Podcast #191 - The Tipping Point

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Podcast #191 - The Tipping Point

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2014, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 08:36 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Podcast #191 - The Tipping Point

This video was my tipping point and I'll never forget it. I'm not even sure how I began watching this video and I'm pretty sure it was a complete accident but there was a moment in it that changed everything for me. The women asked the following question with such conviction: "What if you're wrong, oh my God, what if you're wrong?" As she was finishing is, Ashley and Matt, without missing a beat and without a care in the world simply asked "what if you're wrong?"

It was that question, and largely the way in which they had asked it, that got me to really think deeper. I wasn't religious but I still believed in a creator. I was more of a Deist but I really believed that there was some greater being. I was also a creationist. But after this video I absolutely devoured everything I could find. I've literally watched thousands of hours of video, listened to an equal number of hours of podcasts, read hundreds of blogs and scores of books on the subject. I even changed the focus of my Master's degree studies and instead of studying American history and the Constitution I moved my focus to religion, the Founding Fathers and the separation of church and state. It was even the subject of my thesis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BrooklynAvi's post