Plants Could Totally Have Survived Noah's Flood Guize!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Plants Could Totally Have Survived Noah's Flood Guize!
(24-09-2013 01:09 PM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Are you or are you not claiming that, as a consequence of Noah's story being an accurate report of historical events, the following is also true:
1- pre-flood Earth was pretty much flat.
2-all continents absolutely needed to be linked together.
3-continents moved from the Pangea position to their current one within one single year.
4-mount Arrarat specifically, but also the Himalayan mountain range were created within the same period.

Note that these are all yes/no questions.

1. No, but the mountain peaks were lower, under 10,000 feet.

2. Yes, I believe in Pangea.

3. No.

4. "Mt. Ararat" in the text refers to a range, the "mountains of Ararat". The great displacement of sediment during its sudden upthrust has brought many fossils to the plateaus at the base of the Himalayas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2013, 12:42 PM
(25-09-2013 12:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence of that, so it is not an apt point. I deal with actual science, actual experiment, actual data.

Let's discuss actual science, not silly scenarios.

But you don't get it Chas! The point is that there could be a chance that science is wrong, and PJ needs that little gap or wedge in the possibility to cram his belief into...

Probability isn't anywhere near as important for him as possibility (if only because the probability of his belief is near zero, if it was closer to 90% you can be damn well sure he'd be all over the probability).

I apologize if my point wasn't more clear. The idea of an outside entity changing the Earth willfully is biblical and is also possible if not probable in a billions-of-years-old universe with many planets and evolution in many places. The difference is the Bible represents an omniscient being.

I believe Chas saw where I was heading and ducked, and you "covered" for him, too. If we are the products of intelligent design via space seed from an alien race and not the god of the Bible, it would still be logical for us to reach out for the progenitors.
25-09-2013, 12:47 PM
(25-09-2013 12:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I apologize if my point wasn't more clear. The idea of an outside entity changing the Earth willfully is biblical and is also possible if not probable in a billions-of-years-old universe with many planets and evolution in many places. The difference is the Bible represents an omniscient being.

Interaction would leave evidence. There is none.

Reshaping the entire Earth's climate, topology, hydrology, and biosphere, within narrow historical timeframes and indeed within the actual lifetime of surviving organisms? That would leave overwhelming evidence. There is none.

Possible? In the sense that anything is possible. Probable? Far from it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
25-09-2013, 12:49 PM
(25-09-2013 12:39 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:09 PM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Are you or are you not claiming that, as a consequence of Noah's story being an accurate report of historical events, the following is also true:
3-continents moved from the Pangea position to their current one within one single year.
4-mount Arrarat specifically, but also the Himalayan mountain range were created within the same period.

3. No.

4. "Mt. Ararat" in the text refers to a range, the "mountains of Ararat". The great displacement of sediment during its sudden upthrust has brought many fossils to the plateaus at the base of the Himalayas.

1. Evidence to support your assertion or GTFO.

2. Why do you accept a non-biblical Pangea, but insist that mountains can't be more than 10,000 ft. difference in elevation?

3. Why do you accept a longer timescale for the separation of Pangea, but insist that mountains can't be more than 10,000 ft. difference in elevation?

4. You do realize that if that was true, then the sedimentary would not be layered and should include many different mostly modern animal species all mixed together in a hodgepodge, and not stratified by predictable uniformed layers?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-09-2013, 12:52 PM
(25-09-2013 12:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I haven't claimed ever to be strong in faith. I do claim I'm strong in knowledge, a knowledge that has resulted from exactly what you wrote--either the Bible is 100% true or it's rather useless.

Ego, ergo ego. Angel muthufuckas

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-09-2013, 12:52 PM
(25-09-2013 12:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I haven't claimed ever to be strong in faith. I do claim I'm strong in knowledge, a knowledge that has resulted from exactly what you wrote--either the Bible is 100% true or it's rather useless.

Good thing it's so demonstrably false about so many things then. Thumbsup

So I take it you'll stop defending your god, hell, salvation, vicarious redemption, and needless suffering? Yeah, I didn't think you were that intellectually honest either... Drinking Beverage

25-09-2013, 02:41 PM
(25-09-2013 12:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 12:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But you don't get it Chas! The point is that there could be a chance that science is wrong, and PJ needs that little gap or wedge in the possibility to cram his belief into...

Probability isn't anywhere near as important for him as possibility (if only because the probability of his belief is near zero, if it was closer to 90% you can be damn well sure he'd be all over the probability).

I apologize if my point wasn't more clear. The idea of an outside entity changing the Earth willfully is biblical and is also possible if not probable in a billions-of-years-old universe with many planets and evolution in many places. The difference is the Bible represents an omniscient being.

I believe Chas saw where I was heading and ducked, and you "covered" for him, too. If we are the products of intelligent design via space seed from an alien race and not the god of the Bible, it would still be logical for us to reach out for the progenitors.

I didn't duck anything. The only one ducking here is you. You bob and weave and shy away from evidence.

The idea that life did not originate on Earth doesn't change the problem. Life originated somewhere, evolution occurs.

There is absolutely no evidence for outside intelligent influence on the history of the Earth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-09-2013, 02:45 PM
I thought that this horse was dead already, besides intelligent design has yet to account for social evolution. If we started off in the same place why aren't we the same as we were. How did we figure out all of these things. If our minds can change to understand and use new concepts why shouldn't bodies do the same thing.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
25-09-2013, 05:47 PM
(25-09-2013 12:39 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

3. No.

1- Same as EK, proofs, sources, links to studies?
2/3: All right then. How did for instance the australian kangaroo get to the ark and back to its natural habitat. Also when did continents reach their current positions?
4-Why can we not find one single instance of one single whale, dinosaur or elephant in the same layer as the much smaller and fragile trilobites? Why are they predictably always layered in the same order?

Be compassionate and respectful in your answer if you think it helps it conform with observation.
26-09-2013, 12:34 AM

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post