Pleasure is far superior to mere intelligence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 04:54 PM by Mozart Link.)
Pleasure is far superior to mere intelligence
I am now going to prove how pleasure is more important than any amount of intelligence in the world (and even atheism intelligence such as knowing scientific facts and that there is no God, etc.). I will ask a question of whether you would choose to either be a genius with no ability to experience pleasure or be a dumb person with all the pleasure in the world. For you to choose to be the genius and think that mere thoughts and intelligence is somehow better than feelings of love and pleasure and such, you would be wrong and delusional. I will now prove how feelings of love and pleasure and such are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case.

As for feeling numb (no pleasure or anything), if I had the choice, I would rather have my full ability to experience pleasure and have many serious things happen to me than to feel numb with no pleasure and have no bad things happen to me at all. I feel that living a life of no pleasure with nothing more than mere thoughts and high intelligence is the worst thing that could happen to someone. If you had the choice to either be a genius with all the intelligence in the world with no ability to experience pleasure or be someone who is very dumb, but has all the pleasure in the world, which would you choose? Some people might choose to be the genius. But as for me, I would choose to be the dumb person and I am going to argue why pleasure is the most important thing here.

When we are faced with any hardship in life, we rely on our ability to experience pleasure to get us through in life. For example, someone with a physical condition would say something to his/herself such as "I may have this debilitating condition, but at least I am still able to enjoy my life." However, when you have your ability to experience pleasure taken away, that would be the worst thing.

Also, if you had the choice to either experience a feeling of love or pleasure towards someone or something or to just simply experience nothing more than a thought of pleasure or love towards that person or thing, which would you choose? I'm quite sure you would choose to experience a feeling of love or pleasure which proves here that feelings are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case. Therefore, in regards to my question as to whether I would be a genius or a dumb person, I (and others here) should obviously choose to be the dumb person since feelings of love and pleasure are far superior to any amount of intelligence (intelligence being nothing more than mere thoughts and awareness).

Finally, I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2014, 08:26 AM
RE: Pleasure is far superior to mere intelligence
What if intelligence and knowledge gave One (lol) more pleasure than all the orgasms in the world? It's a different kind of pleasure, though. One pleasure is physical. The other is psychological. I take more pleasure in knowing things than I do with emotions such as love.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
31-07-2014, 08:58 AM
A certain minimum of intelligence is necessary to recognize that intelligence and pleasure enhance each other, they are not mutually exclusive. Food is both tasty and nutritious; pleasure without intelligence would be like having a sugar cube for breakfast instead of a both more enjoyable and nutritious plate of eggs and fruit. There's no need to choose one or the other when choosing both is by far the superior option.
31-07-2014, 09:25 AM
(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I am now going to prove how pleasure is more important than any amount of intelligence in the world (and even atheism intelligence such as knowing scientific facts and that there is no God, etc.). I will ask a question of whether you would choose to either be a genius with no ability to experience pleasure or be a dumb person with all the pleasure in the world. For you to choose to be the genius and think that mere thoughts and intelligence is somehow better than feelings of love and pleasure and such, you would be wrong and delusional. I will now prove how feelings of love and pleasure and such are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case.

As for feeling numb (no pleasure or anything), if I had the choice, I would rather have my full ability to experience pleasure and have many serious things happen to me than to feel numb with no pleasure and have no bad things happen to me at all. I feel that living a life of no pleasure with nothing more than mere thoughts and high intelligence is the worst thing that could happen to someone. If you had the choice to either be a genius with all the intelligence in the world with no ability to experience pleasure or be someone who is very dumb, but has all the pleasure in the world, which would you choose? Some people might choose to be the genius. But as for me, I would choose to be the dumb person and I am going to argue why pleasure is the most important thing here.

When we are faced with any hardship in life, we rely on our ability to experience pleasure to get us through in life. For example, someone with a physical condition would say something to his/herself such as "I may have this debilitating condition, but at least I am still able to enjoy my life." However, when you have your ability to experience pleasure taken away, that would be the worst thing.

Also, if you had the choice to either experience a feeling of love or pleasure towards someone or something or to just simply experience nothing more than a thought of pleasure or love towards that person or thing, which would you choose? I'm quite sure you would choose to experience a feeling of love or pleasure which proves here that feelings are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case. Therefore, in regards to my question as to whether I would be a genius or a dumb person, I (and others here) should obviously choose to be the dumb person since feelings of love and pleasure are far superior to any amount of intelligence (intelligence being nothing more than mere thoughts and awareness).

