Plastics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: Plastics
(15-01-2015 12:13 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 11:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My other issue is that most plastics, even if they're stamped with a #2 or whatever on the bottom, actually are made from multiple types of plastics that sometimes can't be recycled.

Like a water bottle....the main part of the bottle might be 2 but the neck, is usually different and the cap is completely different again.

Our local recycling doesn't want any plastic food storage containers at all, regardless of how they're labeled on the bottom. It's wild.

for the longest time our recycling centers didnt want pizza boxes, (we have curbside pickup and we don't have to sort), but they kept being inundated with them so they eventually found a program that does recycle them. I guess my 4 years of putting them in the bin anyway finally worked.

I'm not saying you should put the mixed plastic in your bin, but I would. Angel

All this recycling talk reminds me of the Porlandia skit and the fingernail clipping recycling bin.....

http://www.hulu.com/watch/335493

Sometimes I get kinda stressed when I'm recycling stuff. Gee, what if I put it in the wrong bin? Is this #5 plastic ok? Oh, dear can I recycle metal stuff with the glass or is that in a different bin?

My husband says I can't recycle the empty paper sugar bags, the ones sugar comes in at the store, but I do it anyway after shaking the sugar out of it. I need a detailed list of all the recycling options next to our bins in the garage so I know what I'm doing.

By the way, there's no hulu option in the video thingy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Wow, you guys still have to seperate your recycling??

Here, if it's recyclable, it goes in the bin. Period.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-01-2015, 02:53 PM
15 years ago when I lived in the burbs of Minneapolis they were MILITANT about sorting. You had to use three or fours bins for different items (glass, paper, plastic, metal) and if you didnt remove the metal lid from the glass jar you would be getting nasty grams, threats for fines, etc. It was crazy.
Not sure if they still do it that way.

Now we just have two rollout cans, one for trash, one for recycling.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller