Please Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Please Help
I have been in a long, tiring, endless debate with some Christians on Pinterest. I'm so tired of being the only atheist in the discussion, and having a bunch of people ganging up on me. Please help out and spread reason. I hate being the only atheist voice.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/221169031674658791/

Thanks!

P.S. I'm Nina.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: Please Help
(07-04-2014 01:46 PM)rainingchaos Wrote:  I have been in a long, tiring, endless debate with some Christians on Pinterest. I'm so tired of being the only atheist in the discussion, and having a bunch of people ganging up on me. Please help out and spread reason. I hate being the only atheist voice.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm Nina.

All I can say is run. I would help but I deal with creationist not so much Christians who can except science.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-04-2014, 01:57 PM
(07-04-2014 01:46 PM)rainingchaos Wrote:  I have been in a long, tiring, endless debate with some Christians on Pinterest. I'm so tired of being the only atheist in the discussion, and having a bunch of people ganging up on me. Please help out and spread reason. I hate being the only atheist voice.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm Nina.

I'm not registered as a user on pinterest, but you seem to be handling yourself pretty good out there from what I can tell.

"Because I have a right to be heard... I have a voice!"
[+] 1 user Likes September's post
07-04-2014, 01:57 PM
(07-04-2014 01:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

Thanks!

P.S. I'm Nina.

All I can say is run. I would help but I deal with creationist not so much Christians who can except science.

I'd love to. I'm just too headstrong to do it. I don't want to leave and have them think that they have made their point and proved me wrong.
07-04-2014, 02:02 PM
(07-04-2014 01:57 PM)September Wrote:  

Thanks!

P.S. I'm Nina.

I'm not registered as a user on pinterest, but you seem to be handling yourself pretty good out there from what I can tell.

Haha thanks. This was actually my first debate with Christians.
07-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Summary of what's been said?

(Can't see the site from work)

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-04-2014, 02:05 PM
(07-04-2014 02:02 PM)rainingchaos Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 01:57 PM)September Wrote:  I'm not registered as a user on pinterest, but you seem to be handling yourself pretty good out there from what I can tell.

Yes but why would you want to voluntarily go swimming in a sewer?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Concerning the Moon (astronomy being my scientific interest)... Point out the fact that the Moon only provides significant light at night for about a quarter of its orbit.

When New, it can't be seen at all... When a Waxing Crescent it sets very soon after sunset... When a Waining Crescent it rises just before sunrise.

Waxing Half phases are most commonly seen during the afternoon, but remain above the horizon for a few hours after sunset... Waining Half phases rise towards the end of the night and are usually seen in the morning.

Only Full and Gibbous phases are above the horizon all night, and that is dependent on the time of year.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
07-04-2014, 02:07 PM
(07-04-2014 02:02 PM)rainingchaos Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 01:57 PM)September Wrote:  I'm not registered as a user on pinterest, but you seem to be handling yourself pretty good out there from what I can tell.

You did good from what I saw. I haven't actually had a real, full on debate with anyone... since at this point not many outside a few close people even know that I'm an atheist. *lol* That bridge will no doubt be crossed... someday.

"Because I have a right to be heard... I have a voice!"
[+] 1 user Likes September's post
07-04-2014, 02:11 PM
(07-04-2014 02:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Summary of what's been said?

(Can't see the site from work)

The main claim is that Christianity and Science go hand in hand. It's now been reduced to them calling me a fool and claiming that I lack judgement, common sense, and understanding. One person has stated that many artifacts have been found due to the bible, that there is nothing in the bible that is factually incorrect, etc. Some of the most common arguments. I can post some screen shots in about 30 mins.