everyone for the duration of the year long trip.

17-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Well... that's my brain well and truly fucked.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user