Please Help a Future Military Chaplain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Please Help a Future Military Chaplain
(10-11-2015 09:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:10 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I think you don't understand that it is not about the wars or the policies or even the people who set them.....its about the service member. Do you really think a Marine on the front line really cares about policy? A good Marine would be only worried about his fellow Marines and how not to let them down. A chaplain's priorities are no different. They are focused on the service member and worry only about how they can help them and not anyone down. You have a lot to learn about the military my friend.

Now YOU are calling the marines stupid. Yes, I would entirely expect a marine to care about what he or she is doing. Remember the :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre
You MUST be concerned about what you are doing or promoting. But I see you really HAVE given over your brain to support whatever it is they think they are up to, and say "Oh. I'm just supporting the soldiers. Sounds like a Nazi chaplain could have said the same thing. I will never be willing to do that.
Ok. Obviously you don't know me. Let me introduce myself. I am currently an active duty captain in the United States Marine Corps. I enlisted in 2004 and served 7 years as an enlisted Marine before I got my commissioning. I am now an officer in charge of over a hundred Marines who range from private to Gunnery Sergeant. So I don't think you can even fathom how ridiculous it sounds to me when a 22 year old kid with absolutely no military experience tries assume he knows more about Marines than I do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jason_delisle's post
10-11-2015, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 09:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-11-2015 09:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Now YOU are calling the marines stupid. Yes, I would entirely expect a marine to care about what he or she is doing. Remember the :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre
You MUST be concerned about what you are doing or promoting. But I see you really HAVE given over your brain to support whatever it is they think they are up to, and say "Oh. I'm just supporting the soldiers. Sounds like a Nazi chaplain could have said the same thing. I will never be willing to do that.
Ok. Obviously you don't know me. Let me introduce myself. I am currently an active duty captain in the United States Marine Corps. I enlisted in 2004 and served 7 years as an enlisted Marine before I got my commissioning. I am now an officer in charge of over a hundred Marines who range from private to Gunnery Sergeant. So I don't think you can even fathom how ridiculous it sounds to me when a 22 year old kid with absolutely no military experience tries assume he knows more about Marines than I do.

Good for you.
All beside the point. You've answered none of the important questions, and obviously can't. I really don't care what "sounds ridiculous" to you.
I never said I know more about the marines than anyone. Did they teach you to lie in chaplain school ?

I'll leave you to your more IMPORTANT questions about who can baptize whom.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-11-2015, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 10:11 PM by jason_delisle.)
(10-11-2015 09:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Ok. Obviously you don't know me. Let me introduce myself. I am currently an active duty captain in the United States Marine Corps. I enlisted in 2004 and served 7 years as an enlisted Marine before I got my commissioning. I am now an officer in charge of over a hundred Marines who range from private to Gunnery Sergeant. So I don't think you can even fathom how ridiculous it sounds to me when a 22 year old kid with absolutely no military experience tries assume he knows more about Marines than I do.

Good for you.
All beside the point. You've answered none of the important questions, and obviously can't. I really don't care what "sounds ridiculous" to you.
I never said I know more about the marines than anyone. Did they teach you to lie in chaplain school ?

I'll leave you to your more IMPORTANT questions about who can baptize whom.
What important questions are you talking about? Are chaplains stupid for supporting stupidity, or are grunts stupid for supporting stupidity? I already answered your question on why the government is paying for chaplains. So what are these "important questions" you are talking about?
10-11-2015, 10:07 PM
(10-11-2015 08:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Perhaps the system does need to be changed. I think having secular counseling professionals would do a lot of good. However there is one quality that unfortunately is ONLY given to military chaplains. That is absolute discretion. Chaplains are protected by law and cannot be forced in ANY circumstances to disclose ANYTHING to ANYONE for ANY REASON. Even secular professionals don't have that protection....yet.

That's not a point in favor of keeping chaplains though. It is just a privilege that may need to be extended to secular counselors instead.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-11-2015, 10:15 PM
(10-11-2015 10:07 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 08:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Perhaps the system does need to be changed. I think having secular counseling professionals would do a lot of good. However there is one quality that unfortunately is ONLY given to military chaplains. That is absolute discretion. Chaplains are protected by law and cannot be forced in ANY circumstances to disclose ANYTHING to ANYONE for ANY REASON. Even secular professionals don't have that protection....yet.

That's not a point in favor of keeping chaplains though. It is just a privilege that may need to be extended to secular counselors instead.
I agree to an extent. The point that I was trying to make is that I would support the idea of having secular counselors given those same protections rather than removing chaplains entirely. Unfortunately, they don't yet.
10-11-2015, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 10:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-11-2015 09:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Let me introduce myself.

So let me introduce to you
The one and only Billy Shears

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2015, 10:31 PM
(10-11-2015 10:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Let me introduce myself.

[Image: c0710722dc64ff5c75dd3d34456a04cf.jpg]
10-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Let's all try to remember this is personal issues and support.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2015, 10:43 PM
(10-11-2015 10:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Let's all try to remember this is personal issues and support.

[Image: b2c299848bbca2a78d6f1897eb22dadf.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post