Podcast #131 - The Richard Dawkins Interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Podcast #131 - The Richard Dawkins Interview

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 07:57 PM by Heathen.)
RE: Podcast #131 - The Richard Dawkins Interview
I haven't been around the forum much for the past several months but I checked in this evening after listening to the Interview. I'm a regular listener of the podcasts and I am frankly shocked to have found this. Nothing. Crickets. Seth Andrews interviews Richard fucking Dawkins and people HERE aren't talking about it?

Perhaps there is a thread somewhere that I have missed with several hundred replies? If so, please link me to it.

Seth's interview with Dawkins was... well, words can't describe how enjoyable it was for me. Two of my favorite people, together for an hour! Seth hit so many different areas, his questions were beautifully crafted, you could tell he prepared for this big-time, he allowed Dawkins to speak and yet moved the conversation along to take full advantage of the time allotted. We heard about Dawkins the biologist, the atheist and the human being. I'm a huge fan of the long-format interview, something that is so rare these days, and Seth did an AWESOME job of it!

Congratulations Seth! I can only imagine how difficult the preparation and execution of this interview must have been for you. The fear of fucking up must have been tremendous! But you nailed it dude! You absolutely fucking nailed it!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 3 users Like Heathen's post
19-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Who's Seth?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-10-2013, 09:55 AM
(19-10-2013 01:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Who's Seth?

Apparently you have captured the prevailing sentiment around here.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
19-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Saddest thread in the history of TTA. Sad

19-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I want a ewi so freaking bad. I heard of them before but damn now I'm reminded of it again. Someone go out and buy it for me.
AND hey, thats pretty cool that seth can get him. Seems that Dawkins isn't so keen on the new atheism movement that he is allegedly a part of. The message got worbbeled. His take is that religion shouldn't be automatically respected and religion should be questioned and criticised such as movies and books. I like that.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
19-10-2013, 06:29 PM
(19-10-2013 01:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Who's Seth?
Seth MacFarlane you noobTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
19-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Quite enjoyable Sleepy
22-10-2013, 01:01 PM
I am a regular listener to the podcasts for the past year or so, and only post here once in awhile. I enjoyed the podcast with Dawkins immensely; it was well organized, covered many interesting topics, and avoided becoming boring or tedious.
I probably point more to Carl Sagan for assisting in my de-conversion than any of the 4 horsemen, but find Dawkins and Harris the most interesting.

For me, Dawkins and Seth both present themselves as being capable of having a discussion with someone who disagrees without being strident or rude. I think that style is useful in persuading believers to consider the alternatives. It is often a combination of behavior, style, and information that eventually prompts people to abandon long, dearly-held beliefs.
05-11-2013, 10:26 PM
(18-10-2013 07:11 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I haven't been around the forum much for the past several months but I checked in this evening after listening to the Interview. I'm a regular listener of the podcasts and I am frankly shocked to have found this. Nothing. Crickets. Seth Andrews interviews Richard fucking Dawkins and people HERE aren't talking about it?

Perhaps there is a thread somewhere that I have missed with several hundred replies? If so, please link me to it.

Seth's interview with Dawkins was... well, words can't describe how enjoyable it was for me. Two of my favorite people, together for an hour! Seth hit so many different areas, his questions were beautifully crafted, you could tell he prepared for this big-time, he allowed Dawkins to speak and yet moved the conversation along to take full advantage of the time allotted. We heard about Dawkins the biologist, the atheist and the human being. I'm a huge fan of the long-format interview, something that is so rare these days, and Seth did an AWESOME job of it!

Congratulations Seth! I can only imagine how difficult the preparation and execution of this interview must have been for you. The fear of fucking up must have been tremendous! But you nailed it dude! You absolutely fucking nailed it!

Well, I'll say for one, I never really look at the threads on the podcast. The first time I even taught to look to see if there was one was the Seth's old boss podcast, simply for the fact that that was so insane.

In the case of the Dawkins episode, I get how you feel. I am actually a major fan of Dawkins. I have his new book, (haven't read it yet) and have most of the rest of his books. I guess why, despite that fact, I personally still did not come to find this thread was because I have actually already read, seen, and heard so much of his work, interviews and clips on youtube, I feel like I got so much of him, I didn't need to discuss the interview.

The one thing I do like is that Dawkins actually talks about himself for a change. That is interesting. But really, more than the atheism stuff, I am more interested in Dawkins for evolution and biology. I think what he does for atheism is so very important, but I personally honestly care more about what he has to say about evolution and science. I suppose that's why I haven't come here already, but I do get your frustration, as I do feel this man deserves a bit more than a glanced over post. But personally that's my perspective...I'm already saturated with Dawkins material, so didn't feel the need to comment.