Please present explanations which make philosophical naturalism plausible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 02:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Please present explanations which make philosophical naturalism plausible
Neuro-science has proven there is no such thing as free will, troll. Try harder. Your choices are made before you are conscious of them. It's been proven by PET scan technology and MRI scans. To quote some idiot I think I heard here once, "google it".
You don't have free will. Your choices are very much constrained. Can you tell your god to go fuck himself ? No one is "free" to accept bullshit, such as you spout.
Even your Jebus said, "no one shall come to me, unless the father draw him". "Many are called, but few are chosen". How is it you know nothing about your own cult, and what your Jebus said ? You never read the Babble ? When are you going to explain the temporal conundrum, and how god "existed" before she created spacetime. If your pathetic "design" argument is so compelling, why don't most cosmologists buy your crap ? Why doesn't Laurence Krauss with a PhD in Physics, which you do not have, believe your line of BS, if it's such a good argument ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-03-2013, 04:37 AM
You want a good explanation for why we have a naturalistic world view of reality vs. a fantasy world view of reality ?

The best explanation I can give is that I desire evidential facts over fiction.
I desire to know the truth.

Faith & religious doctrine only shows you what your religion believes. Everything else is hidden away.
Take away what knowledge science has discovered about the world and you're outside camping trying to make a fire each night praying to your god that the wolves don't attack while you sleep.

Why do I pick the world view of natural explanations for storms vs the fantasy of Thor smashing his hammer to create the sound of thunder ?

Answer that one question and you will have your answer to all of them.

Why would I do that ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
23-03-2013, 02:49 AM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2013, 02:03 PM
(23-03-2013 02:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Nihilism in a goddam nutshell. ... Thanks BallingBucky. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
23-03-2013, 02:24 PM
(13-03-2013 05:11 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Please present evidence, that makes naturalistic explanations plausible in regard of :

the existence and origin of the universe
its fine tuning
existence of planets
chemical evolution
abiogenesis
sex
morals
conscience
the hability of speech
complex and codified information stored in DNA
Simplistic answer is normally the right one. Since all we see is naturalistic things it would be arrogant of us to suggest other wise.

The question can be spun on to you, please give us evidence of a supernatural explanation that has evidence.

So, what we got here is, what is more plausible. The probability of natural events, since we can only detect natural events suggests its more probable over something that is supernatural, which we cant detect.

Hell..I would LIKE my lawn gnome to come alive and cut the grass for me, yet the probability of that happening is so low...I probably should just cut it myself.......unless evidence arises suggesting otherwise.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
[+] 1 user Likes StorMFront's post
23-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Free will? what the fuck is this? can we break the laws of nature? can we do anything without consequences? If we cant do those two things, there is nothing free about it. Its a stupid statement, just like if someone stated they found the edge of the earth.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
23-03-2013, 07:18 PM
[Image: qbJJc8t.jpg]

Basically sums up the thread.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Dang Gwynnies. Gets into my mind Friday, making me a giggly and stuff, got rainbows coming out my ass; then it is Tuesday. And I'm... meh. So go fill my Gwynnies-sized hole with science, a usual after-effect...

Did I mention, dang Gwynnies? Big Grin

So it's been the past ten hours on "the hard problem of consciousness," and a five page PDF for this fucking topic...

http://www.pnas.org/content/100/9/5520.full.pdf

Breakdown of the theory of neuronal group selection. See, these Kalam SAPs like to dance their numerology and confuse the issue with a bunch of sciency-sounding pronouncements followed by a "can't explain that," for what they perceive to be a debating victory.

But you take the soul outta their sails, and it's game over. Thumbsup

Did I mention, dang Gwynnies?

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2013, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 03:01 AM by TheJackal.)
(13-03-2013 05:11 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Please present evidence, that makes naturalistic explanations plausible in regard of :

the existence and origin of the universe
its fine tuning
existence of planets
chemical evolution
abiogenesis
sex
morals
conscience
the hability of speech
complex and codified information stored in DNA

One word..

Existence

1.Existence is the origin of everything in and of existence. That includes the Universe
2.Existence is Causality , and thus fine tunes itself, and thus how else do you think reality is fine tuned to support the existence of a conscious mind much-less billions of others known to be of existence? How else could life be without existence.
3. See 1
4. See 1 and 2
5. See 1 and 2
6 See 1 and 2
7. See 1 and 2
8. See 1 and 2
9. See 1 and 2
10. See 1 and 2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Naturalism = Nihilism? nietzsche101 175 1,528 Today 11:43 AM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf
  Somebody Could Probably Make A Good Buck Off Christians For This WindyCityJazz 6 117 17-07-2014 11:12 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  What do you make of this type of Christianity? Nogon 11 226 16-07-2014 08:03 AM
Last Post: Zoli
  Coward Fence Sitters, Make a Choice elconquistador 22 364 25-04-2014 05:00 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Nag Hammadi texts. What do Christians make of them? Eva 12 251 04-04-2014 02:24 AM
Last Post: Eva
  Did Mom Make a Sound Argument??? Misanthropik 97 1,944 05-02-2014 03:05 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Bible explanations \ Guide Sovby 4 264 06-01-2014 04:40 AM
Last Post: Vosur