Please help me out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Please help me out
I'm needing you guys help, you see my mother is a christian and she wants to know from our side "Skeptic/atheist" about a topic that somebody in my family gave her as information. They claimed they found Noah's ark on top of a mountain and this was inside of a documentary. I told her that i believe i new what one she was talking about and it wasn't actually true and that claim is very old. Does anybody here have a link that she can go to debunking this and explaining in detail why this isn't true, with "Evidence scientifically" thank you so much if you can help me here.
Me and my mom are trying to get along again, and not just over religion and i really just want a link but something that "won't call her a idiot" please, because it'll help me.
And my second request is
could you guys please help me find a link that explains how Noah's ark wasn't able to be built properly even with the best people.

I'm not trying to change her mind, but she asked for my side.
And note the people who told her this and talk to her are from a fundamentalist church so it'll be hard to get around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Please help me out
(14-12-2014 04:09 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  I'm needing you guys help, you see my mother is a christian and she wants to know from our side "Skeptic/atheist" about a topic that somebody in my family gave her as information. They claimed they found Noah's ark on top of a mountain and this was inside of a documentary. I told her that i believe i new what one she was talking about and it wasn't actually true and that claim is very old. Does anybody here have a link that she can go to debunking this and explaining in detail why this isn't true, with "Evidence scientifically" thank you so much if you can help me here.
Me and my mom are trying to get along again, and not just over religion and i really just want a link but something that "won't call her a idiot" please, because it'll help me.
And my second request is
could you guys please help me find a link that explains how Noah's ark wasn't able to be built properly even with the best people.

I'm not trying to change her mind, but she asked for my side.
And note the people who told her this and talk to her are from a fundamentalist church so it'll be hard to get around.

Try this link.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-12-2014, 04:17 PM
http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2014, 07:09 PM
(14-12-2014 04:09 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  And my second request is

I would suggest watching the Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate. It is a bit long but Bill takes it apart extremely well and it is very easy to follow. WARNING: you may get a massive headache from facepalming!!! Link

If too long, here is a 5 minute version where he specifically talks about what you ask. Link

Also, Thunderf00t did a video after the debate on something that Ken said and I think Bill either forgot about or missed. Link

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
14-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Dawkins?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
15-12-2014, 03:30 AM
(14-12-2014 07:18 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Dawkins?

I found a link i gave to her thanks to everyone Smile
but sorry i don't think i can do dwakins she'd look him up and then get pissed of after hearing he calls her beliefs a disillusion Big Grin however i'll watch it i never believed though in the ark.
15-12-2014, 03:33 AM
(14-12-2014 07:09 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 04:09 PM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  And my second request is

I would suggest watching the Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate. It is a bit long but Bill takes it apart extremely well and it is very easy to follow. WARNING: you may get a massive headache from facepalming!!! Link

If too long, here is a 5 minute version where he specifically talks about what you ask. Link

Also, Thunderf00t did a video after the debate on something that Ken said and I think Bill either forgot about or missed. Link

I have a few links now Smile
and she actually watched that debate the day it went live and claimed it was a hoax
as in the entire thing was a hoax. Yeah she most likely got that idea from my crazy cushions who can't take evidence without getting mad.
15-12-2014, 03:49 AM
For a reference to the impossibility of building the ark, look no further than Ken Ham's ark project, which is taking some gazillion dollar budget, heavy construction equipment and requiring years to complete, yet ol' Noah supposedly banged his together with hand-tools and the help of his sons?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-12-2014, 07:13 AM
The whole idea of a supreme being who made humans and everything else with a snap of the fingers now needing the help of one of these humans to save the animals, etc. is beyond laughable.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
15-12-2014, 07:44 AM
RationalPoet..........People who are so deeply convinced that that fictional story happened are going to be impossible to convince.

The geological science alone debunks that story. .The moral aspect also makes the story vile. It is an act of genocide putting human beings in the position of mere property that you can throw away like trash. And exactly how did Noah get dangerous and poisonous animals on the Ark with no injury or death? And incest would have had to happen to repopulate the planet.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37