Podcasts...what are you listening to?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2015 11:24 AM by Cosmic Discourse.)
RE: Podcasts...what are you listening to?
Rationally Speaking
The Scathing Atheist
TTA
Not Too Deep (Grace Helbig)
The 404 (Hi-tech/Low Brow)
Monday Morning Podcast (Bill Burr)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 08:36 PM by cactus.)
Oh No Ross and Carrie
Talk Nerdy
The Atheist Voice
TTA
Sawbones
Weekly Space Hangout
Skeptoid

Podcasts I rarely listen to anymore:
Dogma Debate & Star Talk Radio (The "radio show" format, with little interstitial music and sound effect breaks every few minutes REALLY gets on my nerves, especially loud, in-your-face sound effects
"SSSSCCCCHHHHWWWWWOOOOOOOSSSCHCHCHHHH, YOU'RE LISTENING TO..." no, just stop, please. For the seventh time, I already know what I'm listening to. This is a long-form podcast, not a radio show. Dodgy
"Hi, this is <random listener>. I'm a fan of <show name>." Thank you, you just contributed nothing to the show, and only served to pad time.)

Irreligiosophy (This was the first podcast I started listening to when I was still partially a Christian. It taught me a lot about Mormonism, but one of the guys on the show got replaced by someone else, and I lost interest in it.)

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
14-06-2015, 03:45 AM
Drunken Peasants
Thinking Atheist

that is pretty much it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
14-06-2015, 04:00 AM
Dan Carlin's Hard Core history and a drumming podcast, I'd hit that.

Since being ill I have lost all interest in atheist podcasts. I never was a believer. Were I a recovering believer they may be worth my time, but for me what is the point? I come here to be amongst fellow atheists. I have no strength to debate seriously now. It, meaning religion, is just a joke to me. Frankly, religion is beneath me.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 06:02 AM
Podcasts...what are you listening to?
I've never listened to a full podcast. A couple minutes, but that's it.
14-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Ooh, I have a full plate ...

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Dan Carlin's Common Sense
Stuff You Should Know
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Star Talk ... infrequently
RadioLab
Freakenomics ... infrequently
Criminal
Serial ... awaiting new episode
This American Life
WTF!? ... Marc Maron does THE best interviews
Rick Steves ... infrequently

Thanks for the "Sword and Scale" tip, Anj. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-06-2015, 08:23 PM
(14-06-2015 11:52 AM)kim Wrote:  Ooh, I have a full plate ...

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Dan Carlin's Common Sense
Stuff You Should Know
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Star Talk ... infrequently
RadioLab
Freakenomics ... infrequently
Criminal
Serial ... awaiting new episode
This American Life
WTF!? ... Marc Maron does THE best interviews
Rick Steves ... infrequently

Thanks for the "Sword and Scale" tip, Anj. Wink

Is that the whole name of the podcast? I was looking and it seems there aren't many episodes. There are others with the word 'Serial' in them.

I think you will like S&S.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-06-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 12:05 PM by kim.)
Serial is a podcast that was begun last year as a summer project from "This American Life". It was ONE subject with each episode for that subject presented once each week all in real time. 8 to 10 weeks was the timeline for the subject to be reported on.

They weren't certain of success so only did the first subject, a 15 year old murder investigation. It became a phenomenon: people were tuning in to find out what happened next ... new evidence emerged along the way ... people were having "Serial" meet ups to listen to & discuss the episode ... people would email and ask questions. It was a big deal in podcast world.

The new subject will begin soon. I don't know what it is. Who knows, the next subject could be a huge bore and the whole thing could become a flop.

I'm excited. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-06-2015, 04:51 PM
(16-06-2015 12:01 PM)kim Wrote:  Serial is a podcast that was begun last year as a summer project from "This American Life". It was ONE subject with each episode for that subject presented once each week all in real time. 8 to 10 weeks was the timeline for the subject to be reported on.

They weren't certain of success so only did the first subject, a 15 year old murder investigation. It became a phenomenon: people were tuning in to find out what happened next ... new evidence emerged along the way ... people were having "Serial" meet ups to listen to & discuss the episode ... people would email and ask questions. It was a big deal in podcast world.

The new subject will begin soon. I don't know what it is. Who knows, the next subject could be a huge bore and the whole thing could become a flop.

I'm excited. Shy

There's a new episode of Sword and Scale...Clap

I found CrimeTime last night and listened to a couple episodes...so far, I am liking that one too.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-06-2015, 06:00 PM
http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/sawbones