Please present a better explanation for our existence than Theism

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2.75 Average
26-05-2011, 08:04 PM
RE: Please present a better explanation for our existence than Theism
[Image: littlemermaid.jpg]

Are you kidding me? A chick who is completely innocent to the ways of the world, was just recently given a brand new vagina, AND is incapable of speaking?

No contest.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 08:05 PM

(26-05-2011 07:41 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(26-05-2011 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  What exactly is false about them is left as an exercise for the class.

I was actually going to play along and "ding" in with the reasons why they are wrong, until I realized that the answer to all of the statements is:

"Well, that's just simply incorrect."

So my responses would've been something like DING! Wrong. DING! Wrong. DING! Wrong again.
Oh come now, we can integrate the fun. Tongue As in, both yours and UB's suggestion traipsing down the thread together.

No. *Ding*

I like to think of a delicate silver bell, and every time it rings a Fundamentalist implodes. Smile

Now if only I could get that bell chorus to stop playing in my head. Optimist, I know, I know.

(26-05-2011 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  'GassyKitten' pid='32478' dateline='1306454287']Because in truth I think they very well could be an atheist. And they front as a Theist, while Trolling atheist sites because they're weird like that. And because no self-respecting Theist would insult what they hold as truth in their heart, when they also hold as truth their god is watching.

Hoo boy, are you ever sheltered. As far as online theists go, ElShadai is actually one of the less amazingly stupid and self-deceiving that I have come across. He simply repeats himself. He doesn't dig himself deeper.
I am sheltered actually. I try to avoid discourse with alleged theists such as that what El examples. I have joined religious forums in the past and even of late, so as to engage in discussions. However, I've not found anyone that presents themselves as El. Which is what prompted my observation about Theists generally. I should amend my former statement to, "...I doubt none but the most ignorant believer would insult what they hold as truth in their heart, when they also hold as truth their god is watching." Then again, that probably does nothing to prove I am any less sheltered. I'll just shut up now. Here, in my cubby, in the dark, wide eyed and disappointed in meself. SadTongue
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 08:15 PM
(26-05-2011 07:41 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I was actually going to play along and "ding" in with the reasons why they are wrong, until I realized that the answer to all of the statements is:

"Well, that's just simply incorrect."

So my responses would've been something like DING! Wrong. DING! Wrong. DING! Wrong again.

Exactly. So let's all try it together now. See how many false statements you can find in L's next post. The winner gets internet cake.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-05-2011, 08:20 PM

(26-05-2011 08:15 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Exactly. So let's all try it together now. See how many false statements you can find in L's next post. The winner gets internet cake.

Can we place bets? Huh
26-05-2011, 08:25 PM
(26-05-2011 08:20 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  
(26-05-2011 08:15 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Exactly. So let's all try it together now. See how many false statements you can find in L's next post. The winner gets internet cake.

Can we place bets? Huh

Sure. I'm offering 10:1 odds on "less than nine".

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-05-2011, 08:27 PM

(26-05-2011 08:25 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-05-2011 08:20 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  

Can we place bets? Huh

Sure. I'm offering 10:1 odds on "less than nine".

[Image: Chocolate%20Cake.jpg]
[Image: Chocolate%20Cake.jpg][Image: Chocolate%20Cake.jpg]
[Image: Chocolate%20Cake.jpg][Image: Chocolate%20Cake.jpg][Image: Chocolate%20Cake.jpg]

I'm all in! Cool
26-05-2011, 08:49 PM

(26-05-2011 07:42 PM)ElShadai Wrote:  the bible just reports historical facts. but nowhere it says cannibalism is ok.
No. *Ding*

That is not true. All of the verses I cited relate to god's approval of cannibalism, because god also made people to practice cannibalism.

Leviticus 26:28-29 (New International Version)

28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

What I always find fascinating about Fundamentalist Christians, is they claim to believe the Bible is the absolute irrefutable inerrant word of their god. And they very often claim to obey god's word, without question. And yet, they lie. Every single time they proclaim that, because they do not know what their bible says so as to obey it's words without question.
They don't kill their children in front of the church, having taken them there for the elders to stone to death because the child(ren) sassed them. The Fundy wears garments made of two different threads. They wear perfume on Thursday. They don't beat their wife, though some do, so that's an exception. They call the police when their daughter is raped, rather than selling her to her rapist as wife . Unless of course she seemed to enjoy the violation in which case she's killed by her father.

All those many laws of god, besides what many think are just the 10 of Moshe/Moses, are either ignored, not known, or excused with the unpardonable ignorance that goes something like; well, that's the old testament, and when Jesus died on the cross he fulfilled the prophecy so those things no longer apply.
When that also is untrue. Jesus did not fulfill the prophecy and the law. Jesus said the law of god shall endure until heaven and earth are passed away. And since we're still here....

The other thing that's always interesting when discussing the Bible with Theists is, their insistence on claiming it to be the word of god and yet when they can't handle god's words they attempt to explain what he was actually saying.

