Podcast #53 - Proof That God Exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 06:55 AM
RE: Podcast #53 - Proof That God Exists
The whole presup argument is a flat admission that they have no evidence for what they believe and are just declaring victory by fiat. It hardly even rises to a kindergarten-level theology.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Looks like that post of mine is too old to edit. (#2, from 17-09-2013)
Just realized my "nonsensical" link at the end is dead now.
That formerly went to a books.google.com search result from Noam Chomsky's Syntactic Structures. But that page now says: "No eBook available".

So, try this instead:
http://www.mit.edu/people/dpolicar/writi...Ideas.html
27-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Worst part of sye for brains ideas he has yet to establish why we should think god is logic or rational to begin with let alone their source by what standard has sye drawn the conclusion god is logic or rational and how has he defined it from his own thinking

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
31-08-2017, 06:47 AM
If God does exist, has He revealed Himself? And if He has revealed Himself, surely He exists.
31-08-2017, 08:28 AM
(31-08-2017 06:47 AM)iandkrsna Wrote:  If God does exist, has He revealed Himself? And if He has revealed Himself, surely He exists.

I think he did reveal himself and was arrested for indecent exposure.

It's a sad tale but a happy ending.

Wink

Welcome to TTA.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
31-08-2017, 08:40 AM
(31-08-2017 06:47 AM)iandkrsna Wrote:  If God does exist, has He revealed Himself? And if He has revealed Himself, surely He exists.

Even if people think God has revealed himself, you still have the problem of human fallibility. More likely they are wrong unless they can produce some proof, and what they typically produce as proof is as insufficient as any bare assertions.

There are always simpler and more likely explanations for anything the existence of God is supposed to explain.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
31-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Is this a common thing on TTA for old threads to be referenced? It always catches me by surprise. Or is this just a recent strangeness?
31-08-2017, 02:35 PM
(31-08-2017 08:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I think he did reveal himself and was arrested for indecent exposure.

It's a sad tale but a happy ending.

I think that's exactly what happened. Smile

#sigh
31-08-2017, 02:37 PM
(31-08-2017 02:33 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Is this a common thing on TTA for old threads to be referenced? It always catches me by surprise. Or is this just a recent strangeness?

No, usually new people who used the forum search tool or google to find topics they're interested in, sometimes old members adding new info to an old thread. It's not uncommon.

#sigh
31-08-2017, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2017 08:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)

If there is a god, she has no weenie. She has revealed this to me.

It is no accident that paternalistic/patriarchal cultures cook up male gods.
All the gods are nothing but ancient attempts at anthropomorphic control fantasies and idealization myths.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post