Podcast #166 - The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Podcast #166 - The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Podcast #166 - The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate
Sye undid any possible positive statement he may have had earlier in the debate, with his closing. The god he is promoting, is entirely unworthy of anyone's service, and any human who promotes such a god, shows themselves incapable of telling right from wrong.
18-06-2014, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 05:32 PM by diddo97.)
RE: Podcast #166 - The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate
I don't understand how Sye isn't horribly depressed. If A perfect God says I should go to Hell, I should want to go to hell, because that would be moral.

(edited for clarity)

Drinking Beverage
18-06-2014, 05:19 PM
(18-06-2014 04:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  ...
If I deserve eternal punishment, and a perfect God agrees with me,

I think you might be on to something, there...

theist thinks 'this', therefore theist's Theos thinks this, altho

Consider

I wonder why that ith?

18-06-2014, 08:35 PM
This was the most difficult "debate" to listen to in its entirety. I'm quite familiar with C.S. Lewis' arguments. This was an extended demonstration of a theist's failure to listen. Thanks for providing a good quality recording of the event. However, the content is an example of why debating this against presuppositionalists is probably a waste of breath.
05-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Easily the hardest listen in terms of 'debate' - and that term can be used quite loosely - I've heard...Facepalm