Please sign petition: Uganda "Kill the Gays" bill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Please sign petition: Uganda "Kill the Gays" bill
Please sign and thanks for your support.
Cheers
LL

Sign Petition here: http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-pres...-in-uganda

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 04:39 PM
RE: Please sign petition: Uganda "Kill the Gays" bill
President Obama does not even have the necessary power to shut down the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. What makes you think that he or the UN will be able to make a difference in Uganda?
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 05:32 PM
(13-11-2012 04:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  President Obama does not even have the necessary power to shut down the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. What makes you think that he or the UN will be able to make a difference in Uganda?
This is so an irrelevant statement to compare the two. So, I take it sending a petition to the UN Human Rights Council won't help either? If we don't express our right to free speech where would we be now in society? Hey, if you don't want to sign it, so be it.

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
[+] 1 user Likes Livelife8072's post
13-11-2012, 05:34 PM
(13-11-2012 05:32 PM)Livelife8072 Wrote:  This is so an irrelevant statement to compare the two.
How so?

(13-11-2012 05:32 PM)Livelife8072 Wrote:  So, I take it sending a petition to the UN Human Rights Council won't help either? If we don't express our right to free speech where would we be now in society? Hey, if you don't want to sign it, so be it.
Why didn't you answer my question? Consider
13-11-2012, 07:47 PM
(13-11-2012 05:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 05:32 PM)Livelife8072 Wrote:  This is so an irrelevant statement to compare the two.
How so?
Because one requires the approval of congress and the other doesn't, so a different method would explain why they could have different outcomes. It's also a fallacy of composition, because you're positing that all of Obama's attempts to change the law are ineffective just because some of them are.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
13-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Signed.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
14-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Dear Uganda: WHAT. THE. FUCK.
14-11-2012, 01:12 AM
(14-11-2012 12:59 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Dear Uganda: WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Not-so-dear American Religious Right Missionaries: WHAT. THE. FU.... oh, wait, it's your same normal bullshit. Le Sigh.

((See my response to the previous thread on this subject -- probably on page 2 or 3 by now -- for an explanation.))

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
14-11-2012, 01:18 AM
It's a huge reason I refuse to do any charity work for religious organizations. I see this crap happen and it makes me shake my head. I've turned down work to religious organizations because I've seen them support people with agendas who just look for reasons to hate on people, in my own community. It's stupid.

This is so much more extreme though, to get people KILLED? Insanity.

You'd think we'd learn the first time as humanity that genocide isn't the answer to anything... or the second time... or the third...

[Image: tumblr_mcy63tjHsW1qdqix8o1_500.jpg]
14-11-2012, 01:31 AM
First I'm like, we do such a stellar job of telling our own government how to run properly, of course we should be up in every else's business... Dodgy

Then I go http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20318436 which includes...

But a clause which calls for the death penalty against people found guilty of "aggravated homosexuality" - defined as when one of the participants is a minor, HIV-positive, disabled or a "serial offender" - is to be dropped, Mr Bahati has said.

So... nah.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]