Poe Fun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 10:44 PM by Dark Light.)
Poe Fun
Any of you guys ever visited or read landoverbaptist? It's truly one of the best examples of Poe you'll ever see. The site was made by non-Christians (atheists?) or at least non-'fundamentalists' as a big poe. Well, true to poe form the site attracts a lot of atheists who come there to 'raise hell' not realizing that the church doesn't exist, and the core audience and members aren't genuine in their posts. Sometimes though you have to really scratch your head and figure out if some misguided soul is being genuine or not. I though it was a fun site to read, thought I have neither to time nor inclination to really get into it so to speak.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
22-01-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Poe Fun
I have thought about registering as a true german christian

[Image: 26032d1233246492-gott-mit-uns-belt-buckl...-front.jpg]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
22-01-2014, 05:45 PM
(22-01-2014 05:36 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I have thought about registering as a true german christian

[Image: 26032d1233246492-gott-mit-uns-belt-buckl...-front.jpg]

Sie Angst! Unsure

Ich weiß nicht, ob meine Grammatik korrekt ist. Verzeihen Sie mir, Grammatik Nazis.

22-01-2014, 05:54 PM
(22-01-2014 05:45 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sie Angst! Unsure

Ich weiß nicht, ob meine Grammatik korrekt ist. Verzeihen Sie mir, Grammatik Nazis.

Thats the belt buckle of the German army during WW2, it says "God is with us"

and so did the buckle of the SS

[Image: amy61f.jpg]

People always forget how devout the nazis actualy were.

So a nazi poe would also be very religious.

22-01-2014, 05:57 PM
So is the poe the person who is sincere, but others thinks they are mocking? Or is the poe the person who is mocking, but others think they are sincere?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
22-01-2014, 06:00 PM
(22-01-2014 05:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  So is the poe the person who is sincere, but others thinks they are mocking? Or is the poe the person who is mocking, but others think they are sincere?

the second one.

[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
22-01-2014, 06:24 PM
(22-01-2014 05:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  [quote='Dark Light' pid='473758' dateline='1390434313']

Thats the belt buckle of the German army during WW2, it says "God is with us"

and so did the buckle of the SS

[Image: amy61f.jpg]

People always forget how devout the nazis actualy were.

So a nazi poe would also be very religious.

And here I read it as "Got Mittens?"

Wink

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
22-01-2014, 07:28 PM
(22-01-2014 05:28 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Any of you guys ever visited or read landoverbaptist? It's truely one of the best examples of Poe you'll ever see. The site was bade by non-Christians (atheists?) or at least non-'fundamentalists' as a big poe. Well, true to poe form the site attracts a lot of atheists who come there to 'raise hell' not realizing that the church doesn't exist, and the core audience and members aren't genuine in their posts. Sometimes though you have to really scratch your head and figure out if some misguided soul is being genuine or not. I thought it was a fun site to read, thought I have neither to time nor inclination to really get into it so to speak.

Oh sweet baby Christ on a cracker. This one is so wrong, but had me rolling when the idiots came to the rescue. How can people not see through this?

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=28196

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-01-2014, 09:04 PM
(22-01-2014 05:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  So is the poe the person who is sincere, but others thinks they are mocking? Or is the poe the person who is mocking, but others think they are sincere?

Poe's Law

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-01-2014, 09:09 PM
God isn't specified to be the Christian one at least. In WWII American servicemen had to put some form of the Abrahamic God as their religion on their dog tags. It varied by branch of service but generally you could choose between Jewish, Protestant, Catholic, or Baptist.