Playing doctors.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 03:09 PM by Mr Woof.)
Playing doctors.
How do you address your local G.P?

For as long as i recall I have addressed my regular doctor by his Christian name.
As for others, I don't call them anything.

Hows about you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Playing doctors.
O00ps sorry........ Here come de poll!.

Messed up, re poll on original.

Some suggestions.............Dr, DR and surname, Sir, darling, hey you!,Mr, medico...................

Sory about that! Drooling
15-03-2013, 04:12 PM
(15-03-2013 02:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  How do you address your local G.P?

For as long as i recall I have addressed my regular doctor by his Christian name.
As for others, I don't call them anything.

Hows about you?

I call him 'Ed'. He's my cousin.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Seriously. I call my ob/gyn dr sexy. He's fucking hot!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2013, 05:33 PM
I don't refer to my doctors as anything. I come in silently, respond to what the doc asks or says, and mumble thanks in an uncomfortable way on my way out.

.... I don't like interacting with people outside my usual small circle and tend to go to pains to avoid it, mostly because I feel uncomfortable...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Hey, you! Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-03-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't call them anything. I don't call them at all.

GPs aren't needed by real men. They are only necessary in dire emergencies like... a man cold.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-03-2013, 05:52 PM
(15-03-2013 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously. I call my ob/gyn dr sexy. He's fucking hot!
That was AMAZING Big Grin
My OBGYN was a nice-looking man, with an accent. One day, after an exam I decided it was time (and I had EARNED the right to ask) to ask where he was from. He said he was from Transylvania. Of course I say, "That's sweet! I have a vampire doctor." He smiled at me and it became a joke. (I've always found joy in the little and most random things.) There became this other joke, outside of earshot with my doctor, that he reminded people of the Count. You know, from Sesame Street? "One baby, AH AH AH... Two baby, AH AH AH..." Laughat

[Image: tumblr_mbhoqgBPJW1qzr715o1_500.jpg]
(Now picture this guy in a doctor's coat... AWESOME.)

HMMM... I never really put much thought into what I call my doctors. I guess I don't say to their face, "Thanks, Dr. "so and so." I feel that's kinda weird. I don't know why Consider I guess it's kind of like living with a boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband; One tends to call their partner "pet names" or variations of their REAL name. (Someone's name is Frank, but his wife might call him "Franky" or even "Darling." MAYBE, in some circumstances, they will just call them "Asshole...")

Now that I'm thinking about it, I realize I NEVER call my doctors by their name. I tend to just avoid it all together. Perhaps it's because they know so much intimate stuff about me, that I feel like I need to keep them on a "no name" relationship.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
15-03-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 06:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-03-2013 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously. I call my ob/gyn dr sexy. He's fucking hot!
ManlyGirl told me that and GirlyMan ain't got no fucking clue what to make of it or do with it. ... All I can think is she's just dicking with me just for the entertainment value. ... Bravo ManlyGirl, bravo. [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-03-2013, 06:33 PM
(15-03-2013 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
ManlyGirl told me that and GirlyMan ain't got no fucking clue what to make of it or do with it. ... All I can think is she's just dicking with me just for the entertainment value. ... Bravo ManlyGirl, bravo. [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

Well Surrouned dad had a whole lotta fun playing doctor for a while after that. Especially since he's fluent in the jargon.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post