It's like when the President finishes a speech on national TV. There's these talking heads sitting at their commentator tables polished and brilliant, reading from the monitors as they, who watched the same thing the rest of us did, attempt to tell us what the man just said. Yeah! We heard. There he was after his speech writers spent days, maybe even weeks writing the latest bullshit script for the rest of us to hear and digest with a handful of Tums as chaser, and particularly when it's the State of the Union Address after both sides of the aisle pander to the moment with a rhythm of sit, clap, cheer as if they're living the example; can't we all get along? Yes, we are right now.
But come the morrow they'll be at odds again. And meanwhile when even that is finished, some talking head attempts to tell us what the President said and what it means.

Theists are very often like that. They can't handle the words as written, so they attempt to tell others who point out the deviance in scripture as "breathed" by their supreme being, those words that shall endure forever and are not to be changed else god's wrath shall fall upon one so bold, what god actually meant.
It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that that historic fiction has been the cudgel wielded against the people of the world so as to oppress nations, and suppress intelligence in it's name.
That those who first accept and live as absolute truth their own damnable station in life, as ordained by their god, are worthy of speaking for a higher power when they themselves genuflect to the notion they are low life's unworthy of that god's love and attention even in utero. Talk about nerve!
We the sinners know what god really meant to say.

It just goes to prove faith precludes fact. Yet, for a fact, Theists very often prove they don't actually believe as they say they do, else they'd be able to live with the god the Bible says exists. Chapter and verse.

And now I'm finished feeding you dear, ElTroll.
It's unfortunate this is how you choose to waste your life, losing irretrievable moments to the pursuit of this strange hobby. I wonder what it is that made you think so little of yourself that you'd commit, even anonymously on the net and yet personally, mentally and emotionally to give your real life moments to such transparent poorly argued nonsense as that what you've exampled thus far. Both here and elsewhere in forums.
Have you no honor? Have you no life? Are you that starved for attention? Are you that lonely for a real life? Or is it that you just enjoy this? Which makes you a masochist.
Which would make you a proper Fundamentalist Christian after all.
Goodbye ElTroll. Smile

(26-05-2011 08:04 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  [Image: littlemermaid.jpg]

Are you kidding me? A chick who is completely innocent to the ways of the world, was just recently given a brand new vagina, AND is incapable of speaking?

No contest.
Oh man, that is soooo wrong in so many ways.

Mainly because we're even discussing pixel vagina's!
Ignoring her hammer toes, isn't easy. Then again, it's a Mermaid so what do you want? Tongue

Besides, Sleeping Beauty is sexier hands down. No pruning. Anywhere.

Evil, eeeeevil cartoon chic visual screw up interjection. Yeah, I know.

*edit* Typo fix.
26-05-2011, 09:56 PM
(26-05-2011 07:59 PM)ElShadai Wrote:  
(26-05-2011 05:05 PM)MikeNH Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 09:53 PM)ElShadai Wrote:  I do not believe in macroevolution. micro evolution however is a unquestionable , proven fact.

[Image: xWpvw.jpg]

your example is evidenced through what, exactly ?

My example is simply a visual and some text explaining how micro and macro evolution are essentially the same processes but over different time-scales, that's all. Do you not understand this?

I would be interested in knowing how you would explain vestigial pelvises in many species of snakes and whales or vestigial eyes in blind cave-dwelling bat species?
27-05-2011, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 05:54 AM by NotSoVacuous.)
I really don't understand why this hasn't been brought up. The OP stated he believed in Jesus Christ, but not in any religion. Now obviously he would have to have stolen it from a religion to have obtained the name. All I see is a theist slowly converting to deism but is too blind to let one simple belief go, the name.

You can't sit there and tell me you know it is Jesus. I would be fully contempt if you were to say you were a deist, but a theist? Come on mate, you know and I know that is rhetorical non sense. Let's just clear that up first.

P.S. This might sound rough textured, but after reading 90% of this thread ( getting to the rest ) I will have to say I think it is clearly obvious the OP does not have the facts about evolution that are clear and evident. Another sad thing is, he lacks the knowledge of the existence of quotes in the bible when any atheist here can pick it up and go straight to it.
27-05-2011, 06:58 AM
ElShadai

You remind me of a quote I read somewhere:
Debating with a creationist is like playing chess with a pigeon
you make the correct move and he topples over the pieces, shits on the board
flies off and claims a victory
(I don't know who said this)

Dude...
You are one hell of a shape-shifter. You start by asking a serious question and when you see all your counter arguments are refuted or proven incorrect, you back off to an other form of religion. One time you bring in deistic arguments, another time Christian arguments. You seem really nitpicky when it comes to biblical evidence or religious dogma while getting lost in your arguments...

Do you know for yourself what you believe in? Can you write that out? I challenge you to try that. I did and it worked wonders for me.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post