Poets' Corner (Serious Poems)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-08-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Poets' Corner (Serious Poems)
(17-08-2013 03:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 02:06 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  There was a broken corner in my tiny room. I found it and I crawled into it. Into the depth of the universe. And I slept with the peace of the universe. And my dream created a bridge. I floated to see it revealed beneath my swollen feet. I saw it float below my frozen feet. I wanted to touch the bridge, to see where it would lead! It could have lead anywhere! It might have had me stride to the back of all creation and answered all my lovely, poignant, beautiful questions! It could have marked me as a worthy soul! But I couldn't reach it, caress it have it envelope me. But I have my broken corner. Where I hide. In my tiny room.

Just ... fucking ... brilliant ... Bravo! [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

Thank you! I don't know about "Brilliant". But I was pretty happy with it! By the way. I really like Joseph Campbell's stuff. I read "The Hero With a Thousand Faces." Watched the Bill Moyers thing over and over again! Almost obsessed with it. Recorded it on a V.C.R. tape MANY tears ago!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2013, 05:50 PM
(17-08-2013 12:35 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 12:14 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Um.... It's possible I shouldn't have had that last drink! But, think about it! Three times sure gets the drinking part across! Either I screwed up the post, or I'm a fucking genius!

Well?

The latter. Hence the 'like' for the last poem.

Bowing

Thanks! You fucking liar! (lol!)
Oh! But lie to me! Lie to me, dude!
Seriously: Thanks for the complement.
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
18-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I banged on the Gates of Hell, because I knew God was in there! Hiding in some corner. He wouldn't come out and face me. I knew that. I knew he couldn't make himself special in my eyes! And he knew it too!

Because he kicked me! Every time I was down, he punched me, kicked me. Hurt me! Every time I was down! And he hid in the darkest corners. He would create a sunset and hide like a mouse! Like my small questions, were more than he could bear. Like I was god! And he was just a weak idea! Like he was a leech! Drawing blood from the damned!

God! In His Palace!, with angels scraping and bowing! Serving him souls! Afraid! That I would find that he is only a poor child. Like Tiny Tim in "A Christmas Carol". Crippled. Already dead. Searching for help and redemption from all the putrid souls that he was above.
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post
18-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I delved into the wilderness. My brow was rigid and bereft of
proper direction. Below me was the world. Above me was the world. Inside me the world spun. Churned my stomach. Made me sick, pale, dead void and null!

Null and void! Void! Vacant! Gone! Gone away! Gone fishing! Gone crazy! Gone lost, silly. Dead, like a battery. Limp, like a 50 year old dick.

In the wilderness.

In the wild.

But I saw a weak star, dim in the heavens! And I drew strength from my bare ass and my boldest dreams. The dreams from a boys world! From the cradle! When dreams were gifts and nightmare was a foreign word.

I know nightmares now! And wilderness! And lonely, dark roads!

And I know those beautiful stars! And the nightmare gifts! Bold dreams! My bare ass, still out there in the field of battle! Another day! another cradle! Another foreign world!
18-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Seriously, guys: Am I making a fool of myself? Is any of this any good?
19-08-2013, 12:30 AM
(18-08-2013 08:15 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Seriously, guys: Am I making a fool of myself? Is any of this any good?

Consider

You wantin' compliments or criticism?

Big Grin

When I asked Zat (the OP) about dat, he wasn't after critiques but preferred them (if at all) to be by PM because he was using the thread to express himself.

Whereas, I was hoping this thread could become a 'workshop' thread because 'art' often needs fine-tuning and de-personalising before it becomes real for a wider audience.

If you are asking whether this audience of one thinks your stuff is any good.... that's what the 'like' button is for, ain't it?

19-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Myriad Lies

in the beginning man created god
to shift the blame
from his duplicitous ways
in the beginning man created word
to robe misdeed
in a disorientating cloak of faith

the sun has not a tear to shed
for man's myriad lies
the stars do not fall to ground
in answer to his cries
the sea does not rise up
and welcome his embrace
alone in the ordering of things
only man knows not his place

and to rail to the heavens
and to bemoan a twist of fate
and we call acceptance common
and those who enslave us great
and to appeal to the masses
as only our own eyes turn our way
to celebrate the lies of others
the things we didn't have the balls to say

in the end man created god
and put him beyond our reach
called his vulgar bigotry
scripture the ancients would preach
yet we stand upon the threshold
where the infinite blinds our gaze
the choice to step boldly into the unknown
or bring about our end of days

have not my faith
you can only be you
and the web of myriad lies
cannot disguise
that single truth

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-08-2013, 05:00 PM
(18-08-2013 08:15 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Seriously, guys: Am I making a fool of myself? Is any of this any good?

Well it sure as shit ain't polished, but I think it's even better precisely because it ain't polished. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
19-08-2013, 07:05 PM
(19-08-2013 12:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Consider

You wantin' compliments or criticism?

Big Grin

When I asked Zat (the OP) about dat, he wasn't after critiques but preferred them (if at all) to be by PM because he was using the thread to express himself.

Whereas, I was hoping this thread could become a 'workshop' thread because 'art' often needs fine-tuning and de-personalising before it becomes real for a wider audience.

If you are asking whether this audience of one thinks your stuff is any good.... that's what the 'like' button is for, ain't it?

Well complements, of course! You want me thinkin' about stuff or something? What are you? Some kind of liberal??!!
19-08-2013, 07:13 PM
(19-08-2013 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Well it sure as shit ain't polished, but I think it's even better precisely because it ain't polished. Thumbsup

No it ain't! Comes straight out of on of my orifice's!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Silly, fun, and non-serious Poet's Corner (Limericks posted here) earmuffs 171 3,496 18-03-2014 11:08 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Poems Phaedrus 3 357 06-11-2012 08:12 AM
Last Post: Vera