PnP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
PnP
Does anyone else play Pen-and-Paper RPGs? I started out as the lone player in a cut-short DnD campaign my brother was running (he was a terrible DM at the time and I was an equally terrible player, almost getting killed in a test fight against a cat =P) and then finally got to understanding how things worked after playing a full campaign (rather than a few levels) in Star Wars d20.

After that I played a little bit in an Undead Western Storyteller campaign ran by my other brother, but he got too busy to run it regularly so we dropped it and I picked up and ran my own DnD campaign that evolved into a Kingdom Hearts d20. =P

My brother's working on his own d20 system now and we're planning on using it in a new Star Wars campaign he's going to make. I love me some PnP. =P

Anyone else? What's your favourite system? I'm partial to DnD 3.5 personally. Probably because it was what I started playing with. =P

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 05:35 PM

RE: PnP
(01-09-2010 04:21 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Does anyone else play Pen-and-Paper RPGs? I started out as the lone player in a cut-short DnD campaign my brother was running (he was a terrible DM at the time and I was an equally terrible player, almost getting killed in a test fight against a cat =P) and then finally got to understanding how things worked after playing a full campaign (rather than a few levels) in Star Wars d20.

After that I played a little bit in an Undead Western Storyteller campaign ran by my other brother, but he got too busy to run it regularly so we dropped it and I picked up and ran my own DnD campaign that evolved into a Kingdom Hearts d20. =P

My brother's working on his own d20 system now and we're planning on using it in a new Star Wars campaign he's going to make. I love me some PnP. =P

Anyone else? What's your favourite system? I'm partial to DnD 3.5 personally. Probably because it was what I started playing with. =P

I started out with DnD 2.0. but when I joined the military, i learned that the 'jock' mentality that pervades the Armed Forces leaves little tolerance or room for such things. You can play in your off time, but it's better not discussed at work. Of course, when I got up through the ranks, finding players of (relatively) equal job positions and rank (to avoid fraternization) became more difficult. Then i married a nongamer, and so...my RPG days are all but gone.

I do love it though.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I am a hardcore pen-and-paper player. And when I say "hardcore", I mean f*cking fo reals hardcore.

I started playing when I was nine, when my dad bought me an intro pack to D&D (it contained a bunch of pre-made characters - I was Regdar the human fighter - a couple of intro adventures and rules for advancing to third level). From there, it developed into a full-fledged passion. I fully intend to go into the gaming field when I graduate.
I've played D&D v3.5, AD&D v2.0, Call of Cthulhu, Trail of Cthulhu, Gumshoe, Nemesis, GODLIKE, Paranoia, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Savage Worlds, Brave New World, Mutants & Masterminds v2.0, Geist: The Sin-Eaters, Serenity, Deadlands: Reloaded, and even the beta rules for Pokemon Tabletop Adventures. I've GMed each of these games for at least one session, and run several long, successful campaigns in D&D, Deadlands: Reloaded, Brave New World and All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

I've tried to get a group together for a play-by-post game on this site in the past, but there was no interest. Most of my gaming nowadays takes place on Myth-Weavers, where I use the same name that I do here. If you're interested in joining in on any of my games, feel free to stop on by!

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh wow! Actually, Deadlands: Reloaded was the undead western RPG I played, I looked deeper into it and I think I was wrong about saying it was part of the storyteller system. On a side note, my brother and I had worked for a good two months on trying to make a Pokemon d20 system, but no dice (no pun intended =P). I'm going to look into that Tabletop Adventures. =P

I'll definitely check you out on Myth-Weavers! I've been playing irregularly with my brother and his friend via Skype. Since that seems to be put on hold I'd like to get back in it again!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Sounds good. My current Deadlands: Reloaded game is full, unfortunately. It's called "A Fistful of Ghost Rock", and you can read it as it unfolds here.

I'm thinking about starting a game of Mutants & Masterminds, though. Have you heard of that one?

- Terry Pratchett
01-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I've heard of it (read, technically) but I know nothing about it, other than the fact it's a Role Playing Game. =P From the name, is it some kind of superhero-style setting?

01-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Yep. Mutants & Masterminds is similar to D&D, except that it has superheroes instead of orcs. It doesn't supply an official setting like a lot of RPGs. Like D&D, it's an "open-world" game, one which simply gives you a rules set intended for a certain genre and lets you run wild with it.

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutants_%26_Masterminds

- Terry Pratchett