Please provide a Geocentric diagram

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 05:06 AM
RE: Please provide a Geocentric diagram
(05-02-2013 07:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't have to prove shit, Tidal Forces have already been established as the most likely and mathematically sound basis for the tides. It's up to you to prove not only how they are wrong, but to come up with something that has better precision and explanatory powers than our current models. Then get that verified in peer review.

You're mathematical and scientific ignorance does not prove that the Sun revolves around the Earth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_force
Here is another vain philosophy of science. It states that in order to disprove a theory that you must advance a superior theory which is mathematical and has better modeling etc. This is a logical fallacy. Its like saying that an accused man cannot be proven innocent unless a more likely suspect can be identified.
Why does a superior theory need to be mathematical and physical? This is another philosophy. Its quite feasible to simply state 'We don't know' what causes the tides. That is the truth of the matter. But that strikes at the arrogance of science and mankind in general who seeks answers for all things without any reference to a God who created the world and sustains it through his sovereign power. As I said in my previous post. Perhaps the truth of the matter is that God by his sovereign and daily intervention and supernatural power, lifts up the waters in the places of his choosing. If that is the truth of the matter then how will mankind ever come to this knowledge? Mankind never will come to this knowledge except by revelation from God himself. Yet science and most of mankind rejects the special revelation from God and attempts to supplant the revelations of God with naturalistic explanations of things which stretch credulity to absurd levels.
Not good enough.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 05:18 AM
(28-01-2013 10:28 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Okay, . . . just a quick comment. For the entirety of the universe to move around a stationary earth, . . . would the more distant materials [by default] more faster than near objects? For them to seem to have the same speed in the sky, they can't have the same actual "speed". If they did, closer objects would rotate faster. You wouldn't see the same constellations each night. It would be a different sky each night.
This is correct, however the early geocentrist cosmologists portrayed the stars relatively close together. Their model had the stars just outside the solar system and in
their own stellar sphere. Any physicist today could make a model like this work if they wanted to, but they have a paradigm to uphold to keep the grant money coming in. These guys have to come up with black holes and dark matter to make their model work. If you can stretch reality that far then you can make any model of your choosing work.
20-08-2013, 06:24 AM
(19-08-2013 05:18 AM)excubitor Wrote:  If you can stretch reality that far then you can make any model of your choosing work.
You mean like forcing the stars in your model to be clumped together so that they can rotate around the Earth at non-ludicrous speeds?

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
20-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Well. That's... special.

... this is my signature!
20-08-2013, 08:53 PM
(19-08-2013 05:06 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 07:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't have to prove shit, Tidal Forces have already been established as the most likely and mathematically sound basis for the tides. It's up to you to prove not only how they are wrong, but to come up with something that has better precision and explanatory powers than our current models. Then get that verified in peer review.

You're mathematical and scientific ignorance does not prove that the Sun revolves around the Earth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_force
Here is another vain philosophy of science. It states that in order to disprove a theory that you must advance a superior theory which is mathematical and has better modeling etc. This is a logical fallacy. Its like saying that an accused man cannot be proven innocent unless a more likely suspect can be identified.
Why does a superior theory need to be mathematical and physical? This is another philosophy. Its quite feasible to simply state 'We don't know' what causes the tides. That is the truth of the matter. But that strikes at the arrogance of science and mankind in general who seeks answers for all things without any reference to a God who created the world and sustains it through his sovereign power. As I said in my previous post. Perhaps the truth of the matter is that God by his sovereign and daily intervention and supernatural power, lifts up the waters in the places of his choosing. If that is the truth of the matter then how will mankind ever come to this knowledge? Mankind never will come to this knowledge except by revelation from God himself. Yet science and most of mankind rejects the special revelation from God and attempts to supplant the revelations of God with naturalistic explanations of things which stretch credulity to absurd levels.
Not good enough.

How do you know that these revelations you speak of are actually from God? How do you know they aren't the devil trying to pass himself off as God? How do you know that the Bible (or any other holy book) isn't a forgery?

Maybe the devil is twisting the facts and taking credit for everything God's done?

Think about it... who can you really trust when all you've got to go on is a 4000 year old, badly written book?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
20-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Okay, good... we've got a sub for AtheismExposed.

