Please Share The Experience That Confirmed You Were an Atheist/Agnostic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Rainbow RE: Please Share The Experience That Confirmed You Were an Atheist/Agnostic
(24-05-2013 04:03 AM)fat cat Wrote:  I really can't recall whether I ever truly believed in God or not, nor can I recall when I felt certain I did not believe in God, but I'm thinking it was sometime in mid to late high school.

(24-05-2013 12:30 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I finally realized that schools and religion don't belong together and I also wondered how science teachers could be religious and believe in God.

Many theistic beliefs pertain to unobservable events, so for some people science neither supports nor refutes their beliefs.

Also, religion and school belonging together is a matter of perception. Yes, we may see problems with it as evidenced by peoples' religious beliefs skewing their perception on other matters, but if people can logically organize their "beliefs" and "knowledge", then such problems can be avoided.

(24-05-2013 01:03 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Three seconds later I knew that was bullshit and that god didn't exist.

Don't you mean you believed god didn't exist?

(24-05-2013 02:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  that they were serious about believing in this invisible man in the sky.

Are you ignorant to the fact that many believers don't believe God is an invisible man in the sky?

(24-05-2013 02:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's when I started to realize how fucking retarded the world was.

"Fucking retarded" as opposed to people who make broad and vague generalizations?

(24-05-2013 02:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Then it wasn't until I came here, to TTA, that I realized truly how fucking retarded the world was and even to this day I am lost for words at the... stupidity.. of people that share this planet with me. It truly blows me away and I can't wrap my head around it, still.

I'd suggest you try recognizing there are far more people in the world than you've ever been exposed to.

You're quite the troll, huh? You should get laid or something instead of spending your time trying to provoke people with pointless comments. Smile.Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: Please Share The Experience That Confirmed You Were an Atheist/Agnostic
I also never really believed in God. Just went through the motions like a good Christian boy should. The moment I realized the brilliant mind-slavery of it all was when my family and I bounced from Mormon, to Non-Denominational, to New Age religions with them all having a similar sour taste with no meaningful impact. Somewhere between there and losing my virginity and experiencing alcohol surprisingly made me feel more free and "spiritual" than I ever had when I was thoughtless peon in the rat race of religion. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Munzi89's post
29-05-2013, 06:54 AM
(29-05-2013 04:22 AM)Munzi89 Wrote:  You're quite the troll, huh? You should get laid or something instead of spending your time trying to provoke people with pointless comments. Smile.Heart

If a "troll" is someone who tries to provoke others, then I think you misunderstand me, because I don't intend to provoke anybody, but I would have to know what you consider provocation to say with confidence. Were you trying to provoke me by writing that post? If so, are you a "troll"? How do you determine whether comments are "pointless" or not?
29-05-2013, 03:39 PM
I had a very shitty month. I moved in with two people I thought were my friends. I hoped to save money to get my own place in a nicer town than the one I've lived in all my life, make new friends, and possibly have a girlfriend. At the end of it all I had no money saved because I gave my roomates and my family money because they asked for it, I hadn't made any new friends, two girls I liked romantically rejected me, one of the girls I liked talked pure shit to me and didn't even ask me my side of the story, the four year old I lived with drove me nuts because she wanted my attention every single minute of every single day, and my roomates were controlling and criticized me constantly. Everything that could've went right went wrong. If there was a time for God to make something positive happen in my life then that was it. But he didn't. After I realized that God was doing nothing in my life I also came to the conclusion that he was doing nothing in anyone else's life either. The more I thought about it the less sense a God of any kind made to me. Not only did I lose my faith in God but also in people. I moved back to the shithole I've always lived in because I now have little interest in meeting new people. Maybe one day I'll venture out into the world again but for now I'm just keeping to myself. ~hope

"Believe me, nothing is trivial." ~Eric Draven
29-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Nope.

Humans are complete cunts, regardless if there is a god or not.

But if we were designed in gods image, it makes sense that we would be complete cunts: 'cause god isa a complete cunt too. Just read Its books.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-05-2013, 04:01 PM
When I found that my son had been molested by a man that I thought I loved. No loving god would let such a horrid thing happen to a child.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
29-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Again: God is a cunt.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-05-2013, 04:05 PM
(29-05-2013 04:01 PM)smidgen Wrote:  When I found that my son had been molested by a man that I thought I loved. No loving god would let such a horrid thing happen to a child.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Today, I learned a lot about what you your family have been through. There are no words to comfort anyone about something like this. (None that I can come up with.)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
29-05-2013, 04:20 PM
(29-05-2013 03:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Nope.

Humans are complete cunts, regardless if there is a god or not.

But if we were designed in gods image, it makes sense that we would be complete cunts: 'cause god isa a complete cunt too. Just read Its books.

Thanks Free Thought Shy I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks people are assholes. Once I told someone that I don't like people because I find them to be arrogant, judgmental, and apathetic. She replied by saying that if I don't judge them then they won't judge me. This is also the same person that didn't even know what to say to me after I told her I didn't believe in God and whose answer to everything was to pray. What she fails to understand is that I wasn't born with my "bad attitude", I was taught it through experience with people. Thanks for understanding. ~hope

"Believe me, nothing is trivial." ~Eric Draven
[+] 2 users Like desperate believer's post
29-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Me and my son are good, it's 14 years in the past and my son is a good man with a good woman.
Yes again god is a cunt and Peanut are you in need of a hug and some love. It's something that no one wants to experience. And I only know the mothers side. But the best part is that the man is still in jail to this day all this 14 years later. But any mother that could believe in a god after something like this happens to there child is the same type of mother that would support the man that she was with instead of her child.
Their was a detective that told me words that I will never forget till the day I die. She said that I was not the norm that I totally and with my life supported my child instead of the molester, my ex husband, not his father. I was in shock at her words when she told me how proud she was of me. I need to look this woman up and thank her after all these years.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]