Please Help - Research Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Please Help - Research Project
(22-12-2013 01:56 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 03:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Adolf Hitler would be the most recent example. Consider

Yea, but he had that cool, Charlie Chaplin mustache! A man who could sport a thing like that can't be all bad!

Nothing but a cheap copy. Charlie did it earlier and ever so much better.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2013, 02:46 PM
(22-12-2013 02:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Lets get that with music, Girly. *hugs*

We're on the same wavelength, Girly. I was reading up and since seeing the comment of Charlie Chaplain and the copying Hitler did with his mustache, my brain went "Hmmm... ya know, this would be a wonderful moment for a really good movie mention." xD

"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-12-2013, 02:52 PM
(22-12-2013 02:35 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 01:56 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Yea, but he had that cool, Charlie Chaplin mustache! A man who could sport a thing like that can't be all bad!

Nothing but a cheap copy. Charlie did it earlier and ever so much better.

We all gotta follow before we can lead!
22-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I done told ya to roll the bones! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tNLvNOu9Mw Ain't yall listinin?
22-12-2013, 02:59 PM
(22-12-2013 02:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Lets get that with music, Girly. *hugs*

We're on the same wavelength, Girly. I was reading up and since seeing the comment of Charlie Chaplain and the copying Hitler did with his mustache, my brain went "Hmmm... ya know, this would be a wonderful moment for a really good movie mention." xD

We think too much and feel too little.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-12-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 04:38 AM by Cathym112.)
Me, PJ. I adopt 3 local families for christmas every year. I send turkeys to their house, with all the accompaniments, and gifts for the family. I am unable to "write that off" since its just word of mouth of someone in need - not through a legit charity. Legit charity is great, but if you want 100% to actually go to the person in need, then you need to do it yourself. I make a point to buy the groceries of the person behind me in line. I leave $100 gift cards in thank you notes and stick them under the wipers of cars with veteran stickers on them. Why? Because I can.

And I give to the waiters and waitresses who serve me by tipping them 100% of the bill. None of this I can write off.

I also donate to To Doctors without borders, I donate millions a year. Millions I say. Just kidding, not millions. I don't have that much dough. I do donate six figures, although the specific amount is just, well, none of your damn business.

The idea of charity is not how much you can give, but simply that you give. And giving without the caveat of preaching and otherwise proselytizing. These people don't even know my name. I just give because i can. I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that PJ hasn't ever done anything for anyone without needing to be recognized for it, or otherwise use it to his advantage.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
23-12-2013, 04:45 AM
(22-12-2013 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed."

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
23-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Again, philanthropy is deeper (at least for theists) than having billions and giving millions or even billions to others. President Obama knows that, why don't you?

Do you have any names of atheists who died self-sacrificially or gave of their time for decades like missionaries to teach reading, language, feed others, or not?

How many millions of Americans give 10% or more to support church work? What do you give to support the poor? And can you name even one famous atheist who lived a life not centered on themselves?

That is all.
23-12-2013, 10:51 AM
(23-12-2013 09:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Again, philanthropy is deeper (at least for theists) than having billions and giving millions or even billions to others. President Obama knows that, why don't you?

Do you have any names of atheists who died self-sacrificially or gave of their time for decades like missionaries to teach reading, language, feed others, or not?

How many millions of Americans give 10% or more to support church work? What do you give to support the poor? And can you name even one famous atheist who lived a life not centered on themselves?

That is all.

Giving to support church work and giving to the poor are not the same. I suggest you learn the difference.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
23-12-2013, 11:14 AM
[Image: not+cool+man.+you+done+gone+pissed+off+t...276702.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop