Podcast #99 - Hement Mehta (The Friendly Atheist)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2013, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 04:31 PM by Hughsie.)
Podcast #99 - Hement Mehta (The Friendly Atheist)

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Podcast #99 (listed as #98) - Hement Mehta (The Friendly Atheist)
I seem to never get these podcasts downloading automatically, and I think I figured out the issue. My podcast program on my iPhone (Downcast) is set to only get the latest one episode when there's an update. However, I think the updates to the RSS file are made in batches, and the most recent one is often not yet available.

For example, when I got the list yesterday (the 18th), three new episodes showed up since the last time it checked. And the newest one, "Our 100th Episode," was not yet available - the date showed the next day (the 19th), and my software warned "No media file."

It also had in the list two other new episodes, the Hemant Mehta one and "A Special Message to our Listeners," but those weren't downloaded because my software only tried to get the newest one, and that newest one wasn't yet available.

Since I think it's common for podcast software to get only the most recent episode, I suspect others have had this same issue. The solution would be:

1. Don't add an episode to the feed until the media file is available, and

2. Update the feed with no more than one new episode per day.

And thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply