Podcast #98 - Islam and Women

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Podcast #98 - Islam and Women

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Podcast #98 - Islam and Women
Fundamentalist Islam and Fundamentalist Christianity have pretty much the same attitudes toward women. The main difference, in addition to the "submit or die!" meme built into Islam, is that it Islam more than just a religion. It is (as Ayaan Ali points out) a political ideology which has state power in a bunch of countries -- one and possibly two of which have nuclear weapons. If Christian fascism manages to pull off its current aim of replacing US democracy with a theocracy, the apocalypse will become extremely difficult to avert since both sides will want to fulfill their insane "prophecies" involving the death of every human, with the "devout" going on to their imagined afterlife and the rest of us to our well-deserved eternal torment.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ufo42's post
07-03-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Podcast #98 - Islam and Women
I found this podcast very interesting in that while not of a violent nature, the Amish and conservative Mennonites who I was a part of for over thirty years have the same reasoning; that their women aren't descriminated against, and that they are equal to men as far as salvation and the faith. But in practical life, at home and in public they are definately subservient to men. They must cover their hair with a "prayer covering" for all waking hours (some devout women even wear some sort of scarf in bed), they may not speak in church services, nor vote, etc. Most all of these women that I know seem genuinely satisfied with their lot in life and don't question the status quo.