Please Help a Future Military Chaplain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Please Help a Future Military Chaplain
(10-11-2015 08:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  It was the Sgtmaj who gave the instruction. He wanted uniformity and sharpness. He made the words "let us pray" a prepatory command for "bow your head". I think it wasn't necessary peer pressure that was to blame but rather fear of the wrath of the Sgtmaj. Either way, it doesn't seem right.

You outrank him you fucking pussy.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 12:16 PM
(11-11-2015 12:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 08:37 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  It was the Sgtmaj who gave the instruction. He wanted uniformity and sharpness. He made the words "let us pray" a prepatory command for "bow your head". I think it wasn't necessary peer pressure that was to blame but rather fear of the wrath of the Sgtmaj. Either way, it doesn't seem right.

Subtle as always Girly. Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure he said he started off enlisted.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-11-2015, 12:42 PM
(11-11-2015 12:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Yes. But the Colonial who made the request and approved it out ranked me.
11-11-2015, 12:46 PM
(11-11-2015 12:42 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 12:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You outrank him you fucking pussy.
Yes. But the Colonial who made the request and approved it out ranked me.

That makes you an even bigger pussy. The Colonial's request was not lawful or even appropriate and you pussied out by complying. No wonder you want to go from USMC to USN. The Navy is the last bastion for pussies. .... No wait. That's the Coast Guard.

#sigh
11-11-2015, 12:55 PM
(11-11-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 12:42 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Yes. But the Colonial who made the request and approved it out ranked me.

That makes you an even bigger pussy. The Colonial's request was not lawful or even appropriate and you pussied out by complying. No wonder you want to go from USMC to USN. The Navy is the last bastion for pussies. .... No wait. That's the Coast Guard.
Lol.
11-11-2015, 01:02 PM
(11-11-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 12:42 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Yes. But the Colonial who made the request and approved it out ranked me.

Until we get the drug war under control, the puddle pirates probably see more action than most squids Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
11-11-2015, 01:05 PM
(11-11-2015 01:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That makes you an even bigger pussy. The Colonial's request was not lawful or even appropriate and you pussied out by complying. No wonder you want to go from USMC to USN. The Navy is the last bastion for pussies. .... No wait. That's the Coast Guard.

Until we get the drug war under control, the puddle pirates probably see more action than most squids Tongue
What have I started....happy veterans day everyone. 😀
[+] 3 users Like jason_delisle's post
11-11-2015, 01:38 PM
(11-11-2015 10:01 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  In regards to the regulations for the chaplain confidentiality, here is the regulation you can google.

SECNAV Instruction 1730.9: Confidential Communications to Chaplains

If you read the regulation there is no exceptions mentioned. Including suicidal thoughts or confessions to murder.

I read it but the legalese confuses me. I don't see that it clearly forbids such an exception - the wording is 'confidential communications' and these are defined as "acts of religion, matters of conscience, and any other information conveyed to a Navy chaplain in the chaplain's role as a spiritual advisor that is not intended to be disclosed to third persons". I don't know if a confession of murder could be reasonably termed a matter of conscience. I think was I a chaplain I'd risk it. *Even though* they say they might take away your chaplain-hood.

I also see it as a negative that you have such a strong legal protection for that. It may be beneficial in terms of keeping the army/navy running, and it may just be the way things are done in your armed forces, but I think it's a dangerous thing. And my objection to a religious person holding such an office remains - I can't see that religious training prepares one for such a responsibility.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-11-2015, 02:35 PM
(11-11-2015 11:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 07:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Chaplin school?

[Image: Charlie%20Chaplin%201920x1080.jpg]

Duck it. You know my phone hates me. Weeping

I thought you did the "Chaplin school" thing on purpose!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post