Podcast #172 - Dying with Dignity (with Wanda Morris)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Podcast #172 - Dying with Dignity (with Wanda Morris)

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Podcast #172 - Dying with Dignity (with Wanda Morris)
This podcast was depressing as hell btw. I hate the subject. I hate the idea of dying with dignity. I hate the idea of putting animals down. I understand it isn't my call, but I hate giving up on life. I also understand I don't know what it is like to feel as the dying do. But damn. I just hate it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
28-07-2014, 12:01 PM
(27-07-2014 04:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  This podcast was depressing as hell btw. I hate the subject. I hate the idea of dying with dignity. I hate the idea of putting animals down. I understand it isn't my call, but I hate giving up on life. I also understand I don't know what it is like to feel as the dying do. But damn. I just hate it.

My perspective on that has changed as I've gotten older. I used to hold to the mantra "live as long as you can." After seeing what that actually looks like, I changed my mind. It's not pleasant and it causes as much (if not more) pain as when you actually lose someone to death. I really feel for people who are considering this option; I can't imagine what it's like to experience suffering that makes death more appealing than life.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
01-08-2014, 08:12 AM
I don't have noise with my computer. Could someone sum it up in about five sentences give or take?
04-08-2014, 07:04 AM
(27-07-2014 03:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

You cannot die with dignity, but you can live with it.
04-08-2014, 07:47 AM
(27-07-2014 04:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  This podcast was depressing as hell btw. I hate the subject. I hate the idea of dying with dignity. I hate the idea of putting animals down. I understand it isn't my call, but I hate giving up on life. I also understand I don't know what it is like to feel as the dying do. But damn. I just hate it.

That's the way you are supposed to feel while in the reproductive phase of your life.

It all changes when you get older. Just please just don't support anyone who forces their current feelings on the subject on those who have passed that stage.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man