New guy, could you please answer my previous question that never got answered about this "belief"?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-08-2013, 03:37 AM
(20-08-2013 06:24 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(19-08-2013 05:18 AM)excubitor Wrote:  If you can stretch reality that far then you can make any model of your choosing work.
You mean like forcing the stars in your model to be clumped together so that they can rotate around the Earth at non-ludicrous speeds?
Everything in space is ludicrous. The notion of a gigantic ball the size of the earth spinning at outrageous speed is ludicrous. The idea of a superenormous universe is ludicrous. 95% of the universe is dark matter. Black holes are ludicrous.
Given the enormous size of the universe the physicists make great pains to emphasise that it does not spin. Everything else in the universe spins and revolves. Of course science has no evidence for this. It is decided by a philosophical conundrum. If the universe span then there would have to be a special central position of the universe. And all indications are that this would be the earth, on account of many cosmological principles. Also, if it were possible to measure any rotation of the universe then given the size of the universe the outer limits of the universe would be travelling at a ludicrous rate, in combination with the ludicrous speed of objects in the hubble deep space field which are supposedly retreating away from us at ludicrous speeds far exceeding the speed of light.

Modern science is like Alice in Wonderland with at least six impossible things before breakfast. So I hardly doubt that I could come up with anything more prepostorous with my geocentric model than modern science can fashion with their acentric model.

At least I have a supernatural God to explain away my impossible things. Science does not have anything, not a wing or a prayer.
21-08-2013, 04:02 AM
(27-02-2013 08:30 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Well, not only that - accurate observations disqualify Aristotle's model. A geocentric model that agrees with reality would need to be much more complex. Beyond that we now measure distance to nearby stars using the parallax from the location of the earth for measurements taken 6 months apart. The model would need to explain that. Beyond that we have inserted our own objects into the heavens with spacecraft on other planets or orbiting other planets as well as orbiting our on in ways that would require even more complex answers.

No one is doing science to develop and update a geocentric model in line with new facts, to put it in CHL's terms, "because geocentricism is bullshit".
NASA does most of their space flights using geocentric co-ordinates. The Tyco Brahe geocentric model is directly equivalent to his students' Keplar. This is because they are merely co-ordinate transformations. The movement of all the objects in the solar system are identical in both models. The only point of contention is the mechanism by which they are moved. Nor do we necessarily have to scrap the conventional theory of gravitation and inertia. (Although I do). Many Geocentrists believe that the earth is at the centre of the mass of the universe. In other words, all of the motions of all of the bodies in the universe combined result in the earth being in the central place. Of course there is no way of proving this. It is a philosophical belief every bit as much as the notion that the earth is NOT at the centre of the universe is a philosophical belief. In fact it is impossible to determine the absolute motion of any object in a rotating frame of reference unless you are outside the frame of reference. In other words, the only person who knows for sure what is in the centre of the universe is a being who is outside the universe. That being God, and who having revealed in his scripture that the earth is in the centre of the universe, who are we to doubt his revelation?
21-08-2013, 04:10 AM
(20-08-2013 08:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay, good... we've got a sub for AtheismExposed.

New guy, could you please answer my previous question that never got answered about this "belief"?
Can you repeat the question? i just got here
21-08-2013, 04:15 AM
(20-08-2013 08:53 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(19-08-2013 05:06 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Here is another vain philosophy of science. It states that in order to disprove a theory that you must advance a superior theory which is mathematical and has better modeling etc. This is a logical fallacy. Its like saying that an accused man cannot be proven innocent unless a more likely suspect can be identified.
Not good enough.

How do you know that these revelations you speak of are actually from God? How do you know they aren't the devil trying to pass himself off as God?
How do you know that the Bible (or any other holy book) isn't a forgery?

Maybe the devil is twisting the facts and taking credit for everything God's done?

Think about it... who can you really trust when all you've got to go on is a 4000 year old, badly written book?
Who do you trust?
You trust scientists? Why? Maybe they are twisting the facts to deny everything that God has done. Maybe the scientists are deceived by the devil, who you seem to believe in.
We are both men of faith. You put your trust in scientists who are mere men, and I put my trust and faith in a supernatural God who has revealed himself in inerrant scriptures. You are the poor sod, not me.