Please present explanations which make philosophical naturalism plausible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Please present explanations which make philosophical naturalism plausible

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
17-03-2013, 02:27 PM
(16-03-2013 07:18 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 04:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it. No

Quit making baseless assertions.

Prove It.
Cosmological constant. google.
17-03-2013, 02:29 PM
(16-03-2013 07:23 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  Your screen name is Godexists. I've said it before: burden of proof is on you. If you want me to believe in your bullshit, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. You come along thinking you're so clever, that you have the ONE TRUE ARGUMENT that will put us heathens in our place and PROVE once and for all that your god is real. Get off your high horse. Been there, done that. If you could actually prove god's existence, you wouldn't be placing a detailed list you found on Wikipedia in an atheist forum and telling us to prove to YOU that god doesn't exist--no, you'd be on fucking Fox News hoping to get rich. This is like the damn probability fallacy, just as useless but we have to pull the information for you like you're supremely incapable. Start a thread with one topic, not all of them. You wouldn't want me to come to a religious forum and do the same.
I have not asked to prove that God does not exist. How about you read my first post more carefully ? you are welcome to come to my forum and make your point.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/

i just ask you to be POLITE and respectful, in the same manner as i am here with everybody.
17-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Wait...you have your own forum? Why are here then?

Shoo fly.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-03-2013, 02:47 PM
(17-03-2013 02:29 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 07:23 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  Your screen name is Godexists. I've said it before: burden of proof is on you. If you want me to believe in your bullshit, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. You come along thinking you're so clever, that you have the ONE TRUE ARGUMENT that will put us heathens in our place and PROVE once and for all that your god is real. Get off your high horse. Been there, done that. If you could actually prove god's existence, you wouldn't be placing a detailed list you found on Wikipedia in an atheist forum and telling us to prove to YOU that god doesn't exist--no, you'd be on fucking Fox News hoping to get rich. This is like the damn probability fallacy, just as useless but we have to pull the information for you like you're supremely incapable. Start a thread with one topic, not all of them. You wouldn't want me to come to a religious forum and do the same.
I have not asked to prove that God does not exist. How about you read my first post more carefully ? you are welcome to come to my forum and make your point.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/

i just ask you to be POLITE and respectful, in the same manner as i am here with everybody.
[Image: haroldcamping_bible_troll.jpg]

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
17-03-2013, 03:04 PM
(17-03-2013 05:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 08:06 PM)Godexists Wrote:  this was just a small selection......

feel free to invent more pseudo explanations for all these fine tune parameters :

http://www.reasons.org/articles/fine-tun...e-universe

Let me make this very simple for you, idiot troll. You have STILL not answered the question posed to you on page ONE of your idiot thread. DEGIGN is a process. It requires the movement from time 1 to time 2. Non-designed to designed. Get it. That's what "designed" means. A "design" "happens" BEFORE the fact of the thing designed. Existence requires absolute linnear time. You have no clue what goes on, if anything, outside this universe. You can only speak of what happens INside it, at this point. Space and TIME are a part of your (supposedly) "designed" universe. Spacetime are relative, as proven by Einstein, to speed and accelerration. and NOTHING "happens" (by definition) outside spacetime. You STILL have not explained how a god, which NEEDS TIME to design his crap, can DO THAT, BEFORE he creates time. So please stop your nonsense of "design" until you have taken care of the basics, and explained how a god can "exist" BEFORE she creates time, and how and why that makes any sense. Until and unless you can, all the rest is a waste. Do it, or shut the fuck up. (Even your little Billy Craig knows it presents a problem, so maybe go ask him. He has no answer either, but go ask the idiot. Maybe you'll learn something. I doubt it.)

You continue to attempt to ignore the temporal question. Everyone has noticed you have failed to address it. The cosmological constant is irrelevant. What appears to be logical to humans is not the nature of Reality, as proven by Einstein, Heisenberg and Dirac. Try harder, troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2013, 07:27 PM
This is a good example of what GodExists is doing.

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
17-03-2013, 08:03 PM
(17-03-2013 02:27 PM)Godexists Wrote:  Cosmological constant. google.

Your the one claiming there is reason to believe no universe would exist without the constant being that specific value. You don't send someone off on a goose chase to find the evidence your claiming exists.

This is almost as bas as asing a christian for evidence their god exists, and them telling you to read the bible.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

17-03-2013, 08:16 PM
(17-03-2013 08:03 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 02:27 PM)Godexists Wrote:  Cosmological constant. google.

Your the one claiming there is reason to believe no universe would exist without the constant being that specific value. You don't send someone off on a goose chase to find the evidence your claiming exists.

This is almost as bas as asing a christian for evidence their god exists, and them telling you to read the bible.
Stephen Hawking

“If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, the universe would have re-collapsed before it ever reached its present size.
17-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey, God.

That's pretty damn compelling lol. Quite the pwnage you managed there. I'm very curious to see people's reactions.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post