Please provide a Geocentric diagram

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: Please provide a Geocentric diagram
(21-08-2013 04:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  ...
You trust scientists? Why? Maybe they are twisting revealing the facts to deny everything that God has done.

Fixt

Thumbsup

No need to thank me.

(21-08-2013 04:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  ...
Maybe the scientists are deceived by the devil, who you seem to believe in.
We are both men of faith. You put your trust in scientists who are mere men, and I put my trust and faith in a supernatural God who has revealed himself in inerrant scriptures. You are the poor sod, not me.

Oh! Wow!

Just...

WOW!

So much wrongness.

I'm just thankful that I was born and raised and now live in societies/cultures where this kind of thinking is... well... isn't.

I mean, not even trolls use this kind of argument anymore!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-08-2013, 07:32 AM
(21-08-2013 03:37 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Modern science is like Alice in Wonderland with at least six impossible things before breakfast. So I hardly doubt that I could come up with anything more prepostorous with my geocentric model than modern science can fashion with their acentric model.

It also grows your food, powers your house, and built your computer.

But I guess those things don't count?

... this is my signature!
21-08-2013, 08:08 AM
excubitor, . . . how do you know that it isn't the biblical god who's actually the one who parades around like "an angel of light" in an attempt to deceive people? There are verses that show this god as deceiving [or sending delusions] upon people. Why not you [and all other christians]?
21-08-2013, 08:11 AM
(21-08-2013 04:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Who do you trust?
You trust scientists? Why? Maybe they are twisting the facts to deny everything that God has done. Maybe the scientists are deceived by the devil, who you seem to believe in.
We are both men of faith. You put your trust in scientists who are mere men, and I put my trust and faith in a supernatural God who has revealed himself in inerrant scriptures. You are the poor sod, not me.

Hey, champ. You know that 'internet' thing you're using?

Who made that again?

You 'put faith in' science every time you use technology. Your very existence is implicitly dependent on it. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
21-08-2013, 09:11 AM
(21-08-2013 04:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 08:53 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  How do you know that these revelations you speak of are actually from God? How do you know they aren't the devil trying to pass himself off as God?
How do you know that the Bible (or any other holy book) isn't a forgery?

Maybe the devil is twisting the facts and taking credit for everything God's done?

Think about it... who can you really trust when all you've got to go on is a 4000 year old, badly written book?
Who do you trust?
You trust scientists? Why? Maybe they are twisting the facts to deny everything that God has done. Maybe the scientists are deceived by the devil, who you seem to believe in.

Oh yes; those 'inerrant' scriptures.

Those are so inerrant that they contradict themselves.

Only a god could make something which is inherently contradictory into something inerrant without changing it.
You've convinced me sir; now where do I apply for my tax break?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-08-2013, 10:20 AM
(21-08-2013 04:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 08:53 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  How do you know that these revelations you speak of are actually from God? How do you know they aren't the devil trying to pass himself off as God?
How do you know that the Bible (or any other holy book) isn't a forgery?

Maybe the devil is twisting the facts and taking credit for everything God's done?

Think about it... who can you really trust when all you've got to go on is a 4000 year old, badly written book?
Who do you trust?

Inerrant? Are you serious?

Read your bible in detail, on page one you will find several direct contradictions. It's a pattern that continues throughout the whole thing.

You are the one who chooses to live in ignorance , because you fail to grasp simple scientific facts that have no baring on whether there's a god or not. Why can't you accept that the earth is a planet?

I pity people like you.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2013, 02:42 PM
My two original posts that went unanswered.

(25-01-2013 04:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...wait.

This isn't a joke.

AtheismExposed... you actually believe this?

I'm being serious.

How... why...

I mean... you actually think the mass of the Earth can hold everything together?

I mean... you do know they can measure the density and size of the sun, right? They know the elemental makeup of the sun. By simple atomic number math, you can determine its mass.

Even if... even IF the sun was inexplicably less dense than all our science shows... how in the world could Earth's gravity hold Pluto... or Neptune... or freakin' Jupiter?

Why isn't Venus taking over Earth's gravitational authority? After all, it has more mass.

I'm seriously flabbergasted that this belief exists.

(26-01-2013 07:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That analogy is so flawed it doesn't even make sense.The universe isn't non-observable and non-measurable as you suggest. For your analogy to be correct, it would have to be a clear box with measurement devices all around it. These devices would be highly accurate and given speed, altitude, composition, etc of the roller coaster ride. Your analogy only makes sense if we're using Bronze Age science.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-08-2013, 05:12 PM
(19-08-2013 05:18 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 10:28 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Okay, . . . just a quick comment. For the entirety of the universe to move around a stationary earth, . . . would the more distant materials [by default] more faster than near objects? For them to seem to have the same speed in the sky, they can't have the same actual "speed". If they did, closer objects would rotate faster. You wouldn't see the same constellations each night. It would be a different sky each night.
This is correct, however the early geocentrist cosmologists portrayed the stars relatively close together. Their model had the stars just outside the solar system and in
their own stellar sphere. Any physicist today could make a model like this work if they wanted to, but they have a paradigm to uphold to keep the grant money coming in. These guys have to come up with black holes and dark matter to make their model work. If you can stretch reality that far then you can make any model of your choosing work.

You're obviously trolling... you can't possibly believe that pile of shit in this day and age.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2013, 03:27 AM
(21-08-2013 10:20 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 04:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Who do you trust?

Inerrant? Are you serious?

Read your bible in detail, on page one you will find several direct contradictions. It's a pattern that continues throughout the whole thing.

You are the one who chooses to live in ignorance , because you fail to grasp simple scientific facts that have no baring on whether there's a god or not. Why can't you accept that the earth is a planet?

I pity people like you.
Which simple scientific fact have I failed to grasp?
At least I can spell.
22-08-2013, 03:30 AM
(21-08-2013 02:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My two original posts that went unanswered.

(25-01-2013 04:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...wait.

This isn't a joke.

AtheismExposed... you actually believe this?

I'm being serious.

How... why...

I mean... you actually think the mass of the Earth can hold everything together?

I mean... you do know they can measure the density and size of the sun, right? They know the elemental makeup of the sun. By simple atomic number math, you can determine its mass.

Even if... even IF the sun was inexplicably less dense than all our science shows... how in the world could Earth's gravity hold Pluto... or Neptune... or freakin' Jupiter?

Why isn't Venus taking over Earth's gravitational authority? After all, it has more mass.

I'm seriously flabbergasted that this belief exists.

(26-01-2013 07:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That analogy is so flawed it doesn't even make sense.The universe isn't non-observable and non-measurable as you suggest. For your analogy to be correct, it would have to be a clear box with measurement devices all around it. These devices would be highly accurate and given speed, altitude, composition, etc of the roller coaster ride. Your analogy only makes sense if we're using Bronze Age science.
I covered these issues in my posts. Please re-read them and ask further questions which demonstrate that you have read my posts.