Please Help - Research Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Please Help - Research Project
I actually don't like missionary work. I've spoken with missionaries and while I support the giving of aid I despise those who go over there preaching. I think it's a form of imperialism and the last acceptable one at that.

There are secular charity works. There's a community in Tulsa of Atheists that does soup kitchens pretty regularly. They don't do this out of fear of God, but because they want to help.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
23-12-2013, 11:59 AM
[quote='PleaseJesus' pid='449211' dateline='1387811539']
[Image: maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn.gif]

That is all.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 12:27 PM
(23-12-2013 09:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Again, philanthropy is deeper (at least for theists) than having billions and giving millions or even billions to others. President Obama knows that, why don't you?

Do you have any names of atheists who died self-sacrificially or gave of their time for decades like missionaries to teach reading, language, feed others, or not?

How many millions of Americans give 10% or more to support church work? What do you give to support the poor? And can you name even one famous atheist who lived a life not centered on themselves?

That is all.

I don't understand what your point is in this. Are you trying to demonstrate that you and people that share your beliefs are superior to those that don't? Trying to gain happiness by belittling others and being void of compassion for them is a lost cause. You are accusing atheists of being selfish people who don't help others - all while you sit on a computer spreading hate instead of being out there helping others yourself. You don't see any hypocrisy in this? You are doing far worse than not helping others - you are trying to hurt others. Confused
[+] 7 users Like Compassion4Life's post
23-12-2013, 06:04 PM
http://themetapicture.com/you-dont-get-a...than-this/
25-12-2013, 10:43 AM
(22-12-2013 02:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Lets get that with music, Girly. *hugs*

We're on the same wavelength, Girly. I was reading up and since seeing the comment of Charlie Chaplain and the copying Hitler did with his mustache, my brain went "Hmmm... ya know, this would be a wonderful moment for a really good movie mention." xD

Cool!