Plausible versus the absurd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Plausible Conspiracy Theories:

(a.) Big Oil invests millions in anti-science propaganda.

(b.) Russia interfered in the 2016 US election with tactics similar to those it uses to meddle in the elections of Eastern European nations.

(c.) Watergate.

The Absurd:

(a.) KFC is attempting to make black men impotent.

(b.) Jewish reptilians are secretly conspiring with extraterrestrials to help the US finance Israel, courtesy of George Soros and Obama/Rockefeller/the Clintons/Pizzagate/Men In Black/Al Gore.

(c.) Biologists, geologists, astronomers, historians, and psychologists are conspiring to discredit the Bible because they secetly hate and fear God and would rather enjoy sin.

No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like neurotibotical's post
01-06-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: Plausible versus the absurd
The point being?

Something is either true or it ain't.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
01-06-2017, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 12:30 PM by Szuchow.)
If something is plausible then it isn't conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory isn't word used to describe real conspiracies, hidden actions, etc.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-06-2017, 01:25 PM
(01-06-2017 10:18 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  (b.) Jewish reptilians are secretly conspiring with extraterrestrials to help the US finance Israel, courtesy of George Soros and Obama/Rockefeller/the Clintons/Pizzagate/Men In Black/Al Gore.

Well of course that's absurd.

All the evidence clearly points to them being Zoroastrian reptilians. Gasp

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post
01-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Conspiracies do sometimes happen; this is written in history. Even the conspiracy that killed Franz Ferdinand had elements of the absurd, too.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-06-2017, 06:22 PM
The reptilian one has always amused me. Because of my ancestry, I'm supposedly one of the reptilians on Earth.

Another one I'm apparently caught up in is the whole Knight Templar thing. One ancestor was involved in creating the Knights Templar. I have a red rose tattoo. A friend of mine, a Mason, is now convinced I am a Rosicrucian with some secrets passed down the generations. Facepalm

Another absurd conspiracy to add:
The world is actually flat, and the governments of the world conspire to keep this fact hidden. Usually it's unknown reasons.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
01-06-2017, 08:24 PM
I wish there was an emoticon for spitting out one's beverage, which is essentially what I did when I read the whole "KFC making black men impotent." Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
02-06-2017, 06:37 AM
(01-06-2017 08:24 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I wish there was an emoticon for spitting out one's beverage, which is essentially what I did when I read the whole "KFC making black men impotent." Laugh out load

In humor writing, that's called a "spit take." "Takes" are reactions from characters to humorous occurrences that enhance the humor. A "double take" is another example.
02-06-2017, 06:44 AM
(01-06-2017 06:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  The reptilian one has always amused me. Because of my ancestry, I'm supposedly one of the reptilians on Earth.

One I don't get on this one, the reptile people, is that they are supposedly from a constellation of stars that ,coincidentally, looks like a lizard. But surely this wouldn't be the case from their POV on whatever planet they supposedly come from?

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
02-06-2017, 09:31 AM
(02-06-2017 06:44 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  The reptilian one has always amused me. Because of my ancestry, I'm supposedly one of the reptilians on Earth.

One I don't get on this one, the reptile people, is that they are supposedly from a constellation of stars that ,coincidentally, looks like a lizard. But surely this wouldn't be the case from their POV on whatever planet they supposedly come from?
Being the resident reptile who's training to be an overlord, I'll answer your silly primate question.

Should you bring that up, there are a few answers:
* You're falling for the brainwashing or indoctrination of the reptilians
* You're falling for the brainwashing or indoctrination of the nonbelievers
* You're a reptilian who is trying to spread false info
* You're a fool who just isn't getting it

(Basically the same conspiracy apologetics as any other one)

Now, some now claim they don't come from that part of space. I've heard another dimension, Planet X that is in our solar system (some say that's just their new base), or they evolved on Earth in the hollow parts of the world.