Podcast #71 - Thank Goodness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Podcast #71 - Thank Goodness

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Podcast #71 - Thank Goodness
The story by the atheist woman who helped out the homeless family with food highlights the big problem I have with "fiscal conservative" Libertarians. It is all very well to rail against the parasites in society, but these really are a small minority. Policies intended to prevent parasites from taking advantage of government programs designed to help people like that homeless family do far more harm to people who through no fault of their own have fallen out of the American Dream. With even fairly high-skilled jobs going overseas by the thousands, many people who did everything right, got an education, kept their noses clean, etc. are being kept afloat by government welfare (the dreaded "entitlement") programs. Meanwhile, "fiscal conservatives" are diligently working to make sure that more government money is funneled to highly profitable oil companies, while the people whose jobs are disappearing by the thousands are being asked to pay increased taxes because the top 1% of income earners has been able to buy legislation to create loopholes so that they no longer have to pay even 10% of what they were paying (without dire economic consequences) in the 1950s and 60s. "Fiscal Conservative" sounds like social justice, but in practice, it is really the opposite.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Podcast #171 - Questions and Suggestions Hughsie 0 37 21-07-2014 08:11 PM
Last Post: Hughsie
  Podcast #170 - Seth Andrews: The Ultimate Question Hughsie 0 43 11-07-2014 11:01 PM
  Podcast #168 - Counter-Apologetics Part 1 Hughsie 1 102 06-07-2014 02:36 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Podcast #169 - Counter-Apologetics Part 2 Hughsie 0 52 05-07-2014 10:22 PM
  Podcast #166 - The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate Hughsie 5 135 05-07-2014 06:43 AM
Last Post: CiderThinker
  Podcast #167 - The Human Journey (with Dr. Carolyn Porco) Hughsie 0 88 19-06-2014 09:53 PM
  Podcast #165 - What the Fossils Say (with Dr. Donald Prothero) Hughsie 0 77 05-06-2014 09:14 PM