Podcasts...what are you listening to?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Podcasts...what are you listening to?
http://www.scienceforthepeople.ca/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 06:25 PM by cactus.)
RE: Podcasts...what are you listening to?
I started listening to a podcast called The Critical Thought. It has some interesting personal stories and information about the history of the Jehovah's Witness organization. However, I would consider the show's title to be too broad and not indicative of the actual subject matter of the show. I thought Critical Thinker was the name of a series of podcasts on different subjects, but it appears to just be about ex-JW stuff.

From what I've heard so far, the critical thinking on the show is only applied to the claims made by Watchtower Magazine and members of the Jehovah's Witness organization, while tacitly treating the Bible as some kind of untouchable source of absolute, uncorruptable knowledge that's not subject to the same level of scrutiny. They'll frequently use the term "it's not the truth" in reference to Jehovah's Witness teachings, and then go on to say "because it's not what's in the Bible." I'm not sure if they're just unwilling to go there themselves, or if they just want to keep their show strictly about the specific extra-Biblical claims made by the JWs so as not to close off portions of their target audience who are in the process of transitioning into a less manipulative Christian denomination.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply