Platitudes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Platitudes
(12-09-2016 09:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "He's in a better place now"....

HOLY FUCK!!

Where was he before????

Detroit????

Laugh out load

Thanks, that one made me crack up!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Thank you all for taking the time to post in this thread, much appreciated.

FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-09-2016, 02:11 PM
(12-09-2016 02:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 09:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "He's in a better place now"....

HOLY FUCK!!

Where was he before????

Detroit????

Laugh out load

Smile

Levity is the cure for many ills...........

Although - E.D. isn't one of them....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-09-2016, 02:15 PM
(12-09-2016 02:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 02:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Laugh out load

Smile

heh

I need the distraction, I'm currently sitting in the attorney's waiting room to review the trust documents, will and next steps. Oh fun.

12-09-2016, 02:30 PM
(12-09-2016 02:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 02:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Smile

heh

I need the distraction, I'm currently sitting in the attorney's waiting room to review the trust documents, will and next steps. Oh fun.

Yup...

I helped my best friend out with his dad's estate when he died -- and my buddy noted -- "It'd be really nice if when somebody died - all their stuff just went "poof" and disappeared with them...... "

It'd sure be simpler...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-09-2016, 06:03 PM
My co-worker's mother died about 6 months ago and one of our colleagues said "She was called home." and I'm thinking "She lived on Earth her entire life, what home?" Of course he means Heaven so are we to believe we start out in Heaven? So when we die we go back to where we originally came form because there is nothing in the bible that supports that and this whole idea of souls or spirits being manufactured in huge soul factories with angels working night and day churning them out while wiping the sweat from their eyes is a very recent concept and not at all canon to Christianity, he's just making that shit up.

Fact is if we are only using the Bible as a source for this then Yahweh only created one soul when he created Adam and maybe when he created Eve, if in fact they were tainted by sin and that's why all humans are born with sin that would mean God stopped making new souls, he only made the two. So we live our whole lives on Earth, then we die, than we go "home"? Which is technically a place we have never been, so not home at all, not even Adam or Eve had ever been there so it makes no sense at all. It would make more sense to say "She was called to go to the all-inclusive Sandals resort in the sky where she can relax and drink pina colodas by the beach and hang out with her other dead loved ones forever."

Their home is Earth but whatever, I know it shouldn't matter but little things like that annoy me and honestly it sounds nice so I won't argue it anyway. Unless they are Mormons who believe Elohim actually has lots of spirit babies and when we are born we are infused with the soul essence from another planet...or something? Eh whatever, whenever Mormons start making sense it's time to just stop talking about it.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
12-09-2016, 06:34 PM
(12-09-2016 06:03 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  My co-worker's mother died about 6 months ago and one of our colleagues said "She was called home." and I'm thinking "She lived on Earth her entire life, what home?" Of course he means Heaven so are we to believe we start out in Heaven? So when we die we go back to where we originally came form because there is nothing in the bible that supports that and this whole idea of souls or spirits being manufactured in huge soul factories with angels working night and day churning them out while wiping the sweat from their eyes is a very recent concept and not at all canon to Christianity, he's just making that shit up.

Fact is if we are only using the Bible as a source for this then Yahweh only created one soul when he created Adam and maybe when he created Eve, if in fact they were tainted by sin and that's why all humans are born with sin that would mean God stopped making new souls, he only made the two. So we live our whole lives on Earth, then we die, than we go "home"? Which is technically a place we have never been, so not home at all, not even Adam or Eve had ever been there so it makes no sense at all. It would make more sense to say "She was called to go to the all-inclusive Sandals resort in the sky where she can relax and drink pina colodas by the beach and hang out with her other dead loved ones forever."

Their home is Earth but whatever, I know it shouldn't matter but little things like that annoy me and honestly it sounds nice so I won't argue it anyway. Unless they are Mormons who believe Elohim actually has lots of spirit babies and when we are born we are infused with the soul essence from another planet...or something? Eh whatever, whenever Mormons start making sense it's time to just stop talking about it.

Your co-worker is wrong.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M6c9139181d6539799acc3a20aef1f...mp;pid=1.1]
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
12-09-2016, 07:19 PM
It would certainly be just punishment for my unbelief if they sent me back where I came from - I hear it's gotten a lot worse there since I left. (But at least I'd be with a lot of other disgruntled expatriates.)

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
13-09-2016, 11:32 AM
"I may not have known her well or have even known very much about her life, but I am 100% certain that I now know where she is, what she is doing, who she is with and that one day, you'll be with her."

Me - "And I suppose you think it's either heaven or hell. So which one is it ?"

"I can't say. I'm not a psychic."

Me - "But you're 100% certain it's one of two places."

"Of course. What else could it be ?"

Me - "Could just be your over active imagination, but what do I know ? I'm no rocket surgeon."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
13-09-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm not surprised by platitudes. It's difficult to think of something else in moments like this. While I don't fall on religious language I too don't really know what I should say.

Silence is sometimes better than empty words.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.