What is the Capital of Germany?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2014, 09:54 AM
(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I am now going to prove how pleasure is more important than any amount of intelligence in the world (and even atheism intelligence such as knowing scientific facts and that there is no God, etc.).

I'm pretty sure by "prove" you mean "vacuously assert based on feels and deepities". But let's see what you've got:

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I will ask a question of whether you would choose to either be a genius with no ability to experience pleasure or be a dumb person with all the pleasure in the world.

Can you offer either of those choices?

People with no argument sure seem to love offering inane and irrelevant hypothetical questions. Is there a class where they teach you people this stuff?

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  For you to choose to be the genius and think that mere thoughts and intelligence is somehow better than feelings of love and pleasure and such, you would be wrong and delusional. I will now prove how feelings of love and pleasure and such are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case.

I can't wait.

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  As for feeling numb (no pleasure or anything), if I had the choice, I would rather have my full ability to experience pleasure and have many serious things happen to me than to feel numb with no pleasure and have no bad things happen to me at all.

Okay. You would rather. So what?

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I feel that living a life of no pleasure with nothing more than mere thoughts and high intelligence is the worst thing that could happen to someone.

Okay. You feel. So what?

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  If you had the choice to either be a genius with all the intelligence in the world with no ability to experience pleasure or be someone who is very dumb, but has all the pleasure in the world, which would you choose? Some people might choose to be the genius. But as for me, I would choose to be the dumb person and I am going to argue why pleasure is the most important thing here.

Okay. You would choose. So what?

Can we please get to the "argument"? Some of us don't have all day.

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  When we are faced with any hardship in life, we rely on our ability to experience pleasure to get us through in life.

Citation needed.

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  For example, someone with a physical condition would say something to his/herself such as "I may have this debilitating condition, but at least I am still able to enjoy my life." However, when you have your ability to experience pleasure taken away, that would be the worst thing.

Your implicit false premise is that intelligence can't bring pleasure and has no connection to love.

Hint: premises need to be substantiated. Feels are not substantiation.

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Also, if you had the choice to either experience a feeling of love or pleasure towards someone or something or to just simply experience nothing more than a thought of pleasure or love towards that person or thing, which would you choose?

Wait, what? That's not even coherent. Define "experience love or pleasure". Define "thought of love or pleasure". Compare and contrast.

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I'm quite sure you would choose to experience a feeling of love or pleasure which proves here that feelings are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case.

Ah, but the thing with that is, you being "quite sure" doesn't actually mean jack shit.

(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Therefore, in regards to my question as to whether I would be a genius or a dumb person, I (and others here) should obviously choose to be the dumb person since feelings of love and pleasure are far superior to any amount of intelligence (intelligence being nothing more than mere thoughts and awareness).

Wait, that's the end? We still haven't gotten to any arguments yet. All you did was declare your own opinion given some pointless inadequate-defined hypothetical questions.

"If I were forced to pick between A and B exclusively, I would pick A. Therefore A is better than B".

Fail. Not an argument.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
31-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Return of Son of "I Like Sex", Part Deux.

The original wasn't any good, so I'm going to pass on the sequel.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
31-07-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 04:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-07-2014 07:10 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I am now going to prove how pleasure is more important than any amount of intelligence in the world (and even atheism intelligence such as knowing scientific facts and that there is no God, etc.). I will ask a question of whether you would choose to either be a genius with no ability to experience pleasure or be a dumb person with all the pleasure in the world. For you to choose to be the genius and think that mere thoughts and intelligence is somehow better than feelings of love and pleasure and such, you would be wrong and delusional. I will now prove how feelings of love and pleasure and such are far superior to mere thoughts and intelligence in this case.

Fallacious premises.
False dichotomy.

Next

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Your body would eventually develop a resistance to your constant dopamine dump, meaning you would lose all of that pleasure eventually. I refuse to disallow basic rules in biology for the sake of nonsense hypotheticals.

If we assume that people who choose the Intelligence option were absolutely lacking in emotional ability, either from the beginning of their life or it just kicks in, than it wouldn't bother them. They can't feel so it wouldn't be annoying or saddening, it'd just be; hell if they were set to have started like that, they'd have no concept to begin with so it would matter even less. Plus they wouldn't be left in an addict state or with any other physiological issues as their emotions just wouldn't work.

Plus; a really poor argument is not proof. It is remarkable how often that has to be said.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-07-2014, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 04:51 PM by Mozart Link.)
I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).
31-07-2014, 05:20 PM
(31-07-2014 04:19 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

This is a bot. It is unable to answer any question posed to it and it just spews this prewritten script.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense