Podcast #75 - Atheists on the Left / Atheists on the Right

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Podcast #75 - Atheists on the Left / Atheists on the Right

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
06-03-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 06:14 PM by ufo42.)
RE: Podcast #75 - Atheists on the Left / Atheists on the Right
While I tend to fall on the left of the political spectrum, I can agree with Seth's point about "parasitic" individuals. The problem is, if we leave essential support of the poor to individual charity, we will all suffer from hordes of people (some parasites, some genuinely in need through no fault of their own) with nothing to support themselves but crime. That seems to be what is happening in jurisdictions which are reluctant to provide essential services on the basis of need to everyone. As for the problem with some parasites popping out babies "like pez", that could easily be solved (although many lefties and most religious folk would be horrified at the idea) by requiring all male children to get a reversible vasectomy before puberty, and requiring people to get licenses to have children. I think parenthood requires at least as many qualifications and at least the same level of personal responsibility as getting a license to drive a car. If you don't have a partner with some kind of career plan and don't yourself have one, you don't get to have the vasectomy reversed. If you're addicted to hard drugs (no one is addicted to marijuana) such as alcohol, heroin, cocaine, PCP, you don't get the operation. In exchange for this inconvenience, tax money (based on 1950s taxation levels where the 1% actually paid taxes in proportion to how much they managed to prosper by virtue of living in a developed country) you would have your basic needs (except the "need" to procreate) met. If you then chose to waste your life on the dole, your kind would gradually die out... problem solved. The alternative is a return to the Dickensian world where there was much more violent death for everyone, including the 1% and even more of the hard-working but not especially talented poor who worked their asses off in return for almost (but not quite) enough to get by. If a guy falls into the underclass deliberately, and-or helps a female fulfill her octomom proclivities, DNA testing can prove that he's doing that and he can get his vas re-snipped, this time permanently. While we're at it, we can permanently sterilize everyone of both sexes who is convicted of a violent crime. Why not reversibly sterilize women? You might ask. It is just vastly more invasive to do that and since it takes two to tango, .... Evil_monster

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
06-03-2013, 07:32 PM
RE: Podcast #75 - Atheists on the Left / Atheists on the Right
One of the many things that drew me to Seth is that he looks at everything objectively.
He is like me in that he does not fall into the average atheist stereotype.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Podcast #171 - Questions and Suggestions Hughsie 0 22 Yesterday 08:11 PM
Last Post: Hughsie
  Podcast #170 - Seth Andrews: The Ultimate Question Hughsie 0 42 11-07-2014 11:01 PM
  Podcast #168 - Counter-Apologetics Part 1 Hughsie 1 96 06-07-2014 02:36 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Podcast #169 - Counter-Apologetics Part 2 Hughsie 0 49 05-07-2014 10:22 PM
  Podcast #166 - The Refining Reason Debate: Matt Dillahunty VS Sye Ten Bruggencate Hughsie 5 127 05-07-2014 06:43 AM
Last Post: CiderThinker
  Podcast #167 - The Human Journey (with Dr. Carolyn Porco) Hughsie 0 84 19-06-2014 09:53 PM
  Podcast #165 - What the Fossils Say (with Dr. Donald Prothero) Hughsie 0 73 05-06-2014 09:14 PM