Podcast #72 - Atheist Funerals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Podcast #72 - Atheist Funerals

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Podcast #72 - Atheist Funerals
My mother died (she didn't pass on, go to her reward, or go home to Jesus, she just died) in 2003 in the best way possible. She went to sleep one night in her own bed in her own home at age 87 a few months after remarking that she was thinking about Nietsche's comments about not wanting to live too long. She failed to wake up the next morning. My sister and I had a memorial meeting for her friends and our families where we talked about her life. I said that I was not that saddened by her death because she lived at least the last 35 years of her life on her own terms, didn't have to suffer the indignity of being moved to an old folks home, and died as she fervently wanted to, in her own home on her own terms without pain. Death is not an optional part of life, and I hope we all have as pleasant a death when our time comes. Afterwards, we arranged (as was her wish) to have her body donated for medical research to the UBC medical college. The college arranged a nice service for us and other families of body donors where they gave a little talk about the value to the education of medical professionals of having these bodies to learn with. My sister and I intend to follow (hopefully after another 20 years or more) in her footsteps. Beyond that wish re the disposal of my body, I don't really care what my survivors do after I die. I won't be there or anywhere. My flash of light in the eternal darkness will have gone out.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply