Please tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2013, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2013 07:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Please tell me what's wrong with this picture.
(17-06-2013 05:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ferdinand,
The assistance programs are so different depending on where you are that it's hard to know how you earning a few bucks would impact the aid your mother gets. Your age may also come into play. Call the local office and ask them what the guidelines are. You shouldn't have to give them much info just to answer a general question. I am pretty sure there is set amount that could be earned by the family members that is set according to the family size. It would seem that staying with your mother and sister after you are an adult (and working) would have a much bigger impact as there would be with two adults in the house.

Had to check with GirlyBoy who has some experience with this and he indicated that the safety net benefits are definitely on a sliding scale, the more you make the less you get. Like Angie said, the only real question is whether a minor's income is considered in the total income of the household and that likely varies by jurisdiction. GirlyBoy checked it out for backass 'Bama and you're screwed. Your income will be considered when calculating benefits. As far as work experience though, you could still get an unpaid internship or do volunteer work to start to acquire that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply