Podcasts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Podcasts
Do you listen to podcasts?
I listen to quite a few. The Thinking Atheist seems obvious and Cognative Dissonance is always good for a laugh but my favourites are The Cracked Podcast, Star Talk and Mission Log: A Roddenberry Podcast because I'm a huge nerd.
How about you? You got any favourites?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Podcasts
(31-01-2015 04:20 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Do you listen to podcasts?
I listen to quite a few. The Thinking Atheist seems obvious and Cognative Dissonance is always good for a laugh but my favourites are The Cracked Podcast, Star Talk and Mission Log: A Roddenberry Podcast because I'm a huge nerd.

TTA and Cognitive Dissonance (which has become my favorite - thanks Miso for the heads up on that one) as well as True Murder, which is a podcast by a true crime author who interviews other true crime authors.

I have been listening to some of Aron Ra's new podcast, 'The Ra-Men'. I am hoping they work out the audio bugs soon as the quality isn't real great. I like Aron and I like some of the guests but not yet real thrilled with the co-host.

I have sampled some other atheist podcasts, usually ones I hear plugged on CD, but so far none I been compelled to follow regularly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
31-01-2015, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 04:37 PM by Free Thought.)

I have four podcasts that I regularly listen to: The Thinking Atheist, Cognitive Dissonance, The Scathing Atheist and The Co-Optional Podcast.

Occasionally I'll listen to an episode of The Skeptic Zone, but I find their common interviews with whackjobs (such as ghost hunters, crystal healers and their ilk) to be rather infuriating. I can understand why they do them, to expose the listeners to the woo, but it just annoys me that people making such obviously bullshit claims aren't getting smacked down into the dirt where they belong, which again, I can understand them not doing.
I have listened to a few Star Talk episodes, but honestly, I found Tyson's co-host to have what can only be described as an incredibly grating voice, so I stopped before I really began.
I did used to listen to the No Guts No Galaxy podcast... but the downloads were too cumbersome to continue without questioning plus I fell away from their intended audience.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-01-2015, 05:44 PM
The Imaginary Friends Show

Listening to australians talk is hilarious on its own, but these guys are a riot. Plus smart stuff and dick jokes abound, so it's got a bit of everything.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Reasonable Doubts is the only one I listen to regularly.

I'm just thinking out loud.
31-01-2015, 08:36 PM
(31-01-2015 04:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I have four podcasts that I regularly listen to: The Thinking Atheist, Cognitive Dissonance, The Scathing Atheist and The Co-Optional Podcast.

Occasionally I'll listen to an episode of The Skeptic Zone, but I find their common interviews with whackjobs (such as ghost hunters, crystal healers and their ilk) to be rather infuriating. I can understand why they do them, to expose the listeners to the woo, but it just annoys me that people making such obviously bullshit claims aren't getting smacked down into the dirt where they belong, which again, I can understand them not doing.
I have listened to a few Star Talk episodes, but honestly, I found Tyson's co-host to have what can only be described as an incredibly grating voice, so I stopped before I really began.
I did used to listen to the No Guts No Galaxy podcast... but the downloads were too cumbersome to continue without questioning plus I fell away from their intended audience.

You should give Star Talk another try. There are a few different co-hosts.
I'm guessing that Eugene Mirman is the voice you don't like. Chuck Nice and Leighann Lord are common co-hosts and Bill Nigh is often the guest host.
31-01-2015, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 11:09 PM by cactus.)
I used to listen to "Irreligiosophy," back when I was in the early stages of Christian withdrawl. Right now I'm listening to "Talk Nerdy," "Skeptiod," and "The Friendly Atheist."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?